Topics and discussion about specific mods
kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by kingarthur »

BorisEagle wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:57 pm
A little mess is going on with Vacuum Tube and Valve. Electronics Factory produces Valve, and Chipsooter Machine wants Vacuum Tubes.
It can be corrected by uncommenting line 18 in overrides-Hightech.lua with reverse parameter

Code: Select all

ingredient_replace ("cm-electronic-circuit","valvea","valve")
and adding valve as Vacuum Tube to locale.cfg

[item-name]
cm-electronic-circuit=Circuit 1
cm-advanced-circuit=Circuit 2
cm-processing-unit=Circuit 3
valvea=Vacuum tube
valve=Vacuum tube

[item-description]
valvea=First generation of transistors
valve=First generation of transistors
https://pasteboard.co/HVbKyja.png

Angels+Bobs+PyCoal+SpaceMod+Yuoki

Thank you for a great compatibility mod!
ok. im completely confused by this. for some reason bob mods was overriding the vacuum tube with his valve name and description. now its not and yet nothing has changed since the issue was reported to me on the mod portal. im look into it today and see if i can recreate the bug or if it is fixed itself apparently.

thank you for letting me know

Lorash
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lorash »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:31 pm
im look into it today and see if i can recreate the bug or if it is fixed itself apparently.

If you grab my save file from earlier, to the east I have electronics factories that are broken by this change.

BorisEagle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BorisEagle »

Just got another problem, deadlock in technology tree:

Production chain for 'Science Pack 3' is including:
Circuit 2
Printed Circuit Substrate 2
Etching Solution

But Etching Solution can only be produced in Mixer (Pyanodons Fusion Energy), which require Titanium Bearing to be built. Titanium Bearing depends from Titanium Processing tecnology, and we need Science Pack 3 to research this technology.

Proposed solution:

Remove Science Pack 3 ingredient from 'Titanium Processing' technology (not a good idea, imho)
or
Remove Titanium Bearing from Mixer (Pyanodons Fusion Energy) recipe
overrides-fusion.lua line 71 now:

RECIPE("mixer"):replace_ingredient("iron-gear-wheel", "titanium-bearing"):replace_ingredient("iron-plate", "titanium-plate")
proposed

RECIPE("mixer"):replace_ingredient("iron-plate", "titanium-plate")

P.S. My set is Bobs+Pyanodon+Angels+Yuoki.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Lorash wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:52 pm
im look into it today and see if i can recreate the bug or if it is fixed itself apparently.

If you grab my save file from earlier, to the east I have electronics factories that are broken by this change.
i loaded up the save saw the issue made a few changes and its fine for me now. for anyone having the valve/vacuum tube issue please try this version see if it good for you.
Attachments
PyCoalTBaA_0.0.39.zip
valve fix
(730.4 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

BorisEagle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BorisEagle »

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am

i loaded up the save saw the issue made a few changes and its fine for me now. for anyone having the valve/vacuum tube issue please try this version see if it good for you.
Valve problem is solved, thank you!

BTW, Titanium Bearing deadlock for Mixer (Pyanodons Fusion Energy) still persist.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am

BTW, Titanium Bearing deadlock for Mixer (Pyanodons Fusion Energy) still persist.
I've already fixed it for the next update. This was just a patch to make sure I got that circuit issue straightened out as I dept with it first.

The next update will be sometime later today. Like in 12 hrs or so. If you dont want to wait the most up to date Version is on my github.

BorisEagle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BorisEagle »

Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:34 pm
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:29 pm

I've already fixed it for the next update. This was just a patch to make sure I got that circuit issue straightened out as I dept with it first.

The next update will be sometime later today. Like in 12 hrs or so. If you dont want to wait the most up to date Version is on my github.
Cobalt steel instead of titanium will definitely work for me! :D Thank you, will watch github too from now!

silvernova115
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ammonia does not exist?

