[MOD 1.1] Xander Mod v3.6.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waabsheshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v1.5.1

Post by waabsheshi »

Maybe you should make RSO a required dependency in the same version you change the ores, as both changes require generating a new map. Perhaps this should be called version 2.0 due to the severity of breakage. Also, I think you should make loaders-redux required as well since loaders are the only way to use certain recipes to full capacity for quite a while as they unlock long before stack inserters or even fast inserters. I find this quite realistic as belt-fed hoppers are much simpler IRL than robotic arms.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

As far as i remember loaders-redux is already an optional dependency.

waabsheshi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by waabsheshi »

It is, but i think that the optional part is a mistake.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I don't. There's more than one loader mod in existance, and in late game you might want to change to a different mod or not use loaders at all for performance reasons.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

So found something else and can't find out where it is defined to fix it.

The long fast inserter (and am assuming the long stack inserter and if there is a long fast stack inserter) isn't long handed. I couldn't find anywhere that the reach and speed are defined. I just tried changing the ingredients to a long-handed but that didn't do anything.

I think I have reached my limits on this playthrough. Got to the point of almost removing gold science from logistic chests but unlocked the recipes instead. But then I thought just plopping down requester and provider chests wasn't going to make the factory any more efficient. So at 144 hours with not a single part of gold science fully automated yet, I'm throwing in the towel at least temporarily.

voidf.0xb3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by voidf.0xb3 »

I actually reported the long fast inserter bug here: https://github.com/Factorio-Xander-Mod/ ... /issues/27

Looks like it can be fixed by editing prototypes/entity/logistic/inserter.lua around line 85 to read:

Code: Select all

extension_speed = 0.07,
		rotation_speed = 0.0457,
		pickup_position = {0, -2},
		insert_position = {0, 2.2},
		hand_size = 1.5,
		fast_replaceable_group = "long-handed-inserter"
	}

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

eradicator wrote:I don't. There's more than one loader mod in existance, and in late game you might want to change to a different mod or not use loaders at all for performance reasons.
Note that I wrote Miniloader specifically prompted by XM because using a 2x1 loader to get coke out of my blast furnaces was annoying, and I knew the performance penalty of using loader-redux with cargo wagons would eventually be a map killer. :)
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Therax wrote:
eradicator wrote:I don't. There's more than one loader mod in existance, and in late game you might want to change to a different mod or not use loaders at all for performance reasons.
Note that I wrote Miniloader specifically prompted by XM because using a 2x1 loader to get coke out of my blast furnaces was annoying, and I knew the performance penalty of using loader-redux with cargo wagons would eventually be a map killer. :)
BTW: Very nice mod. I use it now instead of Loader Redux and it has a major advantage: Connectable to circuit network :) Thanks

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Therax wrote:
Does that imply there is some integration between miniloader and xander so that the recipes make sense from a xander perspective? In my current playthrough i had loaders (redux version) automated far before i could automate standard inserters, which i think you use in your recipes? (Also still waiting for that render layer fix, i have a strong need for aesthetics :P)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v1.4.1

Post by eradicator »

Hotfix 3
Fixes:
  • Fixed long fast inserter and long stack inserter were not actually long. (idea by voidf.0xb3)
Click here to download
Changelog
I took the liberty of making another hotfix and putting it on the mod portal to increase visibilty and allow auto-updates if nessecary.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

Where do the bugs get listed for fixing/updates?

I'll list what I've found in a more official place.

voidf.0xb3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by voidf.0xb3 »

You could probably report bugs on GitHub: https://github.com/Factorio-Xander-Mod/ ... od/issues/

voidf.0xb3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by voidf.0xb3 »

So there’s something weird going on with fluid categories. Here’s how they currently work.

The following fuels are crude fuels:
  • Wood (2 MJ)
  • Raw wood (4 MJ)
  • Wooden crate (4 MJ)
  • Small electric pole (4 MJ)
  • Coal (16 MJ)
The following fuels are chemical fuels:
  • Charcoal (4 MJ)
  • Coke (4 MJ)
  • Activated carbon powder (4 MJ)
  • Solid fuel (32 MJ)
  • Optimal high-octane fuel (40 MJ)
  • Nuclear fuel (1.21 GJ); this one was added in 0.16 and probably hasn’t been reviewed by the mod author yet
Here’s which fuels are used by various burners.

Furnaces:
  • Stone brick furnace: accepts all fuels
  • Clay brick furnace: accepts only chemical fuels
  • Blast furnace: accepts only chemical fuels
Burner-era machines:
  • Burner miner: accepts only crude fuels
  • Burner inserter: accepts only crude fuels
  • Chemical inserter: accepts only chemical fuels
  • Burner lab: accepts only crude fuels
  • Boiler: accepts only crude fuels
  • Crude chemical reactor: accepts only crude fuels
  • Crude mineral sluice: accepts all fuels (??)
  • Recondensing steam-powered machine tool: accepts only chemical fuels (???)
  • Recondensing steam-powered assembling machine: accepts only chemical fuels (???)
Vehicles:
  • Locomotives (all tiers): accept only crude fuels
  • Car: accepts only chemical fuels (???)
  • Tanks (all tiers): accept only chemical fuels (???)
So here’s the thing. If stone brick furnaces accept chemical fuels, it seems to me that those can be burned for heat, and thus should be accepted by all machines that accept crude fuels. It also seems strange to me that some vehicles accept only crude fuels, while others accept only chemical fuels. Is there any significant difference between a train and a car? This is made even more problematic by the fact that trains, apparently, cannot benefit from vehicle acceleration bonuses from solid fuel.

riqotta
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by riqotta »

Ouch, something (factorio beta update?) just switched the order of inputs for all my 2-input standard chemical plant input recipes, so my factory is broken :(. Anyone else get hit by that? I can fix, might take an hour though, i have hundreds to fix. Maybe there's a smarter way than just replumbing everything (or what if it's a bug that gets rolled back then i have to do it all over again ;). Ideas?

