[MOD 1.0] Global Tick Time Scale - Change Base UPS/FPS

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aku_hun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Global Tick Time Scale - Change Base UPS/FPS

Post by aku_hun »

Hello. First of all i really like your MOD. Thank You for your work.
And my question is: Did you make it compatible with 0.17.x?

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] Global Tick Time Scale - Change Base UPS/FPS

Post by Zanthra »

I fixed some issues that prevented the mod from starting, updates the metadata and version number for 0.17. While the changes in 0.17 are expansive, the only one that really affects the mod is the fluid flow calculation change. I have been pretty busy the past few days, so I have not had a chance to look at the new model, but from what I read, I can better adjust the fluid mechanics to scale with UPS better. I’ll look through the rest of the files and see if anything else has changed that I missed at the same time.

Currently, fluids will flow slower at lower UPS, and faster at higher UPS. Other than that, most things should be working decently.

PS: 1.4.1 has adjustments to projectiles for spitters and lasers. On discord one of the developers commented that fluid mass and friction were not implemented, so I currently have no way of changing fluid flow rates. On the other hand, animation speeds for radars, beacons, and splitters are correct now.

PPS: Looks like new fluid mechanics didn't make it in, but some of the old mechanics went out, including "pressure_to_speed_ratio" on fluid prototypes.

Zanthra
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zanthra »

I have not had as much time to keep up on changes to the game recently, but I do want to keep this mod up to date.

Has there been any progress by the devs on changes to the fluid model? Prior to 0.17 they had several ideas going around, but none of it made it into 0.17. Any information on when that will happen?

Is there any practical way I could add a multiplier to just the displayed speeds and times in the game? For example at 120 Hz, a crafting speed has to work half as fast (If it had a crafting speed of 1, it now has a crafting speed of 0.5), but I would like to be able to display a crafting speed of 1 in the info window. On the other hand, if someone selects a 5 second wait time for a train at a stop, I would like it to internally be considered a 10 second wait time (600 updates at 120 ups), but I could settle for having the game display that it will have the train wait for 2.5 seconds. This is something I had always assumed would not be possible, but considering that making a mod that allows the game to be played at higher framerates than the game was designed for was considered impossible by someone I consider one of the greatest mod developers here when I first proposed the idea, I feel I should better ask in case there are some clever solutions.

Thanks,
Zanthra

PS: Does anyone have a better idea for a short description. Right now it's "Change the UPS/FPS of Factorio without changing the game pace." But I am not sure that helps people find this mod if it would be helpful to them. Any advice on changing that would be appreciated.

Orkanflorian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Orkanflorian »

Hey Zanthra,

first of all thank you so much for this mod. I seem to have encountered a problem with the Exoskelletons, as after a reset to 60 ups, they dont seem to be affected by enabling the mod again. For this reason I tried again and it seems to stack, so now my Exoskelletons actully make me slower than faster. I have looked over the code for a while now and I cant seem to find the cause.

I would be very happy to hear from you soon.

Edit: I have found the culprit. It was actually another mods fault. It was Progressive running. Just uninstalling the mod fixed the exoskelletons
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=27553&hilit=progressive

FunMaker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Global Tick Time Scale - Change Base UPS/FPS

Post by FunMaker »

Great Mod! Loving it.

I have 2 Suggestions:
  • If i am correct, it seems, that fluid throughput is not affected by your mod. If you multiply the maximum fuild of an entity with (60 / CURRENTFPS) you would increase the throughput so that it should match other modifications. If a player uses the same blueprint on different occassions (with GTTS or without) this would even the problem of fluid throughput out. Maybe it could be optional because a player might avoid, that the storage space increases with this modification
  • You could add a tooltip that displays original Crafting Speeds. This way the production ratios could be easier calulcated.

ps666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.0] Global Tick Time Scale - Change Base UPS/FPS

Post by ps666 »

Great mod! Unfortunately it breaks the max rate calculator mod. Wrong rates are calculated. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MaxRateCalculator

The picture is so much clearer at 120 Hz on my 120 Hz gaming monitor. At 60 FPS the image is very blurry when walking around.

60 FPS is not up to date, sprites or not! This must be changed by the developers.

Return to “Mods”