[MOD 0.15] Point and Craft

Topics and discussion about specific mods
d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.15] Point and Craft

Post by d3x0r »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/d3x0r/point-and-craft

Adds ability to craft item that is currently selected by the mouse.

ALT + Left click - craft one of the item.
ALT + Right click - craft 5 of the items.

Since ALT is used for Show Info, I suggest rebinding Show info to another key before using this. (options->controls->game then about the 9th item down on the left)

Changelog
---
- 0.1.05 Allow crafting ghosts, allow crafting items on ground. Properly check if recipe is unlocked before allowing crafting.
- 0.1.04 Remove a couple log outputs.
- 0.1.03 Fix crash alt-clicking on the ground.
- 0.1.02 Add meaningful errors showing what items are missing to construct the entity. Requires hand to be empty; requires recipe be unlocked; requires recipe to not be a liquid; requires item to not just be laying on the ground.
- 0.1.01 fixed building entities like rails that had different names
- 0.1.0 initial release - quick and dirty

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Point and Craft

Post by Anson »

d3x0r wrote:Adds ability to craft item that is currently selected by the mouse.
Since ALT is used for Show Info, I suggest rebinding Show info to another key before using this.
nice utility !
in 0.13 or 0.14, i used a similar mod and was missing it badly in my last maps ...

that old mod implemented the pipette "Q" functionality which is now ingame, but
in addition to selecting an item from inventory (if it was available), it automatically
crafted the item when it was not available in the inventory.

it would be nice if this could be done again in 0.16 now.
and that would also avoid having another different keybind to remember or
conflicts with "show info".

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Anson wrote:
d3x0r wrote:Adds ability to craft item that is currently selected by the mouse.
Since ALT is used for Show Info, I suggest rebinding Show info to another key before using this.
nice utility !
in 0.13 or 0.14, i used a similar mod and was missing it badly in my last maps ...

that old mod implemented the pipette "Q" functionality which is now ingame, but
in addition to selecting an item from inventory (if it was available), it automatically
crafted the item when it was not available in the inventory.

it would be nice if this could be done again in 0.16 now.
and that would also avoid having another different keybind to remember or
conflicts with "show info".

Oh I see; so there was a conflict... it had been changed to like shift-middle click default but I had't updated the document.
They changed the names of the buttons to configure; I ended up reverting back to alt-rightclick...
Hmm I guess shift-left click doesn't also select it into the hand... I wonder if Q could be overridden... I'll look at that in a few days... kinda sidetracked on theis other project.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Hallo,
long time without any activities in this thread,
but as long as it works perfectly, we only use it and are quiet :-)

btw: i also was using that other mod that had all those functions on Q, and there are also some other mods which allow crafting eg with a set of three hotkeys for craftx1, craftx5 and craftx10. but as far as i remember, all of them had some disadvantages like only being able to craft ONE item and not being able to queue more while that first item was crafted, etc.
thus i was really enjoying this mod: simply hold ALT (where i always have my left thumb anyway for all the other (vanilla)functions) and left/right click to craft.

too bad that i have to report a bug now ... when i just wanted to craft some item (tried modded items as well as vanilla eg speakers) with alt-leftclick, i got this:
(using the most current versions: factorio 0.16.45 and point-and-craft_0.1.52)

Notice
Error while running event point-and-craft::key-point-and-craft (ID161)
__point-and-craft__/control.lua:105:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'pamount' (a nil value)

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Anson wrote:Hallo,
long time without any activities in this thread,
but as long as it works perfectly, we only use it and are quiet :-)

btw: i also was using that other mod that had all those functions on Q, and there are also some other mods which allow crafting eg with a set of three hotkeys for craftx1, craftx5 and craftx10. but as far as i remember, all of them had some disadvantages like only being able to craft ONE item and not being able to queue more while that first item was crafted, etc.
thus i was really enjoying this mod: simply hold ALT (where i always have my left thumb anyway for all the other (vanilla)functions) and left/right click to craft.

too bad that i have to report a bug now ... when i just wanted to craft some item (tried modded items as well as vanilla eg speakers) with alt-leftclick, i got this:

Notice
Error while running event point-and-craft::key-point-and-craft (ID161)
__point-and-craft__/control.lua:105:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'pamount' (a nil value)
Crazy - been a long time and yes all's quiet so one assumes all is well.
There's another issue I have to look at in another; so I'll try and get to that this weekend; work's kinda hectic right now

Return to “Mods”