Post by silvernova115 »

239.844 Error ModManager.cpp:1024: Error in assignID, fluid with name 'ammonia' does not exist.

Source: ammonia2 (recipe).
240.759 Loaded shader file D:/Steam Client/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/graphics/shaders/game.cso
240.764 Loaded shader file D:/Steam Client/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/graphics/shaders/zoom-to-world.cso
240.765 Loaded shader file D:/Steam Client/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/graphics/shaders/alpha-mask.cso
240.782 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
240.782 Created atlas bitmap 231x5 [none]
240.782 Created atlas bitmap 132x24 [no-crop, trilinear-filtering, icon, light]
241.015 Sprites loaded
241.015 Convert atlas 132x24 to: trilinear-filtering
241.037 Warning ControlInput.cpp:270: Unknown control input string "SHIFT + RETURN"
241.037 Warning ControlInput.cpp:270: Unknown control input string "CONTROL +T "
241.038 Custom inputs active: 106
241.039 Factorio initialised
241.047 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, fluid with name 'ammonia' does not exist.

Source: ammonia2 (recipe).

Mods to be disabled:
β€’ PyCoalTBaA
β€’ angelspetrochem
404.662 DSound: Stopping voice
404.662 DSound: Joining thread
404.665 DSound: Exit _dsound_update; tid=13624
404.665 DSound: Waiting for voice to stop ... signaled
404.666 DSound: Joined thread
404.666 DSound: Destroying thread
404.666 DSound: Thread destroyed
404.666 DSound: Releasing buffer
404.666 DSound: Voice stopped
404.666 DSound: Deallocating voice
404.666 DSound: Deallocated voice
404.734 Steam API shutdown.
404.786 Razer Chroma Controller un-initialized
404.786 Goodbye

has anyone else occured this issue?

Vacuusimago
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vacuusimago »

Hi! I'm getting an error "Failed to load mods: __PyCoalTBaA__/data-updates:lua:5: __PyCoalTBaA__/functions/functions.lua:87: attempt to index field 'expensive' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
*PyCoalTBaA

Has anyone else had this with version .38?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Vacuusimago wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:50 am
Hi! I'm getting an error "Failed to load mods: __PyCoalTBaA__/data-updates:lua:5: __PyCoalTBaA__/functions/functions.lua:87: attempt to index field 'expensive' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
*PyCoalTBaA

Has anyone else had this with version .38?
looks like something has normal recipe and not an expensive version. fixed for next release

abg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abg »

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the newest patch yet, but playing on the old patch - the two types of Titanium ore (Py's titanium and Angel's sorted titanium) are different. Py-titanium can only be used in Pyanodon's refining, and cannot be made into ingots; likewise with Angel's.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

abg wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:02 am
I'm not sure if this has been fixed in the newest patch yet, but playing on the old patch - the two types of Titanium ore (Py's titanium and Angel's sorted titanium) are different. Py-titanium can only be used in Pyanodon's refining, and cannot be made into ingots; likewise with Angel's.
The ores and molten metals should be merged. I'll check it

abg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abg »

In addition, the recipe for Molybdenum plate uses 100 of both types of hydrogen - this seems like a bug where one of them was incorrectly replaced, and was added to the recipe instead.

abg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abg »

Another few things:

Salt obtained from Py Salt mines are not the same item as Angel's salt, except it is used in a single recipe where salt is doubled up - 20x AngelSalt and 20x PySalt and Steam form some sodium product.

In addition, there is another loop in blue science: liquid nitrogen goes into TPA, which goes into Kevlar, which goes into Blue Science; Liquid Nitrogen, in the red-green epoch, is produced only in a compressor, which not only requires titanium bearings (which themselves require blue science), but also requires tungsten plates (another blue science product).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:26 am
Another few things:

Salt obtained from Py Salt mines are not the same item as Angel's salt, except it is used in a single recipe where salt is doubled up - 20x AngelSalt and 20x PySalt and Steam form some sodium product.

