[MOD 0.15]10x Harder

Topics and discussion about specific mods
withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[MOD 0.15]10x Harder

Post by withers »

DESCRIPTION: Makes the game 10x Harder and more.
Download-Url: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/withers/10xHarder

Just dropping this in here in case anyone wants to talk about it. It's basically another "marathon".
Long description
Screen shots
Version history

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15]10x Harder

Post by Derringer »

I just started a game with a gigantic mod set (Bob's, Angel's, AAI and Yuoki's for starters, along with this, Wear and Tear, and Leveled Enemies) and noticed a couple of quirks.

Power poles get their cost increased, but inserters and belts apparently don't. This creates some unusual early game incentives to move the material to where the power is instead of vice versa. Is this intended or just emergent?

Wooden power poles also suffer the indignity of requiring multiplied wood without carrying a multiplied fuel value on the back end.

withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by withers »

Yeah poles were borderline for me as to whether to make them "harder" or not. I decided to leave them in for consistency. (they are large and approaching the same scale as buildings) Inserters and belts I excluded because they are small and you need so many of them. I felt they should be cheap in comparison to buildings. Also, I think inserters are used in some other recipes (making it an "intermediate" product, and a prime rule of thumb was not to scale anything that's used in other recipes.

There are some lists in functions.lua you can tweak to your liking.

Next time I update, I'll see about making customization a little more user-friendly.

A goal for this mod was simplicity, with one value to scale all "building-like" entities. I tried to avoid getting into the weeds of tweaking every single recipe, although that's unavoidable in some cases.

Derringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Derringer »

Yeah, poles are kind of an odd case. My first thought would be to leave the 1x1 poles alone and scale the larger ones, but the lines get really blurry with things like Bob's mk4 medium pole which is almost a compact substation.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi withers
I have some conflict with shinyicons mod

Shinyicons mod changing ur recipe for belt (with basic machinery) from ur recipe to vanilla recipe (removing basic machinery and puting vanilla iron gear)
This bug occurs when i'm installing shinyicons 0.15.5 or older version

I thought shinyicons is guilty of this bug but author can't fix it so i'm asking for u
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Zombiee/ ... sion/19721
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by withers »

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean but the belts should be using regular gears and be unchanged from vanilla. I have them in the "do_not_touch" list meaning they won't get their ingredients multiplied, or get gears swapped out for machinery. If you want them to use machinery and be scaled up, you could remove them from that list (it's in prototypes/functions.lua).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

withers wrote:I'm not 100% clear on what you mean but the belts should be using regular gears and be unchanged from vanilla. I have them in the "do_not_touch" list meaning they won't get their ingredients multiplied, or get gears swapped out for machinery. If you want them to use machinery and be scaled up, you could remove them from that list (it's in prototypes/functions.lua).
I'm sorry its looks like shinyicons makes use basic machinery for belts :?

Just tell me - did u replace iron gears to machinery? :?:

Bcuz when i'm toggling off shinyicons this recipe is going back to vanilla recipe without basic machinery with it, just before I did not notice that the basic machinery is used in recipe for belt
So i'm toggled off any mods which affecting on belt recipe excepting ur mod and this recipe work like vanilla recipe - no basic machinery in recipe

withers
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by withers »

Oh I see what happened. Shinyicons changes the names of all the subgroups, and 10x relies on those names to determine whether or not to alter the recipe.

I'll see about maybe having it search for the word "belts" in the name, rather then an exact match. That should fix 90 percent of the cases where someone tinkers with the subgroup names.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I like ideas from aai indusrtry - to use motors for our devices and i like idea with machinery for devices
So i want back my belts with machinery :D

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Update not fully working, not working with belts
withers wrote: If you want them to use machinery and be scaled up, you could remove them from that list (it's in prototypes/functions.lua).
I'll try this, if it'll not working, may be i'l continue to use shiny icon 0.15.4 where this issue is not occurs
Do u checked ur update with shinyicons by urself?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ok manipulation with "don't touch list" is working
Before:

Code: Select all

HarderA.do_not_touch_list = {"circuit-network", "belt", "inserter", "energy-pipe-distribution", "pipe-to-ground", "addon-fast-inserter", "addon-stack-inserter", "addon-walls", "concrete-wall", "addon-mines2", "addon-underground-belts", "addon-loader", "addon-splitters", "flow-control-1", "addon-splitters", "pipe"} 
After:

Code: Select all

HarderA.do_not_touch_list = {"circuit-network", "energy-pipe-distribution", "pipe-to-ground", "addon-walls", "concrete-wall", "addon-mines2", "flow-control-1", "addon-splitters", "pipe"} 
Thanks
I began to use ur mod because i'm using pack with - bob's + angel's + one new awesome mod - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=32272 - py coal processing or PYCP

This mod can be technically compatible with AAI industry but i can't start bcuz AAI industry forcing to use burner devices first but py coal processing hasn't that items

Ur machinery addon has similar ideas with AAI industries - and its brought some piece of realism in game, yeah i must say AAI industry more realistic than machineries but u're using resources from angel's and bob's and its more right

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi withers
I have question about transport belts mk3:
Why you made the decision not to add advanced machinery- when dont touch list is modified :!: - and belt mk3 uses first type of machnery - i want i challenge u know !!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Mods”