I have high-tech science by the way, although just barely. My general struggle has been power, I have 130MW from coal power, I am reluctant to scale it much more because I might have to make too many coal trains to keep up. So switched to solar, have about 150MW of that. Really focused on working towards nuclear power though.

purdueme91
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by purdueme91 »

riqotta wrote:Ouch, something (factorio beta update?) just switched the order of inputs for all my 2-input standard chemical plant input recipes, so my factory is broken :(. Anyone else get hit by that? I can fix, might take an hour though, i have hundreds to fix. Maybe there's a smarter way than just replumbing everything (or what if it's a bug that gets rolled back then i have to do it all over again ;). Ideas?

I have high-tech science by the way, although just barely. My general struggle has been power, I have 130MW from coal power, I am reluctant to scale it much more because I might have to make too many coal trains to keep up. So switched to solar, have about 150MW of that. Really focused on working towards nuclear power though.
You could try Chem Flip mod. Build the replacements and use update planner to swap all of them at once... I would recommend Extender Picker mod so you can delete all the fluids in the pipes.

Could also roll back to an earlier version. I'm outside of Steam so I only download and update occasionally because of this exact reason (Angel loves to update his mods and destroy all the recipes/setups)

I'm taking a break from factorio now but my next push will be for high tech science so great to hear it is possible to get there.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Fluids have been fixed in factorio 0.16.32!
0.16.31 had a bug that changes the order of most fluid inputs, if you loaded and saved your world in 16.31 than in the worst case you get mixed fluids in lots of pipes which is a pain to clean up. It's doesn't break your world or anything, it's just a lot of work. 0.16.32 has fixed the bug and everything should be back to normal. Anyone who skipped 0.16.31 completely won't be affected at all.

riqotta
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by riqotta »

Yay! Thanks (so glad i didn't re-plumb my whole factory only to have to change it back ;) Good idea on chem flip too

riqotta
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by riqotta »

Found another minor issue (doesn't block progress): calcium sulfate cracking: has 2 fluid outputs, so can't be made in an ERF. Same problem as rutile chlorination. A while back repofme1 suggested the fix for rutile chlorination was to remove flue gas as an output, so I suggest the same fix for this one.

data.raw.recipe["rutile-chlorination"].results = {{type = "fluid", name = "titanium-tetrachloride", amount = 10}}
data.raw.recipe["sulfate-cracking"].results = {{type = "fluid", name = "sulfur-dioxide", amount = 100}, {"slag", 10}}

lambbacons
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lambbacons »

I am about...100 hours into the xander mod, and was getting tired of hand crafting most of the parts for the steam engine (because I never automated half the crude parts and ripped out the ones I did), saw there were more efficient ones, and I finally reached into purple tech far enough to get close to steam turbines. But I noticed the first steam turbine had lots of advanced parts. And then in frustration I looked farther down the tech tree to steam turbine 2 and it had mid level ingredients. So my guess is the ingredients got swapped. I haven't quite built them yet, but I tested a recipe change. (yay, I modded a thing!) (EDIT: I built some now and they work great. So much power. FWIW, an improved boiler can't quite satisfy one steam turbine at full output)

in xander-mod_1.5.1\prototypes\recipe\production\energy.lua I swapped the ingredients and messed around with formatting until I got:

--Base "steam-turbine"
data.raw.recipe["steam-turbine"].category = "crafting"
data.raw.recipe["steam-turbine"].energy_required = 10
data.raw.recipe["steam-turbine"].ingredients = {{"forging-alloy", 10}, {"forging-iron", 20}, {"mechanism-2", 10}, {"control-2", 2}, {"motor-2", 4}, {"pipe-stainless", 20}}
and a little farther down:

{
	type = "recipe",
    name = "steam-turbine-2",
	category = "crafting",
	energy_required = 10,
	enabled = false,
	ingredients = {{"forging-superalloy", 10}, {"forging-alloy", 20}, {"mechanism-2", 10}, {"mechanism-3", 5}, 
	{"control-3", 2}, {"motor-3", 4}, {"pipe-superalloy", 20}, {"fused-basalt", 50}},
	result = "steam-turbine-2"
},
I don't have Github otherwise I'd report it there too.

wimplaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v1.4.1

Post by wimplaw »

GeekinaCave wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:Hey guys, any of you is having this problem? i'm using factorio 16.22 + Xander 1.5.0 + alien biomes 0.3.8 and this happens:

its a new gamesave BTW
when i use alien biomes alone it works fine... :?:

Update: also i just noticed, with Xander alone, the ores does not appear in the preview map.
I make a new test and apparently the problem is with the code changes in Xander 1.5.0; since with Xander 1.4.1 the Alien Biomes Mod seems to work properly...
I may have found a fix to this problem!
I had the same problem as you but when i tried Alien biomes with Alien Biomes High-Res Terrain this problem was fixed. I was looking over at alien biomes forum for solutions to this problem and i found some info about Alien Biomes High-Res Terrain mod fixing some other issues. It had somthing to do with the load order of the mods witch fixes some id issues. I tied it with xanders mod 1.5.1 and it worked. :D
here is a link to the mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/alien-biomes-hr-terrain

Return to “Mods”