[MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Version 3.5.0 Published

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -

Just a note to say that a new version is finally out, with my (sparse) work over the past several months. Here's a quick summary:

Advanced refining -
  • Copper
  • Nickel
  • Chromium
  • Platinum
  • Gold
  • Silver
  • Semiconductor silicon
  • Some petroleum content
Materials & Parts -
  • Stainless steel
  • Epoxy resin
  • All circuits tentatively complete
Machines & Equipment -
  • Small-lamp additional recipe
  • Solar panels
  • Electrical substation
  • Flamethrowers
Various other smaller things I can't remember

I have seen most of your recent comments & bug reports, and don't worry, I haven't forgotten - it simply takes me a long time to get to everything. As I mentioned recently, many of my other interests have been competing for hobby time lately.

jyf15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.0

Post by jyf15 »

Hi I'm new to this great mod. But I find that 4 coal makes 9 coke, while a coke has the same fuel value as a coal. Does that somehow break the law of conservation of energy? That is, with each coal processed thus, 20 MJ of energy is produced out of nowhere.
(Maybe there's another understanding: maybe we can say that coal actually contains more energy than can be utilized, and burning coal utilizes its energy very badly (say efficiency 20%), while coke contains the same amount of energy but converts a higher percentage of energy (say 45%)? Then, is this the case in the real world? The ratio set in this mod should be closer to real world scenario instead of inventing an improbable ratio.)

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.0

Post by khadgarion »

Hmm. There's a whole bunch of stuff that now requires the blue assembler (like medium power poles) instead of the grey assembler. That means automation of some fairly basic stuff requires tungsten production. I updated and my "mall" broke, lol.

EDIT: The assembler machines (grey ones) should have 4 ingredient capability, in my opinion. So many of the low tier entities require 4 ingredients that the standard assembly machine is of limited utility.

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Version 3.5.1 Published

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -

New update just out! I feel like I got a pretty good amount of work into this one, summarized as follows:

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed piercing ammo recipes and rewrought military-4 into XM
  • Fixed broken electrolyzer fluid boxes
New content:
  • Expanded advanced refining & materials: top tier tin and lead, nylon plastic
  • Added induction 3 tech, as well as top-tier copper cable, coil, and motor
  • Added electric mining drill 2
  • Added electric plasma furnace
  • Added concentrating solar panel
  • Rewrought flying robots
  • Rewrought utility science pack
  • Rewrought low-density structure
As always, thanks for the comments, your interest makes me enjoy working on the mod all that much more. :)

Shadow_Man
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.1

Post by Shadow_Man »

Mod is great, thank you. 8-)

But I have some questions (and not only me):
1. There is no wood production. Do I have to harvest wood by hand all the time?
2. Many assembling recipes of Tier1 machines require blue assembler, which is already on a different Tier. Maybe allow a standard (gray) assembler to produce Tier 1 machines?
3. Are there any plans to update the graphics? For example, conveyor icons in the style of the main game, 3D models of factories from the mod?

P.S. Bug in version 3.5.1: after changing the Plastic bar recipe, the Polyethylene granule recipe is not available in reactors.

Return to “Mods”