[MOD 1.1] Xander Mod v3.6.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Corvenus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v1.5.1

Post by Corvenus »

hey

thought i'd say thanks for a great mod as well as see if there was any update on how things are going with version 2.0,

we are currently still playing out game in version 1.5.1 and have gotten to robots but the engine that they need seems to be a miss match, version one needs the brushless motor the same as the second level of robots which is about 12-15 techs further into the tree and the materials needed don't match with the other things needed to make the robot.

Can anyone tell me a quick way to change this so the robots need the induction motor, engine 2 rather than the brushless one which is number 3 since the materials and tech level would match up better

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Corvenus wrote:Can anyone tell me a quick way to change this so the robots need the induction motor, engine 2 rather than the brushless one which is number 3 since the materials and tech level would match up better
Should be something like (untested):

Code: Select all

for _,this in pairs(data.raw.recipe["flying-robot-frame"].ingredients) do
 if this[1] == 'motor-3' then this[1] = 'motor-2'
  end
 end

Corvenus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvenus »

thanks

TheGringe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheGringe »

eradicator wrote:
Corvenus wrote:Can anyone tell me a quick way to change this so the robots need the induction motor, engine 2 rather than the brushless one which is number 3 since the materials and tech level would match up better
Should be something like (untested):

Code: Select all

for _,this in pairs(data.raw.recipe["flying-robot-frame"].ingredients) do
 if this[1] == 'motor-3' then this[1] = 'motor-2'
  end
 end
Alternatively one could edit line 10 in the file "prototypes/recipe/part/assembly.lua" in the mod archive and change motor-3 to motor-2.
EDIT: While you're at it, you can also change the recipe in line 47 in prototypes/technology/bulk.lua from "forging-iron-b" to "forging-iron-c" to make the advanced iron forging recipe resarchable.
Last edited by TheGringe on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

When new playable version will arrive? Interesting to watch for new update
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Update to XM 2! (well, 2.0.0)

Post by Vetrosian »

eradicator wrote:
Repofme1 wrote: New resource set, game progression temporarily broken because I haven't fixed any of the recipes yet
I don't usually openly disagree with mod authors, but this sounds like a very bad idea.
I'm going to have to agree with this after downloading the mod (only just discovered it) and finding I can make almost nothing. Mostly as I seem to need clay, which needs bauxite, there's none on the map, and the laterite which having the same icon, doesn't count. (Hopefully I've not missed some other way of progressing)

Had I not checked for this discussion I'd have assumed this was still an early unplayable mod.

TheGringe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by TheGringe »

Vetrosian wrote:
eradicator wrote:
Repofme1 wrote: New resource set, game progression temporarily broken because I haven't fixed any of the recipes yet
I don't usually openly disagree with mod authors, but this sounds like a very bad idea.
I'm going to have to agree with this after downloading the mod (only just discovered it) and finding I can make almost nothing. Mostly as I seem to need clay, which needs bauxite, there's none on the map, and the laterite which having the same icon, doesn't count. (Hopefully I've not missed some other way of progressing)

Had I not checked for this discussion I'd have assumed this was still an early unplayable mod.
If you want to play with 2.0 you can check out https://mods.factorio.com/mod/xander-mo ... 00095e7b04 for a fix.

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetrosian »

TheGringe wrote: If you want to play with 2.0 you can check out https://mods.factorio.com/mod/xander-mo ... 00095e7b04 for a fix.
Appreciated, I may play around with it later, right now I'm trying the older version.

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Xander Mod Status

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all-

Once again, life has gotten the better of me, and suddenly I find myself having gone 3 months without any XM news. Work this summer turned out to be much more engaging than I expected, which is good in its own ways, but obviously means less time for Factorio. That, and my attention wandering FAR off course, makes up most of the stuff keeping me busy.

Despite a long absence, I'm not dead, and the mod is still not *quite* dead. Most of my recent work is on internal structure, like I mentioned in my last post, but that was a long time ago so here is a refresher:
-Moving parameters for items, recipes, etc. into easily accessible lists. This way I can navigate everything and kill bugs much quicker
-Constructing prototypes using for loops and these data lists
-Maintaining reference documents, so I'm not left wondering "Wait, how did I make that icon?..." in a year from now.
-A few very early features, up to roughly the stone furnace (effectively nothing)

With that said, I will take a small step up and promise everyone an update this weekend - before I go to bed Sunday (excepting emergencies and similar extreme circumstances). I guess interest is pretty low since my absence, so I don't know who is still looking at the mod, but in any case this is my status. I think you all still deserve a quick word from me, certainly without having to wait 3 months, and especially because I have had the time for this - it's focus I have been lacking.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Good to see you back =).
I sincerely hope that weekend update will make the "latest" version on the mod portal playable again, either by fixing or by depublishing 2.0. My main fear is that interest in the mod is/did/might/will go down due to people typing "xander" in the in-game client, grabbing the latest version and ending up with an unplayable experience.
That said i haven't managed to look at the codebase either, despite still planning to :p (and if you're doing your own refractor now my ideas become less useful ^^.)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I definitely still look at this mod and would be sad if it dies.
However, if you need any kind of help, please speak up.
In the news last friday, they made some interesting changes to the mod portal: https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-250
f.e.: in Collaborators section. "Now a modder can set another player as a 'collaborator', which means they can help out will all the maintenance of the mod. Collaborators can do everything the author can do, except add or remove collaborators."

