Topics and discussion about specific mods
kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

Odd wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm
There's no way to switch between PyRO et Bob's ore for the ores ? I didn't check the changelog before updating PyCoalTBaA, all my production is useless now =C
No. If pyro is active it replaces all Bob's ores. What part is giving you issues. Map got the wrong ore type spawned? I can make a converter if its needed

Odd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Odd »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:13 pm
There's no way to switch between PyRO et Bob's ore for the ores ? I didn't check the changelog before updating PyCoalTBaA, all my production is useless now =C
No. If pyro is active it replaces all Bob's ores. What part is giving you issues. Map got the wrong ore type spawned? I can make a converter if its needed
Well, when I load my save, all the ores I mined and temporarely stored are still bob's ores ones, and I can't do things with them =/

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 pm
Well, when I load my save, all the ores I mined and temporarely stored are still bob's ores ones, and I can't do things with them =/
Ok. I'll make a converter for them

Pygman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pygman »

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:07 pm
Pygman wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm
Hey, I've run into problems with my current ABPy run:
to craft Science Pack 2 I need Boron Trioxid which can only be made in Bobs Electrolyser. Which doesn't seem to exist, if I see right. There seem to be other recipes as well which can only be crafted in this Electrolyser. Do others experience this as well or is this something caused by my mod configuration? Find my Save attached. Thanks for all the work on these great mods!
ive fixed this error now. the need recipe should show up as needing pys electrolyser now
Thanks, you're my hero!

Odd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Odd »

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:43 pm
Ok. I'll make a converter for them

Arvannies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arvannies »

Question: is there supposed to be a difference between "salt" and "salt (sodium chloride)"?
Just salt comes from the py rocks and only seems to be used in Sodium Chlorate (which oddly uses both salts. :P )
The sodium chloride version is the one that's getting used in/created by everything else.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Arvannies wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 am
Question: is there supposed to be a difference between "salt" and "salt (sodium chloride)"?
Just salt comes from the py rocks and only seems to be used in Sodium Chlorate (which oddly uses both salts. :P )
The sodium chloride version is the one that's getting used in/created by everything else.
Nope. Just flown under the radar and hasn't been combined yet. A lot of angels stuff hasn't been checked with pyro yet

Odd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Odd »

I spotted some other recipe problems (all without PyHT) :
- the electronic circuit board needs 2 * 2 Optical fiber
- Helium needs Hydrogen Gas and Hydrogen
- Super Conducting Magnetic Unit needs 2 * 100 Liquid Nitrogen
- Blanket needs 2 * 40 Lead
- Boron Mixture needs 2 * 5 Aluminum plate
- Boron needs 500 Hydrogen chloride gas and 500 hydrogen chloride
- Molybdenum plate needs 100 Hydrogen Gas and 100 Hydrogen
- Nano-material Factory, BioReactor and GenLab needs 2 * 50 Glass

Then I spotted another problem yesterday with Py Fusion Energy, but I don't know it's caused by PyCoalTBaA or Fusion Energy : I can't produce Helium, with FNEI I can see the recipe for the "Gas Processing Unit" but when I placed the building, there's no option to produce Helium

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:55 pm
I spotted some other recipe problems (all without PyHT) :
- the electronic circuit board needs 2 * 2 Optical fiber
- Helium needs Hydrogen Gas and Hydrogen
- Super Conducting Magnetic Unit needs 2 * 100 Liquid Nitrogen
- Blanket needs 2 * 40 Lead
- Boron Mixture needs 2 * 5 Aluminum plate
- Boron needs 500 Hydrogen chloride gas and 500 hydrogen chloride
- Molybdenum plate needs 100 Hydrogen Gas and 100 Hydrogen
- Nano-material Factory, BioReactor and GenLab needs 2 * 50 Glass

Then I spotted another problem yesterday with Py Fusion Energy, but I don't know it's caused by PyCoalTBaA or Fusion Energy : I can't produce Helium, with FNEI I can see the recipe for the "Gas Processing Unit" but when I placed the building, there's no option to produce Helium
Ok. I'll take care of all that later today.

