[MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Version 3.5.0 Published

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -

Just a note to say that a new version is finally out, with my (sparse) work over the past several months. Here's a quick summary:

Advanced refining -
  • Copper
  • Nickel
  • Chromium
  • Platinum
  • Gold
  • Silver
  • Semiconductor silicon
  • Some petroleum content
Materials & Parts -
  • Stainless steel
  • Epoxy resin
  • All circuits tentatively complete
Machines & Equipment -
  • Small-lamp additional recipe
  • Solar panels
  • Electrical substation
  • Flamethrowers
Various other smaller things I can't remember

I have seen most of your recent comments & bug reports, and don't worry, I haven't forgotten - it simply takes me a long time to get to everything. As I mentioned recently, many of my other interests have been competing for hobby time lately.

jyf15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.0

Post by jyf15 »

Hi I'm new to this great mod. But I find that 4 coal makes 9 coke, while a coke has the same fuel value as a coal. Does that somehow break the law of conservation of energy? That is, with each coal processed thus, 20 MJ of energy is produced out of nowhere.
(Maybe there's another understanding: maybe we can say that coal actually contains more energy than can be utilized, and burning coal utilizes its energy very badly (say efficiency 20%), while coke contains the same amount of energy but converts a higher percentage of energy (say 45%)? Then, is this the case in the real world? The ratio set in this mod should be closer to real world scenario instead of inventing an improbable ratio.)

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Xander Mod v3.5.0

Post by khadgarion »

Hmm. There's a whole bunch of stuff that now requires the blue assembler (like medium power poles) instead of the grey assembler. That means automation of some fairly basic stuff requires tungsten production. I updated and my "mall" broke, lol.

EDIT: The assembler machines (grey ones) should have 4 ingredient capability, in my opinion. So many of the low tier entities require 4 ingredients that the standard assembly machine is of limited utility.

Return to “Mods”