[MOD 0.12.x] Landfill (2.1.7)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Landfill (2.1)

Post by Rseding91 »

Airat9000 wrote:old saves in 0.10.6 (old map continue game)
Should work fine.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Landfill (2.1.1)

Post by Rseding91 »

I updated the mod to 0.11 and it should be fully compatible with MP as well (assuming no MP bugs de-sync the game).

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Looks like something changed, graphics-wise. Placing a landfill will generate the building-placement dustcloud, but the water remains visible (You can walk over it though). Running away far enough for the water to disappear from view and then running back will show it as land correctly.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Boogieman14 wrote:Looks like something changed, graphics-wise. Placing a landfill will generate the building-placement dustcloud, but the water remains visible (You can walk over it though). Running away far enough for the water to disappear from view and then running back will show it as land correctly.

yeah, it looks to just be a visual bug of the tiles not rendering the change(s) immediately. I'll report it and see what happens.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Landfill (2.1.2)

Post by Boogieman14 »

Looks like as of 0.11.x, the depth charge is broken. It actually does blast a hole somewhere, but kicks up new land at the edge of the blast.
Before
After
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Dodging_Rain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dodging_Rain »

Try to comment out the throwdirt() function found in function executeTicks()
replace
As for the water filling graphics, it is easier to zoom in and back out to reset the graphics nearby. At least until there is a fix.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Dodging_Rain wrote:Try to comment out the throwdirt() function found in function executeTicks()
Ah yes, that does the trick, thanks :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Boogieman14 wrote:
Dodging_Rain wrote:Try to comment out the throwdirt() function found in function executeTicks()
Ah yes, that does the trick, thanks :)

Or, just change "local displaceDirt = true" to "local displaceDirt = false" at the top of control.lua :P

(PS: what you're describing is intended :) it's meant to keep someone from making a moat with the bomb but still allowing them to make water for pumps/recipes anywhere you like)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Boogieman14 wrote:(PS: what you're describing is intended :) it's meant to keep someone from making a moat with the bomb but still allowing them to make water for pumps/recipes anywhere you like)
Really? Then it must've been broken in 0.10.x :lol: In a previous game, I've used those bombs precisely for making a moat (or stretched channel)

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Can we get a shovel that will allow us to dig small areas of water, like the small landfill version of the pressure bomb? The bomb is expensive and...well...explosive.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

vedrit wrote:Can we get a shovel that will allow us to dig small areas of water, like the small landfill version of the pressure bomb? The bomb is expensive and...well...explosive.
That's the idea :P If you just want to make an island you can do that in the map editor.

vedrit
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vedrit »

Map editor takes all the surprise out of it, haha. On my current map, where my base is, there are a few, small spots that I want to make into water, mainly to connect two very close large bodies of water.
What I was thinking for the shovel, to make it balanced vs the bomb, was this: It behaves like a tool, in that performing the 'mining' action with it takes time. The shovel would take a long time to only dig up 1 tile.

pCountNullMem
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pCountNullMem »

Hey ladies and gentlemen, if you don't want your Shaped Compression Bombs to actually create two new paths for the biters when trying the funnel the buggers through a more secure location - Comment out line 69 in control.lua for a less... undesired effect. This will cause the bomb to not work the opposite way than one would perhaps expect... Good luck with your demolitions, migthy Landfillers.
- "It's called a Water Bomb!"

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

pCountNullMem wrote:Hey ladies and gentlemen, if you don't want your Shaped Compression Bombs to actually create two new paths for the biters when trying the funnel the buggers through a more secure location - Comment out line 69 in control.lua for a less... undesired effect. This will cause the bomb to not work the opposite way than one would perhaps expect... Good luck with your demolitions, migthy Landfillers.
- "It's called a Water Bomb!"
Rseding91 wrote:Or, just change "local displaceDirt = true" to "local displaceDirt = false" at the top of control.lua :P

(PS: what you're describing is intended :) it's meant to keep someone from making a moat with the bomb but still allowing them to make water for pumps/recipes anywhere you like)
Rseding91 wrote:If you just want to make an island you can do that in the map editor.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Nice mod its really Cool But so Pricy with Bob's mod and Dytech :/
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

berni1212 wrote:Nice mod its really Cool But so Pricy with Bob's mod and Dytech :/
I agree , the Price is INSANE with Bob's Mod and Dytech together
But , its fun anyway :D
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Aki-San
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aki-San »

Thank You! Very much! :)

I was stuck on an island without a big aliennest to "farm". :/ enough resources to get finished except alien artifacts... xD

AnodeCathode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AnodeCathode »

Thanks for the great mod. Wonder if you'd be willing to add support for an alternative recipe using the synthetic wood derived from oil in Bob's Mods?

I quickly put together a modified version for reference:
https://github.com/AnodeCathode/LandFil ... d3b0d46ae4

I'm hoping to get away from using Treefarm for my latest challenge and this would be key to having it all work.

shinyarceus4
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shinyarceus4 »

I love this mod; it's an absolute lifesaver when you're working on a peninsula base, or need to fill in water that's blocking a path in an ordinary base. The bombs are also hilarious, though they're quite expensive...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

AnodeCathode wrote:Thanks for the great mod. Wonder if you'd be willing to add support for an alternative recipe using the synthetic wood derived from oil in Bob's Mods?

I quickly put together a modified version for reference:
https://github.com/AnodeCathode/LandFil ... d3b0d46ae4

I'm hoping to get away from using Treefarm for my latest challenge and this would be key to having it all work.
I could add that. Is there any reason you couldn't just add it to your game? The recipe seems a little expensive but I haven't used bobs mods before.

Return to “Mods”