Topics and discussion about specific mods
BohemianCorporal
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by BohemianCorporal »

Shadow Commander wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm
When I add: bob, angel, py and space (without bob greenhouse and adjustable inserters) PY hightech mod gets a bug.

Making a lab will then requires "Printed Circuit Subtract" which need vacuum and to make that you need a high pressure pump which needs steel :shock: .
No research no steel :o

Without py hightech it looks fine for now, have not gotten far from the ground tho

Factorio 0.17.58
  • Mod list Without py high tech:

Todo-List_17.2.1.zip
    alien-biomes-hr-terrain_0.4.1.zip
    boblocale_0.17.0.zip
    pypetroleumhandling_1.2.5.zip
    pyrawores_1.5.1.zip
    pyfusionenergy_1.2.6.zip
    pyindustry_1.2.9.zip
    pycoalprocessing_1.3.4.zip
    angelsinfiniteores_0.8.10.zip
    bobclasses_0.17.6.zip
    boblogistics_0.17.14.zip
    stdlib_1.2.1.zip
    bobequipment_0.17.2.zip
    bobassembly_0.17.6.zip
    bobplates_0.17.10.zip
    bobmining_0.17.5.zip
    bobpower_0.17.10.zip
    bobrevamp_0.17.5.zip
    bobtech_0.17.6.zip
    boblibrary_0.17.5.zip
    bobores_0.17.5.zip
    bobvehicleequipment_0.17.5.zip
    bobwarfare_0.17.10.zip
    clock_0.17.6.zip
    angelspetrochem_0.8.6.zip
    angelsrefining_0.10.13.zip
    PyCoalTBaA_0.0.56.zip
    Honk_3.0.1.zip
    angelssmelting_0.5.7.zip
    bobenemies_0.17.7.zip
    angelsaddons-cab_0.1.3.zip
    angelsaddons-oresilos_0.5.1.zip
    angelsaddons-pressuretanks_0.4.1.zip
    angelsaddons-warehouses_0.4.1.zip
    SpaceMod_0.4.4.zip
    alien-biomes_0.4.15.zip
    bobelectronics_0.17.5.zip
    bobmodules_0.17.4.zip
    angelsbioprocessing_0.6.2.zip
    angelsindustries_0.2.0.zip
    angelsaddons-smeltingtrain_0.2.0.zip
    angelsaddons-petrotrain_0.4.0.zip
Same for me, for now the only i found was to disable Bob's electronics, I think is a rename problem.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

BohemianCorporal wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:12 am
Shadow Commander wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:12 pm
When I add: bob, angel, py and space (without bob greenhouse and adjustable inserters) PY hightech mod gets a bug.

Making a lab will then requires "Printed Circuit Subtract" which need vacuum and to make that you need a high pressure pump which needs steel :shock: .
No research no steel :o

Without py hightech it looks fine for now, have not gotten far from the ground tho

Factorio 0.17.58
  • Mod list Without py high tech:

Todo-List_17.2.1.zip
    alien-biomes-hr-terrain_0.4.1.zip
    boblocale_0.17.0.zip
    pypetroleumhandling_1.2.5.zip
    pyrawores_1.5.1.zip
    pyfusionenergy_1.2.6.zip
    pyindustry_1.2.9.zip
    pycoalprocessing_1.3.4.zip
    angelsinfiniteores_0.8.10.zip
    bobclasses_0.17.6.zip
    boblogistics_0.17.14.zip
    stdlib_1.2.1.zip
    bobequipment_0.17.2.zip
    bobassembly_0.17.6.zip
    bobplates_0.17.10.zip
    bobmining_0.17.5.zip
    bobpower_0.17.10.zip
    bobrevamp_0.17.5.zip
    bobtech_0.17.6.zip
    boblibrary_0.17.5.zip
    bobores_0.17.5.zip
    bobwarfare_0.17.10.zip
    clock_0.17.6.zip
    PyCoalTBaA_0.0.56.zip
    Honk_3.0.1.zip
    angelssmelting_0.5.7.zip
    bobenemies_0.17.7.zip
    angelsaddons-cab_0.1.3.zip
    SpaceMod_0.4.4.zip
    alien-biomes_0.4.15.zip
    bobelectronics_0.17.5.zip
    bobmodules_0.17.4.zip
Same for me, for now the only i found was to disable Bob's electronics, I think is a rename problem.
Use version .55. It's a know issue and the fix is coming asap

