kingarthur wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm
Orris wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:45 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:09 pm
Orris wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:27 pm
Hey! thx for the great work, i got some issue with the 0 science pack, someway somewhy it didn't merged well, i still can craft "Unknown key: item-name.sience-pack-0" it didn't merged with automation pack.

at the research tab i need both red automation pack and science 0 pack, but i cant actually place the science 0 into the lab there is no place for it.

i use all bobs+angels+clowns+aai+py+yuoki
It's not supposed to be merged. They are separate things. The lab is supposed to have a extra slot to put the science pack in.

Can you send a copy of your save file. Itll make it easier to see why it's not working
yeah sure attached, then my problem is that the lab doesnt have room for science 0 and that i cant actually craft the automation pack but at least i can put it in the lab
ok thanks ill look into asap
Hi there! :) thx for your time and sorry for nudging.... but any news? the problem is still exist unfortunately :cry:
Nothing good yet. The lab for reasons I've yet to determine doesnt want to add the extra slot for sci pack 0. I'm still working my way thru to see if some mod is doing more than expected to the lab

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by katalex »

Hello, sorry for the intrusiveness, but I still do not work compatible with AAI and your adaptation.
optic_bug.jpg
optic_bug.jpg (33.86 KiB) Viewed 11424 times
Please fix it.

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

Szentigrade wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:39 am
kingarthur wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 am
Szentigrade wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am
kingarthur wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:30 am
Szentigrade wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 am
just a suggestion is like a crude nursey from the start to produce wood, it seems to be the only thing slowing me down atm
I'll look into adding one. Pc in peices atm so itll be a few days
i just noticed there is no botanical nursery MK01 at all, need that unlocked from the start
Well that's not right. Send me your save so I can see who broke things and I'll get it fixed asap as I'm working on stuff right now
attached save, kinda stuck right now because of no wood
this is still not fixed, wanted to start my save up again and i can't get any early wood production up for science

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

just updated to latest version

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Bumped on this one :
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (22.59 KiB) Viewed 11317 times
No error with bobplates_0.17.6, but fail to load with more recent versions of it.
List of mods

Ollo_Lophand
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ollo_Lophand »

I've just updated mods to fix bug mentioned above. Now it looks impossible to progress.

Printed Circuit Substrate 1 requires Cyanic Acid. Need Destructive Distillation Column to make Cyanic Acid which requires Printed Circuit Substrate 1.

Thanks

Edit:

I've just checked and it looks like most of the basic buildings like Fawogae Plantation require Printed Circuit Substrate 1 but you need these buildings to make the chip.

I'm playing with Bobs, Angels and Py.

Mijast727
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mijast727 »

Ollo_Lophand wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 pm
I've just updated mods to fix bug mentioned above. Now it looks impossible to progress.

Printed Circuit Substrate 1 requires Cyanic Acid. Need Destructive Distillation Column to make Cyanic Acid which requires Printed Circuit Substrate 1.

Thanks

Edit:

I've just checked and it looks like most of the basic buildings like Fawogae Plantation require Printed Circuit Substrate 1 but you need these buildings to make the chip.

I'm playing with Bobs, Angels and Py.
kingarthur,

I'm seeing the same thing as Ollo_Lophand. I posted the following in the discussion for the mod on the mod site:

"I think the recent update to PyCoalTBaA (0.0.56) made it impossible to automate Printed Circuit Substrate 1 production. I've been running a Bobs/Angels/Py game and after the updates today (6/10) I've lost the ability to handcraft PCS1. Much of the required infrastructure to automate PCS1 production needs some number of PCS1s in the recipe (Inserter needs 1, PCB Factory needs 6, Assembling Machine 1 needs 3, Electric Mining Drill needs 3, Lab needs 10, etc.). Starting a new game might be DoA with the inability to craft a Lab to do any research. I'm not a coder but I checked the GitHub link above and I'm guessing it was this change that is causing the problem: "fix handcrafted circuit was set to pcb and not circuit 1" in the Prototype folder."

Thank you for all you effort with this mod!

Mike

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

alright well i want to apologize to anyone still having issues.

unfortunately pycoaltbaa has become an utter nightmare to keep patching and doing bug fixing on. it wasn't written in a way to make anything this any issues easy or even part of the plan given it was only meant to be a patch for angel and pymods to both work with bob mods.

now before anyone gets any crazy ideas im not throwing in the towel or giving up or anything of the like.

as of Monday, june 11th, 2019 im stopping and more bug fixes and patches for the rest of June. im going to pull pycoaltbaa apart line by line and rewrite it from the ground up to handle dealing with all the different mods people are trying to play with together.

im going to work thru the major mods and sets in this order.
Angels mods.
Bob mods.
Angel+Bob.
Ommni mods.
Madclowns mods.
Madclowns Angel addon mods.
AAI Industries.
then work over Armor phasmas mods to give them a write up of what pymods and apm needs to be balanced and good together.

On july 1st ill release a new version that ill be bumping up 0.9.0 for the new and improved pycoaltbaa. after that ill start looking at other issues and bugs people are having.

in the mean time if you have a specific mod or mod set you want looked at feel free to post it on the github issues page tagged with a request tag.
https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyCoalTBaA/issues

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

Seems like the right thing to do :)

Thanks !

