[MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Landfill (2.1.2)

Post by Rseding91 »

Sutoraika wrote:Hey there, love the mod but i'm wondering if there is any way to increase the radius the water bomb applies? i had a brief look at the code but cant see how its handled with my very limited experience of how mods are programmed.

Alternatively might it be possible to request a recipe for a bigger bomb? crafted out of say 5 regular ones and a processing unit or something similar?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: OH! also, the game crashes when you try to fill-o-matic a body of water that stretches out side of the rendered area, not sure thats fixable at all but I figured I should at least report it on the off chance you didn't know of it.
The crash should be fixed in the version I just uploaded.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Landfill (2.1.4)

Post by Peter34 »

The mod currently facilitates easy removal of water, but in order to create a new tiny lake you must craft an expensive item using late-game tech, namely blue circuits.

I'd really like to see the addition of a much earlier-game way to expand an already-existing lake, since currently the removal of water is almost irreversible.

Another thing that would be cool, but which is somewhat advanced, is if a Dirt Mine machine is added to the game, that can mine up an infinite amount of Dirt from any ground/sand patch, and if this Dirt is now used in the crafting of Landfill, so that instead of 20 Stone per Landfill unit, the cost is 15 Stone and 15 Dirt. Or maybe even 12 Stone, 12 Dirt and 6 Water, since it might well be realistic that you can't do a landfill with 100% dry material. The reason I'm proposing a specific machine, a Dirt Mine, rather than using an Electric Mining Drill, which already exists in-game, is that the game currently limits the placement of an Electric Mining Drill to ground areas that contains ore (or Coal or Stone). Rather than break that logic by allowing the Electric Mining Drill to be placed anywhere, I think it'd be preferable to propose a new machine, although if necessary one that looks similar to the Electric Mining Drill, to do that job.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Peter34 wrote:The mod currently facilitates easy removal of water, but in order to create a new tiny lake you must craft an expensive item using late-game tech, namely blue circuits.

I'd really like to see the addition of a much earlier-game way to expand an already-existing lake, since currently the removal of water is almost irreversible.
I had suggested this a while back and the response was "Use the map editor"

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

vedrit wrote:
Peter34 wrote:The mod currently facilitates easy removal of water, but in order to create a new tiny lake you must craft an expensive item using late-game tech, namely blue circuits.

I had suggested this a while back and the response was "Use the map editor"

Well, if it didn't completely break the biter AI and or they could swim it wouldn't be an issue :)

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Rseding91 wrote:Well, if it didn't completely break the biter AI and or they could swim it wouldn't be an issue :)
How does it break the biter AI? I thought pathing updated every so often

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

vedrit wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Well, if it didn't completely break the biter AI and or they could swim it wouldn't be an issue :)
How does it break the biter AI? I thought pathing updated every so often
Biters can't path swim through water so a moat means 100% protection.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

There's also no way for the player to move over water, so any way a player or train could move, a biter could too.

But it's your mod, so it's entirely your decision what to do with it.

EDIT: After actually playing with the compression bomb, it is REALLY expensive, since it doesn't get rid of land, just moves it to around the new puddle, making it impossible to make an island, regardless of how cheap or expensive the compression bomb is.

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

RU: у меня такой вопрос - а можно ли сделать какую-либо альтернативу water bomb? А то у меня весьма часто игра просто вылетает при взрыве. Я пробовал перенести способ делать водные каналы из кремний мода, но все тщетно :cry: сколько не старался работать как нужно они не хотели.
EN: I have a question - is it possible to make any alternative water bomb? And then I have very often the game just crashes in the explosion. I tried to move a way to make water channels from silicon fashion, but all in vain :cry: how many did not try to work how they wanted.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Dariel92 wrote:RU: у меня такой вопрос - а можно ли сделать какую-либо альтернативу water bomb? А то у меня весьма часто игра просто вылетает при взрыве. Я пробовал перенести способ делать водные каналы из кремний мода, но все тщетно :cry: сколько не старался работать как нужно они не хотели.
EN: I have a question - is it possible to make any alternative water bomb? And then I have very often the game just crashes in the explosion. I tried to move a way to make water channels from silicon fashion, but all in vain :cry: how many did not try to work how they wanted.
I don't understand what you're asking.