Magnatix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Magnatix »

Ashprinny wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:40 pm
kingarthur wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:19 am
toorudez wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:13 pm
YunoAloe wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:01 am

Use v0.0.55, not 56.
I'll give that a try. Thanks
Edit: That did not work. Time to back-date all the mods I'm using and perhaps the version of the base game and find out what changed the name of the recipe.
Edit2: It appears to be Boblibrary that changes the recipe name. I disabled that mod and Circuit Board 1 is back. (Factorio version 0.17.54)
Edit3: So doing some digging. It appears that when I activate the PyCoalTBaA mod, it changes the Circuit Board 1,2 and 3 recipe to be Circuit 1,2 and 3.
Edit4: So I've tried reverting back to PyCoalTBaA 0.0.55. Now it made all my stone pipes disappear!!! Yikes!! I might just start a new game soon. Anyway, here's my mod lit if it helps:
  • angelsaddons-cab_0.1.3.zip
    angelsaddons-newlocales_0.2.7.zip
    angelsaddons-nilaus_0.2.1.zip
    angelsinfiniteores_0.8.9.zip
    angelssmelting-extended-upgradet_0.0.7.zip
    angelssmelting_0.5.7.zip
    bobassembly_0.17.6.zip
    bobenemies_0.17.7.zip
    bobequipment_0.17.2.zip
    bobgreenhouse_0.17.1.zip
    bobinserters_0.17.6.zip
    boblibrary_0.17.5.zip
    boblocale_0.17.0.zip
    boblogistics_0.17.13.zip
    bobmining_0.17.5.zip
    bobmodules_0.17.4.zip
    bobores_0.17.5.zip
    bobplates_0.17.10.zip
    bobpower_0.17.10.zip
    bobrevamp_0.17.5.zip
    bobtech_0.17.6.zip
    bobwarfare_0.17.10.zip
    FNEI_0.2.5.zip
    Infinizoom_0.1.3.zip
    LightedPolesPlus_1.3.5.zip
    long-reach_0.0.13.zip
    OpteraLib_0.1.7.zip
    pycoalprocessing_1.3.3.zip
    PyCoalTBaA_0.0.55.zip
    pyfusionenergy_1.2.6.zip
    pyindustry_1.2.8.zip
    pypetroleumhandling_1.2.4.zip
    pyrawores_1.5.0.zip
    Squeak Through_1.3.0.zip
    stdlib_1.2.0.zip
    WaterWell_1.0.20.zip
I was actually looking into this one myself seeing as I came across the same issue...when delving into the code I came across something weird:

RECIPE {
type = 'recipe',
name = 'electronic-circuit-initial',
category = 'handcrafting',
enabled = true,
energy_required = 2,
ingredients = {
{type = 'item', name = 'copper-plate', amount = 10},
{type = 'item', name = 'copper-cable', amount = 10},
{type = 'item', name = 'wood', amount = 2}
},
results = {
{type = 'item', name = 'pcb1', amount = 3}
}
}

RECIPE {
type = 'recipe',
name = 'electronic-circuit-initial',
enabled = true,
energy_required = 2,
ingredients = {
{type = 'item', name = 'wood', amount = 1}
},
results = {
{type = 'item', name = 'cm-electronic-circuit', amount = 3}
}
}

Now the cm-electronic-circuit is the "circuit-1" entity which properly shows up in my handcrafting list. HOWEVER; the PCB1 recipe (for the electronic subtrate boards) does NOT. So whilst these recipes are immediately following eachother and without any override (that I could find) the circuit board 1 recipe (handcrafting version) DOES show up yet the substrate recipe does not. I checked ALL overrides/fixes as well as affected mods (including THEIR overrides/fixes) but I'm at a loss....

