Topics and discussion about specific mods
jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15+] Xander Mod v1.2.1

Post by jodokus31 »

donoya wrote:
jodokus31 wrote: Thanks for testing.
OK :/ I think, that my "fix" overrides the previous crafting_category, which was needed for the standard etched board. I'll try to find it and then it can be added, too
EDIT: Seems to be crafting_category "chemistry", which is missing now. This is a base game category

Code: Select all

data.raw["assembling-machine"]["chemical-plant"].crafting_categories = {"basic-chemistry", "chemistry"}
EDIT2: Tested it. Seems to do the trick
So I did some more testing and this only seems to fix the crude chemical plant. And while you can't craft the standard chemical plant which is required for the next chemical plants, you can still cheat them in, and the fix doesn't seem to apply to the later chemical plants.
This fix is only supposed to fix the crude chemical plant.
If you want to fix the standard chemical plant (reactor-1), you can edit the production/technology/production.lua. to correct, which recipe should be unlocked (reactor-1 instead of reactor-2, reactor-3 instead of reactor-2).
And the reactor-1 only supports crafting_category "chemistry". I dont know, if it is intended by Repofme1, that crude recipes from "basic-chemistry" are no longer craftable in reactor-1 or if its a bug. I think the idea could be, that those crude recipes are only for startup machines. But i dont know, if i like it. I would rather let the decision to the player, if he wants to use old inefficient recipes in a better plant or machine. This behavior applies to other recipes, too

I only tried to fix the first obstacle with the crude chem plant, because it really prevents from playing the early game.
Honestly, I dont know, if we should start to fix further bugs, which definitly exist, or if we wait for Repofme1. I dont want to interfere to much...

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Just found out, that the offshore pump is extremly slow. It only pumps 30/s. Vanilla is 1200/s. At the moment it can only support 1 boiler & 2 steam engines. The second pump pumps 60/s. Seems, that something went wrong while changing the offshore pumps

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

question
Clay - 2 variant or hand => to automatc create?

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Airat9000 wrote:question
Clay - 2 variant or hand => to automatc create?
You can automate clay with the mineral sluice or later variants on it.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

So, I managed to automate green and red science. Its actually is really fun so far. Very small steps and my main-bus is already huge.
Still tedious is that you have to chop down so much wood. for electronic boards, resin and power poles and so on. (i already consumed 7,7k of wood). Even, if you get uncured resol, it still needs wood to create methanol.
I now want to use nanobots to do the hard chopping work, and they need repair packs, which leads to the next problem:

The steel-tooling: There are 3 recipes: tooling-1-a/b/c, which can create it.
Unfortunately, the tooling-1-a cannot be unlocked by technology. I think, it should by unlocked by "Steel Parts 1".
Without it you cant craft the electic Machine Tool 1 and the repair packs.

I did some testing, with manually unlocking "tooling-1-a" with"/c game.player.force.recipes["tooling-1-a"].enabled = true".
Now, it should be craftable in machine tool, but its not. The reason is, that it can craft up to 2 ingredients, but the tooling-1-a has 3. (should it be increased?)

The ingredients limit applies also in normal assemblers for crafting the assembly machines and chemplants, which have 5 ingrendients, but only 4 are allowed.

EDIT: I will now check, if Bobs Greenhouse mod can be used easiely. I just installed it and it requires only bobslibrary. I can research it and craft the greenhouse with the glass provided by xander. Will test. I dont know, if bobslibrary will destroy anything in xander

EDIT2: Seems to work quite good with bobs greenhouse mod so far. Finally, no more chopping ;)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Hello!
A little testing and reached the product, where you can not see what you can produce, it would be good to make a designation below.
as with earlier products.

Немного протестировав и дошел до изделии, где не видно на чем производить можно, хорошо бы сделать внизу обозначения..
как с ранее изделиями.
2017-09-07_5-42-09.png
2017-09-07_5-42-09.png (100.05 KiB) Viewed 6739 times
2017-09-07_5-41-51.png
2017-09-07_5-41-51.png (203.61 KiB) Viewed 6739 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D find joke - extreme technology in open fluid
more more techologys
2017-09-07_9-06-56.png
2017-09-07_9-06-56.png (1003.69 KiB) Viewed 6728 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D on what to produce these 4 substances? I do not see them!

fin problem conflict in angwls< bob mod replace
basic--chemistry
category in to
chemistry
recipes appeared
2017-09-07_13-19-23.png
2017-09-07_13-19-23.png (221.73 KiB) Viewed 6720 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:D I can not fill in the barrels, your liquids, it's good to make them.
2017-09-07_13-47-54.png
2017-09-07_13-47-54.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 6718 times

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

This mod hasn't had much work put into compatibility with other mods. With how many mods you seem to be using, you're going to run into lots of incompatibilities. Especially with those mods which change the base game's recipes (i.e. any overhaul mods that aren't yuoki). The same thing applies with technologies. Long story short, I'd try playing with just this mod for a little while (and maybe a few UI and small utility mods as most of those seem to work fine).