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Dariel92 wrote:EN: I have a question - is it possible to make any alternative water bomb? And then I have very often the game just crashes in the explosion. I tried to move a way to make water channels from silicon fashion, but all in vain :cry: how many did not try to work how they wanted.
I don't understand what you're asking.
RU: я имею в виду что бомба из вашего мода при взрыве напрягает компьютер, и я попросил какой либо альтернативный метод уничтожения земли чтобы появилась вода. В моде Silica есть лопата для выкапывания земли и создания озер, можете ли вы сделать что-нибудь подобное? Или хотя бы подсказать как это сделать самому?
EN: I mean the bomb from your mod with the explosion of annoying the computer, and I asked for any alternative method of destruction of the earth to bring water. Fashion Silica have a shovel for digging the earth and the creation of lakes, can you do something similar? Or at least tell how to do it yourself?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Dariel92 wrote:RU: я имею в виду что бомба из вашего мода при взрыве напрягает компьютер, и я попросил какой либо альтернативный метод уничтожения земли чтобы появилась вода. В моде Silica есть лопата для выкапывания земли и создания озер, можете ли вы сделать что-нибудь подобное? Или хотя бы подсказать как это сделать самому?
EN: I mean the bomb from your mod with the explosion of annoying the computer, and I asked for any alternative method of destruction of the earth to bring water. Fashion Silica have a shovel for digging the earth and the creation of lakes, can you do something similar? Or at least tell how to do it yourself?
Ah.. you could use the map editor. You should be able to load your save in their and add water where you like.

Dariel92
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dariel92 »

Rseding91 wrote:Ah.. you could use the map editor. You should be able to load your save in their and add water where you like.
RU: Ну, это не совсем то что я хотел услышать, по правде говоря это даже совсем не то. Добавить воду во время игры при помощи каких-либо внутри игровых приспособлений которые ты сам собрал одно, а добавить ее через редактор совсем другое, кроме того в игре это гораздо интереснее.
EN: Well, it's not exactly what I wanted to hear, the truth is it's not even that. Add water during game play using any in-game accessories that you have collected one, and add it via the editor is quite another, additionally, the game is much more interesting.

ikodan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ikodan »

Hello,

I wanted to clean a mistake that I made with the filler, I placed the bomb :

Fail.

I need a shovel...

shelli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shelli »

you need to load an older savegame...
the Bomb always generates land/stone at the edges.

Shelli

kagurazaki
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kagurazaki »

any idea when this will be updated for 0.12?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kagurazaki wrote:any idea when this will be updated for 0.12?
Right now.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.5)

Post by Koub »

Hi Rseding91, would you please consider applying the template found here in this topic's first post ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I like this mod a lot, but it seems silly to me that the crafting time for each normal Landfill is 0.5 seconds, both from a generalis realism point of view, and because the Inserters can't stuff the required amount of Stone (20 units) into the Assembler Machine 2 that quickly anyway.

I think it should be increased to 3 or even 4 or 5 seconds.

Also, it'd be super cool if the recipe got changed, so that in addition to Stone, Water is also required, so that you have to build an Offshore Pump and connect it to the Assembler Machine to make the normal Landfill. It wouldn't change much, really, just make it feel even more realistic, and make it slightly more challenging to produce these, since you'd have to pipe Water in from somewhere. The amount of Water is irrelevant, since a single Offshore Pump can supply a huge amount.

Shalashalska
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shalashalska »

Rseding91 wrote:
Dariel92 wrote:RU: я имею в виду что бомба из вашего мода при взрыве напрягает компьютер, и я попросил какой либо альтернативный метод уничтожения земли чтобы появилась вода. В моде Silica есть лопата для выкапывания земли и создания озер, можете ли вы сделать что-нибудь подобное? Или хотя бы подсказать как это сделать самому?
Ah.. you could use the map editor. You should be able to load your save in their and add water where you like.
You can't edit an active save using the map editor. You can only edit the save before playing it. However, if you want the bomb to not create dirt around itself, you can go to "control.lua" in the mod files (should be in the folder or zip labeled "Landfill_#.#.#" and change the line that says "local displaceDirt = true" to "local displaceDirt = false"

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

If you fill a lake with the Landfill mod place and remove concrete crashes the game.

Return to “Mods”