Topics and discussion about specific mods
_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.0.17

Post by _npo6ka_ »

fiery_salmon wrote:
_npo6ka_ wrote:
fiery_salmon wrote:But the main reason why I hid it in the admin tincture is unfair achievements, which the player can get for studying. For example, studying a train
Wait, FNEI is not allowing you to research technologies for free - only to show it, right?
My hook, opens all the previous selected technology and in the same tick close them back. This causes problems with achievements. This is a terrible way to implement, but it's better than nothing.

More info here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53538
Last edited by _npo6ka_ on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.0

Post by Djohaal »

While FNEI 0.0.17 was stable and pretty much bugfree the new version is very unstable causing crashes, I was forced to rollback. If error reports are of use I can provide.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.0

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Djohaal wrote:While FNEI 0.0.17 was stable and pretty much bugfree the new version is very unstable causing crashes, I was forced to rollback. If error reports are of use I can provide.
Thanks for your feedback.
If the game crashes, you can send a screenshot of this error or the text of the error. Please also describe in more detail what constitutes instability and malfunctions.

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.5

Post by Djohaal »

I think in between my post a new version has been released. Performance is back to normal, and the mod is working perfectly as intended. :D
I play with large modpacks so this mod is crucial for understanding long recipe chains, I can't imagine playing factorio without it anymore.

Avacado
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

FNEI 0.1.5 Option clarity

Post by Avacado »

I think these options could use a bit of clarity on which recipes are shown:
  • Use only available recipes
  • Show hidden recipes
  • Show disabled recipes
  • Show hidden items
Take, for example, a recipe that requires a technology that I haven't researched yet. Would such a recipe be considered "hidden", "disabled" and/or "available"? It isn't clear at all where that recipe might be. I figured it wouldn't be hidden or disabled and it would simply be "not available" but turns out the opposite is true: It shows up when I select "show disabled recipes", so I guess it is disabled, but it still shows up when I select "Use only available recipes" even though I'd assume it wouldn't be available. So then is a hidden recipe just a recipe that is not available? If so what does checking "Use only available recipes" and "show hidden recipes" both at the same time do? The terms aren't clear and the outcomes aren't clear.

I'm not really sure what these labels SHOULD be called, but they could use a lot of additional clarity. Maybe these labels are obvious for people that know the factorio internals? But for me they were very confusing and I was left guessing if the thing I wanted is called hidden, disabled, or just not available and hitting random combinations until the recipes I wanted showed up. Maybe there is no good one word descriptions for these and maybe they need a more full explanation somewhere, but that'd be helpful too.

AmatorPhasma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AmatorPhasma »

Hello,

Is there any external possibility to influence the search and the results of FNEI at the moment?

Why I ask?

As I understand it, FNEI finds items by the internal names, but some mods uses internal names that has nothing todo with any localised name, as an example a item from Yuoki Industries "N4-Material Chunk (Durotal)", the internal name is "y-res1", so userers can be a little confused if they search vor "N4", "Material" or "Durotal" and dont find anything.

Or is there any chance that you can expose a table that can be used as an translation index between the search keyword and internal names, that can be filled by other mods?

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

AmatorPhasma wrote:Hello,

Is there any external possibility to influence the search and the results of FNEI at the moment?

Why I ask?

As I understand it, FNEI finds items by the internal names, but some mods uses internal names that has nothing todo with any localised name, as an example a item from Yuoki Industries "N4-Material Chunk (Durotal)", the internal name is "y-res1", so userers can be a little confused if they search vor "N4", "Material" or "Durotal" and dont find anything.

Or is there any chance that you can expose a table that can be used as an translation index between the search keyword and internal names, that can be filled by other mods?
To solve this problem, you can use the localized search, which provides the factorio API and which is implemented in my mod.

Unfortunately, at the moment FNEI does not use any name tables.