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

donoya wrote:This mod hasn't had much work put into compatibility with other mods. With how many mods you seem to be using, you're going to run into lots of incompatibilities. Especially with those mods which change the base game's recipes (i.e. any overhaul mods that aren't yuoki). The same thing applies with technologies. Long story short, I'd try playing with just this mod for a little while (and maybe a few UI and small utility mods as most of those seem to work fine).
+1

Regarding "fluid handling". Its really far down the tech tree. Barreling is really important for me. But I think, that those Angels barreling pumps are only pumping vanilla, bobs and angels fluids (Not sure). What about normal assembly machines? Do those treat the custom fluids in Xander?

Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Update 1.2.2

Post by Repofme1 »

Hi all -
So, I'm back from vacation - had a real whirlwind time - and now I can post the latest batch of fixes! I actually found time to do a fair bit of stuff while on the train and such, summary and details added to OP. Major things of note:
- Fixed early chemistry, so the troubles with wood resin, circuit boards, etc. should be gone :)
- A bunch more tech balancing, so there should be very few red science techs that need earlier green science techs to unlock them
- Fixed issues with early machine tools not making some recipes due to ingredient count
- New low-temperature steam turbine for mid-game energy generation
- Fixed the situation with early steel tooling sets
- Fixed too slow offshore pump (missing a zero)
- Re-enabled the base auto-barreling recipes for all XM fluids. I have never used or needed fluid barreling, but it might come in handy for people, so I decided to put it back in. I only removed it to clean up the crazy recipes page, but since I moved the barreling recipes to the bottom it's actually not that bad. Now people like me can simply choose not to use it if they want, and others can choose to use it. However, since XM is built on just the base game, it uses the base automatic generation of barreling recipes. This creates recipes that are made in assemblers with fluid capacity, so 2, 3, and 4. Simply because I don't want to add dependency on Bob's + Angel's, they are NOT made in Angel's barreling pumps.

Fortunately I have been able to check the forums occasionally, so this update *should* fix all the immediate issues brought up. Stuff like overall balancing and difficulty is of course ongoing in testing and development. Main example is wood, I still don't know what if anything to do with that, since it seems people are still having problems.

Upcoming development -
Summer is ending, and this means I am returning to university, so my available time for the mod will decrease. Maybe by a lot, depending on how hard my courses turn out to be this term, so updates will be less steady. However, I feel that the mod is at a fairly good point for now, as we've overcome a lot of the big challenges of how to bootstrap the early game. It's certainly much better than when I first published it! Even though I still have a lot of work to come, there is now also a possibility for really having some fun with the mod :D and progressing past the basics into interesting parts.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15+] Xander Mod v1.2.2

Post by Airat9000 »

Fixed automatic?
clay
iron casting?

you forgot again, in the mod, write number .. because of what does not load.

xander-mod_1.2.2

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Airat9000 wrote:Fixed automatic?
clay
iron casting?
Clay can be automated in the mineral sieve which is unlocked by one of the early techs and iron castings can be made in the clay furnace. I hope that answered your question.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Well done .. now I have a wooden rubber .. and most importantly the barrel!
good work!
2017-09-09_7-02-10-48.png
2017-09-09_7-02-10-48.png (402.82 KiB) Viewed 6657 times

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

donoya wrote:
clay
iron casting?
Clay can be automated in the mineral sieve which is unlocked by one of the early techs and iron castings can be made in the clay furnace. I hope that answered your question.
you talked about this technology *?
2017-09-09_7-05-32.png
2017-09-09_7-05-32.png (166.17 KiB) Viewed 6657 times

find
2017-09-09_7-15-41.png
2017-09-09_7-15-41.png (109.42 KiB) Viewed 6653 times
2017-09-09_7-15-57.png
2017-09-09_7-15-57.png (598.75 KiB) Viewed 6653 times

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Airat9000 wrote:
donoya wrote:
clay
iron casting?
2017-09-09_7-05-32.png

find
2017-09-09_7-15-41.png
2017-09-09_7-15-57.png
Yeah. Sorry, I forgot some of the names.

Edit:
Also, WHY IS THAT TECH SO EXPENSIVE!?