In addition, there is another loop in blue science: liquid nitrogen goes into TPA, which goes into Kevlar, which goes into Blue Science; Liquid Nitrogen, in the red-green epoch, is produced only in a compressor, which not only requires titanium bearings (which themselves require blue science), but also requires tungsten plates (another blue science product).
ok ill look into asap and have a update over the weekend

abg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by abg »

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 am
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:26 am
Another few things:

ok ill look into asap and have a update over the weekend
take your time ;)
thanks again for putting in the time to maintain this mod

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

Hello!
Eventhough I have no bug info or any other input than big thanks for creating this compatibility mod, I write it anyway!
Thanks a lot, del

Bobblybook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bobblybook »

Hi there,

I've been trying to use your mod for the past day or so and I noticed molybdenum/borax/niobium were not spawning infinite ores at all. I checked the patch notes and some time ago you apparently fixed this, but I still couldn't get it to work.

I tried older versions of the mod, and 0.21 and older didn't spawn any patches of these three ores at all. 0.22 fixes patches actually spawning, but no version ever actually spawned infinite patches for me.

Another issue is that these patches that do spawn without infinite ores (borax etc.) have much higher density per patch. On a given setting, I was seeing cronnitium/bobmonium etc. with roughly 400-600k per patch near my spawn. Borax would spawn with about 4M+. It didn't seem like it was following the correct generation rules (this is with RSO).

I looked through the ore files and the noticed a few things:

- For some reason,

angelsmods.ores.enableinfiniteuraniumpower
is used as a condition for all three ore types to spawn infinite patches, I'm not really sure why. This wasn't effecting me because I had this option toggled on anyway, but I'm not sure why it's connected, maybe it was just copy and pasted to be edited, and accidentally forgotten about?

- Indentation is a bit of a mess - it seems that Angel uses tabs, you use spaces, and therefore the ore files have a mix of spaces and tabs and nothing quite lines up, including brackets. There are also a couple of extra nested if statements that aren't necessary.

- There is a fairly simple but serious error in the overrides section at the top - one of the if statements never closes until the very end of the file as it's missing another "end":

if settings.startup["pymods-remove-regular-borax"].value then

-- Overriedes: borax ore
		if data.raw.item["borax"] and angelsmods.refining then
		   data.raw.resource["borax"]["autoplace"] = nil
		   data.raw["autoplace-control"]["borax"] = nil

end
This means that none of the infinite ore code will actually run unless the option is checked to remove regular ore (in this case borax..) which would also prevent any borax from spawning at all.

This is the reason no infinite patches spawn. It could be an easy oversight given the messed up indentation as it's quite hard to follow the brackets and functions if they don't line up.

- There is also this line:

local OV = angelsmods.functions.OV
It does nothing and is not referenced again in any of these ore files. I see that it's used for overrides in other files such as recipes, but it doesn't get used here.

- There are missing localisations for some of the mod settings. Also I couldn't find anywhere where the settings

"pymods-remove-regular-ores"
and

"pymods-remove-rocks"
are actually implemented. I had a look through most of the .lua files and there is no reference to them anywhere.

I thought I'd do my bit to help, so I've gone through and fixed all three ore files from scratch. All the indentation is re-done, excess if statements and checks have been cleaned up and I've fixed all the issues listed above. The only ones that remain an issue are the following:

- Localisation is still missing for a few settings. I wasn't quite sure what the settings do as they don't seem to be ever used, so I didn't want to add descriptions to those if I don't know what they're for.

- Py ores are still generating much larger/denser ore patches than other ores, particularly borax. This might be an issue with RSO. This also may not be a bug, I've never actually used any of the three ores in-game so I'm not sure how valuable or rare they are - it may be intended that they spawn this way.
It seems like at any given distance, the numbers are roughly double any other ore... It's hard to directly compare due to variation in the ore deposits. I've actually disabled all mods except for the barebones pyanodon mods to get their vanilla spawn algorithms, and still Borax appears to spawn larger, so I'm guessing this is intentional.

I've attached the following files for you and anyone who wishes to use them.

/prototypes/Ores/Borax.lua
/prototypes/Ores/Molybdenum.lua
/prototypes/Ores/Niobium.lua

Thanks for your work on this mod :)
Attachments
Niobium.lua
(5.99 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Molybdenum.lua
(6.11 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Borax.lua
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Last edited by Bobblybook on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Bobblybook wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 am
Hi there,

I've been trying to use your mod for the past day or so and I noticed molybdenum/borax/niobium were not spawning infinite ores at all. I checked the patch notes and some time ago you apparently fixed this, but I still couldn't get it to work.