Going to try to alter the various variables in this recipe to see if I can "trick" the mod into thinking it's another recipe altogether.
well its not going to show up as its the same recipe and the second instance overrides the first one. all you've got to do is change the name on one and theyll both show up
*major facepalm moment*
I can but only say "D'Oh"
RECIPE {
type = 'recipe',
name = 'pcb',
enabled = true,
energy_required = 2,
ingredients = {
{type = 'item', name = 'wood', amount = 2}
},
results = {
{type = 'item', name = 'pcb1', amount = 3}
}
}

Π’ΠΎΡ‚ Ρ‚Π°ΠΊ всС Ρ€Π°Π±ΠΎΡ‚Π°Π΅Ρ‚

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Found a new issue (I know the mod is in overhaul mode; just trying to contribute my part)

This is most likely because of my extensive mod-list I'm using to play the game. In this case I think I'll have to look at AAI + Bob+ Pycoal for answers but I have no idea how to fix this one.

When reaching the module science stage the initial research has no issues (modules). however; afterwards something hinky occurs. Pollution cleaning + production can be researched as normal but I think either AAI or PycoalTBAA adds a science pack 0 to all other basic modules (speed, productivity and efficiency). This would require me to insert both boards as well as science pack into the same lab. Last time I checked (and I did) this wasn't possible unless there's some secret lab research I don't know about....

If not it means module science research is impossible

Update: I looked through the replacement code TBAA executes upon launching and found the bit where it adds Science pack 0 to any research that requires a logistic sciencepack...going to check bob's to see if they (originally) required a logistics science pack but I have no clue how it adds a science pack 0 to a research that never (could) include mixed science sources to begin with.

Update2: I searched through Bob-modules and all it does it add some modules (that don't get a science pack 0 added to them) but leaves the initial modules unaffected. I have no clue how TBAA adds a science pack 0 to module-research 1-3 (4- and onwards are unaffected. I.e.; they don't get a science pack 0 added to them)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm
Found a new issue (I know the mod is in overhaul mode; just trying to contribute my part)

This is most likely because of my extensive mod-list I'm using to play the game. In this case I think I'll have to look at AAI + Bob+ Pycoal for answers but I have no idea how to fix this one.

When reaching the module science stage the initial research has no issues (modules). however; afterwards something hinky occurs. Pollution cleaning + production can be researched as normal but I think either AAI or PycoalTBAA adds a science pack 0 to all other basic modules (speed, productivity and efficiency). This would require me to insert both boards as well as science pack into the same lab. Last time I checked (and I did) this wasn't possible unless there's some secret lab research I don't know about....

Update: I looked through the replacement code TBAA executes upon launching and found the bit where it adds Science pack 0 to any research that requires a logistic sciencepack...going to check bob's to see if they (originally) required a logistics science pack but I have no clue how it adds a science pack 0 to a research that never (could) include mixed science sources to begin with.

Update2: I searched through Bob-modules and all it does it add some modules (that don't get a science pack 0 added to them) but leaves the initial modules unaffected. I have no clue how TBAA adds a science pack 0 to module-research 1-3 (4- and onwards are unaffected. I.e.; they don't get a science pack 0 added to them)
My guess is its finding the vanilla modules then adding the science pack even though bob has edited them. Might be a load order issue or just needs to bypass them completely. I've got the code all moved over and I'm doing some clean up atm. Mostly typos and things. Right now the new version loads but has some issues that need corrected.

Tldr. I'll look into fine tuning the sp0 a bit better

Ashprinny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ashprinny »

Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm

My guess is its finding the vanilla modules then adding the science pack even though bob has edited them. Might be a load order issue or just needs to bypass them completely. I've got the code all moved over and I'm doing some clean up atm. Mostly typos and things. Right now the new version loads but has some issues that need corrected.