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Delanii »

kingarthur wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 am

unfortunately pycoaltbaa has become an utter nightmare to keep patching and doing bug fixing on. it wasn't written in a way to make anything this any issues easy or even part of the plan given it was only meant to be a patch for angel and pymods to both work with bob mods.

now before anyone gets any crazy ideas im not throwing in the towel or giving up or anything of the like.

as of Monday, june 11th, 2019 im stopping and more bug fixes and patches for the rest of June. im going to pull pycoaltbaa apart line by line and rewrite it from the ground up to handle dealing with all the different mods people are trying to play with together.

Angels mods.
Bob mods.
Angel+Bob.
Ommni mods.
Madclowns mods.
AAI Industries.
then work over Armor phasmas mods to give them a write up of what pymods and apm needs to be balanced and good together.

On july 1st ill release a new version that ill be bumping up 0.9.0 for the new and improved pycoaltbaa. after that ill start looking at other issues and bugs people are having.

in the mean time if you have a specific mod or mod set you want looked at feel free to post it on the github issues page tagged with a request tag.
+1 for that.
Not even it will make your patching and development easier, but also if somebody crashes on an issue, if hes able to navigate through the code, he can even find solution and propose it.
Take your time, it might be valid to make it even two months, just try to be consistent as much as you can.
Final note: Seems to me, that MadClown subsided a lot from Factorio. I hit onto some bugs in compatibility with his mod. If you dont have different informations, I would suggest moving his mods down the line and adding Amator Phasma and Space exploration more in front of the list.
Regards

Delanii

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Delanii wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am
Final note: Seems to me, that MadClown subsided a lot from Factorio. I hit onto some bugs in compatibility with his mod. If you dont have different informations, I would suggest moving his mods down the line and adding Amator Phasma and Space exploration more in front of the list.
> Space exploration
Is a nice mod, but to my experience much of Earendel's stuff is notoriously problematic in compatibility and performance. This one is WIP even. I think that compatibility with AAI, space exploration and possibly other his stuff might better be handled by a different mod, with a separate author. Also if Amator Phasma / Xander would be included there, we'd get an alternative to ABPy. :) PyCoalTBaA has really become too big, especially for only 1 person maintaining it.
Besides, space exploration sounds maybe more in line with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ERPTbaAB .

Orris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Orris »

kingarthur wrote:

Angels mods.
Bob mods.
Angel+Bob.
Ommni mods.
Madclowns mods.
AAI Industries.

Same here, you have nothing apologise for, its your time you spent for us to play.
Thanks for the work, will wait till the update as much time as needed.
GOOD LUCK with that :)

Mijast727
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mijast727 »

kingarthur wrote:

Angels mods.
Bob mods.
Angel+Bob.
Ommni mods.
Madclowns mods.
AAI Industries.

kingarthur,

Thanks for all the work you've done with this mod. I managed to figure out how to add the handcrafted PCS1 recipe back into v56 so I've got my game back up and running. I look forward to the next version of TBaA whenever you feel it is ready.

Thanks again!

Mike

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

kingarthur wrote:
post it on the github issues page tagged with a request tag.
Btw only people with write access can tag issues. By default only repo owner has write access.

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Mijast727 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm
kingarthur wrote:

Angels mods.
Bob mods.
Angel+Bob.
Ommni mods.
Madclowns mods.
AAI Industries.

kingarthur,

Thanks for all the work you've done with this mod. I managed to figure out how to add the handcrafted PCS1 recipe back into v56 so I've got my game back up and running. I look forward to the next version of TBaA whenever you feel it is ready.

Thanks again!

Mike
Mike ,
What did you need to change to get the handcrafting for PCS1 back? I'm having the same problem as you did.

Kuchikucha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kuchikucha »

Cisco, you can go see the discussion on the changelog of PyCoalTBaA, or revert to 0.55 for now.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... 000cd86507

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Kuchikucha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Cisco, you can go see the discussion on the changelog of PyCoalTBaA, or revert to 0.55 for now.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBa ... 000cd86507
Thanks Kuch, I'm reading through the thread now. I tried reverting to .55 but I was using AAI and Factorio would not load so I'm looking for a way to automate PCB1 which appears to be impossible with the current mod combo. Let me go through the entire thread you sent and see if I can edit the recipe file or something in order to progress. I ditched my game and started over without PyMods but only just started a new game so if I can find a quick/easy fix in order to progress with PyHT I'll start another new game.
Again, thanks for your help.

Cisco

Update: I deleted Lines 1215 - 1229 in the Recipe.Lua file as KingArthur suggested and it worked :D

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

DarkyPupu wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 pm
Bumped on this one :

Sans titre.png

No error with bobplates_0.17.6, but fail to load with more recent versions of it.
List of mods
For those who have same issue (heavy-water), disabling pure water in bobplates (start settings) do the job :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I don't know where to ask but i have PyCoalTBaA+bob's mods+py mods иге i have this error - here's some issues with ore generation
2019-06-23_16-20-20.png
2019-06-23_16-20-20.png (10.64 KiB) Viewed 10640 times
Early all works good but i hear that pyanodon made some changes in ore generation system
Mod List
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 pm
I don't know where to ask but i have PyCoalTBaA+bob's mods+py mods иге i have this error - here's some issues with ore generation
2019-06-23_16-20-20.png
Early all works good but i hear that pyanodon made some changes in ore generation system
Mod List
Well I'm the one that made those changes and it seems something is cuaseing Bob's ores to have issues with the ribbon world settings.

Might or might not be related to ore gen changes as that should be off by default

Return to “Mods”