On the helium issue I'm not sure. Shouldn't be pycoaltbaa but I'll look into it

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

Even with the latest update I'm seeing those ore patches that I mentioned earlier; I attached my save file. You mentioned something about disabling Bob's Electrolyzers, this save has them too for diborane, it seems that Angel's Petrochem modifies it after your mod, according to the mouseover tooltip.
Attachments
a.zip
(8.16 MiB) Downloaded 88 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Lorash wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 am
Even with the latest update I'm seeing those ore patches that I mentioned earlier; I attached my save file. You mentioned something about disabling Bob's Electrolyzers, this save has them too for diborane, it seems that Angel's Petrochem modifies it after your mod, according to the mouseover tooltip.
Ok I'll take a look at it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ive checked and double checked. theres nothing wrong with the disabling of py ores. it seems that the ore spawn for that map is already set and i cant change it. you would need to reset ore spawns to fix it. only way i know to do that is delete all chunks you dont have stuff in and let game regenerate them or the rso mod has a command to re-spawn ores.

i also checked on the diborane and made sure the migration file was up to date. it should be good now.

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:43 am
ive checked and double checked. theres nothing wrong with the disabling of py ores. it seems that the ore spawn for that map is already set and i cant change it. you would need to reset ore spawns to fix it. only way i know to do that is delete all chunks you dont have stuff in and let game regenerate them or the rso mod has a command to re-spawn ores.

i also checked on the diborane and made sure the migration file was up to date. it should be good now.
Thanks for your help. This issue happens in newly-generated chunks unfortunately :( Is there an edit I can do to the mods that completely erase this ore type from the ground so Factorio deletes them when the save is loaded? Otherwise, I'll go with the RSO approach.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

Thanks for your help. This issue happens in newly-generated chunks unfortunately :( Is there an edit I can do to the mods that completely erase this ore type from the ground so Factorio deletes them when the save is loaded? Otherwise, I'll go with the RSO approach.
As is. No there isn't. Let me look into it and see what I can do as I'm updating pycoaltbaa for pyro ores for Angel's anyway. Settings and infinite ores for the whole set.

If rso can do it then it can be done just needs more than a simple tweak to do. I'll have something late sat or early sunday with the next update

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

Second option. Use the mod delete empty chunks.

It will delete all the chucks outside ur base and allow the new ore gen to work right. I just tried it and I cannot find any of the removed ores

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 am

It will delete all the chucks outside ur base and allow the new ore gen to work right. I just tried it and I cannot find any of the removed ores
I have no idea how, but this worked! Thank you!

(I'd love to know why removing empty chunks changes how new chunks are generated)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:13 pm
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 am

I have no idea how, but this worked! Thank you!

(I'd love to know why removing empty chunks changes how new chunks are generated)
Factorio pre generates a bit of the map in the dark area. Deleting them completely erased the previous chunk data. So once erased it regenerates the chunks with the loaded data.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ive made a item migration file to change bob ores over to pyro ores in the new update. everything should swap over on load. let me know if i missed anything.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

new update. merged molten metals and gases from angels mods. added checks for pyro to override code to not duplicate items added by pyro and bob mods to the same recipe. and added item migration for bob ores when pyro is active.

BorisEagle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BorisEagle »

A little mess is going on with Vacuum Tube and Valve. Electronics Factory produces Valve, and Chipsooter Machine wants Vacuum Tubes.
It can be corrected by uncommenting line 18 in overrides-Hightech.lua with reverse parameter

Code: Select all

ingredient_replace ("cm-electronic-circuit","valvea","valve")
and adding valve as Vacuum Tube to locale.cfg

Code: Select all

[item-name]
cm-electronic-circuit=Circuit 1
cm-advanced-circuit=Circuit 2
cm-processing-unit=Circuit 3
valvea=Vacuum tube
valve=Vacuum tube

[item-description]
valvea=First generation of transistors
valve=First generation of transistors
https://pasteboard.co/HVbKyja.png

Angels+Bobs+PyCoal+SpaceMod+Yuoki

Thank you for a great compatibility mod!

Return to β€œMods”