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

donoya wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
donoya wrote:
clay
iron casting?
The attachment 2017-09-09_7-05-32.png is no longer available

find
The attachment 2017-09-09_7-15-41.png is no longer available
The attachment 2017-09-09_7-15-57.png is no longer available
Yeah. Sorry, I forgot some of the names.

Edit:
Also, WHY IS THAT TECH SO EXPENSIVE!?

:D 1000x technology ))
find bug
Attachments
2017-09-09_12-30-15.png
2017-09-09_12-30-15.png (727.04 KiB) Viewed 6645 times

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Update 1.2.2

Post by jodokus31 »

Repofme1 wrote:Hi all -
So, I'm back from vacation - had a real whirlwind time - and now I can post the latest batch of fixes! I actually found time to do a fair bit of stuff while on the train and such, summary and details added to OP. Major things of note:
- Fixed early chemistry, so the troubles with wood resin, circuit boards, etc. should be gone :)
- A bunch more tech balancing, so there should be very few red science techs that need earlier green science techs to unlock them
- Fixed issues with early machine tools not making some recipes due to ingredient count
- New low-temperature steam turbine for mid-game energy generation
- Fixed the situation with early steel tooling sets
- Fixed too slow offshore pump (missing a zero)
- Re-enabled the base auto-barreling recipes for all XM fluids. I have never used or needed fluid barreling, but it might come in handy for people, so I decided to put it back in. I only removed it to clean up the crazy recipes page, but since I moved the barreling recipes to the bottom it's actually not that bad. Now people like me can simply choose not to use it if they want, and others can choose to use it. However, since XM is built on just the base game, it uses the base automatic generation of barreling recipes. This creates recipes that are made in assemblers with fluid capacity, so 2, 3, and 4. Simply because I don't want to add dependency on Bob's + Angel's, they are NOT made in Angel's barreling pumps.

Fortunately I have been able to check the forums occasionally, so this update *should* fix all the immediate issues brought up. Stuff like overall balancing and difficulty is of course ongoing in testing and development. Main example is wood, I still don't know what if anything to do with that, since it seems people are still having problems.

Upcoming development -
Summer is ending, and this means I am returning to university, so my available time for the mod will decrease. Maybe by a lot, depending on how hard my courses turn out to be this term, so updates will be less steady. However, I feel that the mod is at a fairly good point for now, as we've overcome a lot of the big challenges of how to bootstrap the early game. It's certainly much better than when I first published it! Even though I still have a lot of work to come, there is now also a possibility for really having some fun with the mod :D and progressing past the basics into interesting parts.
Welcome back. Thanks for the update, which fixes most of the issues :)
I think, there should be a solution regarding wood. It seems, that wood consumption is too high, to only let the player chop it all manually. I think, it could be solved by providing a greenhouse solution, which may not be so OP like bobs greenhouse. Or maybe an other solution, where you can dig for oil to create synthenic wood. So far, im quite happy with bobs greenhouse. (Maybe its also an issue because i want to use Nanobots, which require a repair pack and an iron axe. Both need wood)

I think, I found an issue with those 2 electric furnaces (Advanced Furnaces 2 and Electric Refining Furnace) and standard chemical plant. They require "Monel". And Monel is quite far away. And those purple science bottles requiring "crude chemical plant", which implies, that you have to craft crude components. I didnt check all recipes, which lead to monel, but at least the nickel plate smelting requires the electric refining furnace.

Another thing is combinators: They are blue science and have a bit too much prerequisites for my taste. I would like to use them earlier to control the logistic train network, where combinators are kind of a "must-have".

The research of "fluid handling" has also a strange place in tech tree. It could be activated much earlier, because you have to deal with fluids much earlier. And did you think about way to void unwanted fluids like clarifier or flare stack? I saw waste water/gas treatment, but im kind of sceptical, if that it is enough. They only treat flue gas and waste water, but no other fluids.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I think the russian guys problems stem from having all those other mods mixed in with this one - sucks for them but that shouldn't be a priority when the mod is still in development.

Jod, I'd bet your problems are mostly because you're ahead of the part he has fixed up to. The wood thing is a valid concern though yes, base game doesn't have automated wood because it barely uses any. This mod uses quite a lot and really needs to provide means to get it or put a banner in the OP saying "use bobs greenhouse" ;)

One thing I noticed is the labs and research time. Burner labs aren't used in the recipe for electric labs so they are a complete waste of resource - meaning you don't want to over build them. But the tech path to get to electric labs contains some very slow ones - electric engine was the worst I think at nearly 2 hours for a single burner lab. More labs goes faster yes but it's a lot of wasted resource.

Return to “Mods”