I tried older versions of the mod, and 0.21 and older didn't spawn any patches of these three ores at all. 0.22 fixes patches actually spawning, but no version ever actually spawned infinite patches for me.

Another issue is that these patches that do spawn without infinite ores (borax etc.) have much higher density per patch. On a given setting, I was seeing cronnitium/bobmonium etc. with roughly 400-600k per patch near my spawn. Borax would spawn with about 4M+. It didn't seem like it was following the correct generation rules (this is with RSO).

I looked through the ore files and the noticed a few things:
  • For some reason,

angelsmods.ores.enableinfiniteuraniumpower
    is used as a condition for all three ore types to spawn infinite patches, I'm not really sure why. This wasn't effecting me because I had this option toggled on anyway, but I'm not sure why it's connected, maybe it was just copy and pasted to be edited, and accidentally forgotten about?
  • Indentation is a bit of a mess - it seems that Angel uses tabs, you use spaces, and therefore the ore files have a mix of spaces and tabs and nothing quite lines up, including brackets. There are also a couple of extra nested if statements that aren't necessary.
  • There is a fairly simple but serious error in the overrides section at the top - one of the if statements never closes until the very end of the file as it's missing another "end":

if settings.startup["pymods-remove-regular-borax"].value then

-- Overriedes: borax ore
    		if data.raw.item["borax"] and angelsmods.refining then
    		   data.raw.resource["borax"]["autoplace"] = nil
    		   data.raw["autoplace-control"]["borax"] = nil

end
    This means that none of the infinite ore code will actually run unless the option is checked to remove regular ore (in this case borax..) which would also prevent any borax from spawning at all.

This is the reason no infinite patches spawn. It could be an easy oversight given the messed up indentation as it's quite hard to follow the brackets and functions if they don't line up.
  • There is also this line:

local OV = angelsmods.functions.OV
    It does nothing and is not referenced again in any of these ore files. I see that it's used for overrides in other files such as recipes, but it doesn't get used here.
  • There are missing localisations for some of the mod settings. Also I couldn't find anywhere where the settings

"pymods-remove-regular-ores"
    and

"pymods-remove-rocks"
    are actually implemented. I had a look through most of the .lua files and there is no reference to them anywhere.

I thought I'd do my bit to help, so I've gone through and fixed all three ore files from scratch. All the indentation is re-done, excess if statements and checks have been cleaned up and I've fixed all the issues listed above. The only ones that remain an issue are the following:

- Localisation is still missing for a few settings. I wasn't quite sure what the settings do as they don't seem to be ever used, so I didn't want to add descriptions to those if I don't know what they're for.

- Py ores are still generating much larger/denser ore patches than other ores, particularly borax. This might be an issue with RSO. This also may not be a bug, I've never actually used any of the three ores in-game so I'm not sure how valuable or rare they are - it may be intended that they spawn this way.
It seems like at any given distance, the numbers are roughly double any other ore... It's hard to directly compare due to variation in the ore deposits. I've actually disabled all mods except for the barebones pyanodon mods to get their vanilla spawn algorithms, and still Borax appears to spawn larger, so I'm guessing this is intentional.

I've attached the following files for you and anyone who wishes to use them.

/prototypes/Ores/Borax.lua
/prototypes/Ores/Molybdenum.lua
/prototypes/Ores/Niobium.lua

Thanks for your work on this mod :)
Thank you. I'll take a lot those files.

Honestly the ores are from way in the beginning when I started the mod and I didn't actually write that code somebody else did and also uploaded it here to add. I then just copy paste it for the others. It was working at one point but I haven't looked at it in a while.

The unused settings are things that got started but was delayed due to bug fixing, getting pyblock updated and just stuff irl getting in my way.

Bobblybook
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bobblybook »

No worries, hopefully these come in handy, I'm surprised more people haven't been complaining that the infinite ore gen isn't working! :lol:

Return to β€œMods”