Tldr. I'll look into fine tuning the sp0 a bit better
I actually thought of this too and double-checked if this was the case; only to realise how silly this was. Vanilla never added science packs to module research because the base game doesn't allow for science to be mixed with modules (which is exactly the problem). I looked through the bob files too but couldn't find the instance where it would add an automation science pack...The only thing I can think of is that somehow the game looks for research that needs automation science packs (pre-module research) then adds a sp0 to recipes that come AFTER that initial research only to have modules grade 4+ (and raw modules) being changed back to remove that sp0 by bob's (seeing as they have an exception written in for them in bob's modules).

In short: Modules grade 1-3 aren't specified by ANY mod; just the grade 4+ and the effect is that grades 1-3 get sp0 added to them whilst grades 4 and onward are fine.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ok. screw it. balancing py+angelbob is taking way to long so ive commented out the unfinished rebalance parts of the code and im releaseing the updated code without the rebalance on friday 9/13/19. in the meantime here is a zip copy of the planned release for anyone that wants to trying it will i finish working over
the rest of omni+py.

ill continue working on the balancing bits and whenever ive got enough of it done to feel its worth adding ill make it active. i dont want to push anything out till i good amount is ready or every update will constantly be breaking everyone`s factories with changes.
Attachments
PyCoalTBaA_0.9.0.zip
(4.28 MiB) Downloaded 135 times

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Good afternoon all. With the latest experimental Factorio, full Angel+Bobs, full Py (plus world +wife qol mods like RSO, LTN etc), plus the zipped compatibility mod, I don't seem to be able to research steel, despite having researched its prerequisite technology. I'm at a loss. Happy to diagnose further, but preliminary thoughts?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Rue99 wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:20 pm
Good afternoon all. With the latest experimental Factorio, full Angel+Bobs, full Py (plus world +wife qol mods like RSO, LTN etc), plus the zipped compatibility mod, I don't seem to be able to research steel, despite having researched its prerequisite technology. I'm at a loss. Happy to diagnose further, but preliminary thoughts?
your not able to research it? like the tech is yellow or whatever color the available tech is and you cant click it? sounds like something is set as a prerequisite of steel thats been hidden but not removed.

next best thing would be to dump to the log the full steel tech and see what shows up. double check that its the only tech that unlocks steel and what your settings are as bobs has done a few updates recently that i have not accounted for yet and they might effect it given he changed steel to need oxygen. ill load up abpy later and see if its doing the same for me

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

Ah! You put me onto the right track. I'm not sure if it's the default for the latest Bob's, but with 'new steel' checked in mod settings, steel was available, but unresearchable, if that makes sense. Disabling 'new steel' fixes the issues. Thanks so much for the speedy response!

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Post by infantryman4life »

so would it work with omni mods or should i wait till the 13th?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

infantryman4life wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:30 pm
Omni matter is probably fine. I'm not sure on the others yet

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:43 am
i got an error when i loaded with omni

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 am
ok. i figured as much. id hold off til friday then and ill hopefully have all the issues resolved between them.

out of curiosity what all mods are you attempting to use? if i get the time ill check that setup to make sure it works

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 am
ok. i figured as much. id hold off til friday then and ill hopefully have all the issues resolved between them.

out of curiosity what all mods are you attempting to use? if i get the time ill check that setup to make sure it works
angels, bobs, pys, omni they are all full suite and qol mods

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 am

Alright. I'll see what I can do

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:16 am

i can wait till friday :) thanks for your hard work :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:19 am

Alright. Quick update. I've managed to get full omnipy working but when I add ab to the mix omnicompression is hopelessly broken as something or other cuases it to break literally every icon and I've fixed as many as I can.

So if you leave out compression then abpz is g2g

infantryman4life
Inserter
Inserter

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:26 pm

Alright. Quick update. I've managed to get full omnipy working but when I add ab to the mix omnicompression is hopelessly broken as something or other cuases it to break literally every icon and I've fixed as many as I can.

do you have an updated pycoaltbaa zip?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:42 am
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:26 pm

do you have an updated pycoaltbaa zip?
PyCoalTBaA_0.9.0.zip
(4.34 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

Return to β€œMods”