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

2.1.0 Update: Up on GitHub, Mod Portal Issue

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -

I have an update ready now, and it's definitely playable up to the burner lab and first coal coke technology. Likely much further, but I haven't tested to find exactly where it breaks. I know this isn't very far, but like I said, my effort has been going into reorganizing, and it is already paying off - handling the mod now feels much more efficient.

Unfortunately, the mod portal is not cooperating today, and the upload keeps failing to go through. I'm not sure if the problem is a slow connection on my end, a large file size, trouble with the website, or all of the above, but the result is that I can't seem to get an update published there. However, the update IS live on GitHub, tagged as version 2.1.0, which has the exact same code that I am attempting to upload to the mod portal. I'll keep trying, but I don't really know when it will decide to work.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

You could try posting a request for support of uploading via url on the mod portal discussion subforum. That way you could just publish via linking a zip-file on github/your ftp/any other place with proper resume support.

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

RSO Config for XM 2.0.0+

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all-

I realized that I forgot to post this when I finished it, so here it is attached. As I've been working in near isolation the past few months, this config with the new XM resources is not part of the standard RSO download.

If you are using RSO and XM 2, this file (xander.lua) has to go in the "resourceconfigs" folder within the rso-mod zip, replacing the existing (old and outdated) xander.lua that RSO does have.
xander.lua
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Doesn't RSO have a remote interface to register changes? Having to contact the author of RSO and force him to update sounds like an awful inefficient solution.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

eradicator wrote:Doesn't RSO have a remote interface to register changes? Having to contact the author of RSO and force him to update sounds like an awful inefficient solution.
If I find kind soul that will write a validator for registered configs then it might get one.
For now it doesn't :D

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

orzelek wrote:
eradicator wrote:Doesn't RSO have a remote interface to register changes? Having to contact the author of RSO and force him to update sounds like an awful inefficient solution.
If I find kind soul that will write a validator for registered configs then it might get one.
I took a look at the files in resourceconfigs and they look like pretty short standartized tables? So i'm guessing the main thing that needs validating would be value ranges? The main problem for writing a validator is that... you're probably the only person who knows the exact requirements for that format. During what stage are those configs used? If it's during control.lua then a remote.interface should be quite possible.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

eradicator wrote:
orzelek wrote:
I took a look at the files in resourceconfigs and they look like pretty short standartized tables? So i'm guessing the main thing that needs validating would be value ranges? The main problem for writing a validator is that... you're probably the only person who knows the exact requirements for that format. During what stage are those configs used? If it's during control.lua then a remote.interface should be quite possible.
They are described in vanilla.lua at least a bit. Some of them are more of an check it and see if it works nicely or not.
They are used in control.lua - one of the main potential problems being that all of them need to be registerd on first chunk generation and they should not change during game. With main exception being changes to mods that add/remove ores.

There is also a part in data stage but it mainly disables normal generation.

There are some tricky cases that might be tad difficult to cover with remote interface like modification to existing configurations. It would make changes like this one for Xander a bit easier since RSO wouldn't need to figure out whats the current mod version.

But things like modifying vanilla/other mods resources if your mod is present are much more problematic in case of interface usage.
And lets stop derailing this thread :)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Well, i don't think it's too much derailing so far, it's about making Xander better after all. But i've made a new thread at your place anyway.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 2.1.0 Update: Up on GitHub, Mod Portal Issue

Post by Therax »

Repofme1 wrote:I have an update ready now, and it's definitely playable up to the burner lab and first coal coke technology. Likely much further, but I haven't tested to find exactly where it breaks. I know this isn't very far, but like I said, my effort has been going into reorganizing, and it is already paying off - handling the mod now feels much more efficient.
I started a new map, and the first progression breakage I've found is in the first graphite powder recipe, which still requires granitic-ore. Along the same lines, crude sulfur extraction requires lead-ore.

There are a few more recipes that take bauxite as an ingredient, but bauxite is no longer autoplaced, only laterite.

So, unable to get out of the burner age in the current state. For the moment I've switched this recipe to use coal instead, which is probably completely geologically impossible (I'm no geologist!), but I'll continue testing and putting fixes into my hotfix mod published on the mod portal along the lines of eradicator's earlier effort for 1.5.1.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Return to “Mods”