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: FNEI 0.1.5 Option clarity

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Avacado wrote:I think these options could use a bit of clarity on which recipes are shown:
  • Use only available recipes
  • Show hidden recipes
  • Show disabled recipes
  • Show hidden items
Take, for example, a recipe that requires a technology that I haven't researched yet. Would such a recipe be considered "hidden", "disabled" and/or "available"? It isn't clear at all where that recipe might be. I figured it wouldn't be hidden or disabled and it would simply be "not available" but turns out the opposite is true: It shows up when I select "show disabled recipes", so I guess it is disabled, but it still shows up when I select "Use only available recipes" even though I'd assume it wouldn't be available. So then is a hidden recipe just a recipe that is not available? If so what does checking "Use only available recipes" and "show hidden recipes" both at the same time do? The terms aren't clear and the outcomes aren't clear.

I'm not really sure what these labels SHOULD be called, but they could use a lot of additional clarity. Maybe these labels are obvious for people that know the factorio internals? But for me they were very confusing and I was left guessing if the thing I wanted is called hidden, disabled, or just not available and hitting random combinations until the recipes I wanted showed up. Maybe there is no good one word descriptions for these and maybe they need a more full explanation somewhere, but that'd be helpful too.
For a detailed description of these functions, I should create a wiki for fashion. Unfortunately my level of English does not allow me to do this, so it would not be bad to get help from a person who knows the English language well. I can describe all the functions in bad English, but not everyone can understand me.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Is there any easy way to allow 0.1.x generation of mods to function in sandbox mode? 0.0.17 worked flawlessly there, but the newer version is unresponsive to clicks on recipe icons in sandbox mode. It works well in normal play, just very frustrating to lose the mod when swapping to sandbox.

ignaceu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ignaceu »

So I have a dedicated server with FNEI version 0.1.5 installed on the server and my PC that is running Factorio version 16.36. my friend and I are playing multi player version and we can not use FNEI when both of us are on. Is there a way to allow people to use the mod when on a multi-player server?

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

ignaceu wrote:So I have a dedicated server with FNEI version 0.1.5 installed on the server and my PC that is running Factorio version 16.36. my friend and I are playing multi player version and we can not use FNEI when both of us are on. Is there a way to allow people to use the mod when on a multi-player server?
Thanks for your report.
Please describe your problem in more detail. What does it mean "can not use FNEI when both of us are on"?

DenweyTharkt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.6

Post by DenweyTharkt »

Great mod, just want to point out some minor issues I've been having when using it.
1. When using the FNEI search tab, there are some mod items which do not get shown when typing their name on the search bar. Specifically, Angel's Refining's ores, such as Saphirite Ore, Rubyte Crystal, etc. Searching for 'ore' or 'crystal' makes them get shown correctly, though. Fixed by using Localized search.
2. When filtering the Creative Mode's Fluid Source recipe with the Crafting category option tab by disabling it, it resets itself back on when exiting the Crafting category tab, making it impossible to disable that recipe from getting shown in the menus.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Hi,

I was trying out one of my (unreleased) mods out, but couldn't find the recipe in the FNEI search.

Afther digging in I think you forgot to add in entity buildings with a fixed recipe. For example in vanilla is the rocket silo, which has a fixed recipe set that create rocket parts and that wasn't showing up on the FNEI either. Same happens to modding items, like compost creation in angels mod where the composter has a fixed recipe.

Kind regards,
lovely_santua
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Salty Wagyu
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Salty Wagyu »

Why doesn't Silicon ore show up in FNEI for Bobs Angels?

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

Salty Wagyu wrote:Why doesn't Silicon ore show up in FNEI for Bobs Angels?
Because the search is done by in-game names (item ID), they do not always match localized names. For example, silicone ore is called quartz ore, bobmonium and other ores is called angel ore...

_npo6ka_
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by _npo6ka_ »

lovely_santa wrote:Hi,

I was trying out one of my (unreleased) mods out, but couldn't find the recipe in the FNEI search.

Afther digging in I think you forgot to add in entity buildings with a fixed recipe. For example in vanilla is the rocket silo, which has a fixed recipe set that create rocket parts and that wasn't showing up on the FNEI either. Same happens to modding items, like compost creation in angels mod where the composter has a fixed recipe.

Kind regards,
lovely_santua
Yes, I realized this problem, I must try to fix it

felessan38@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.8

Post by felessan38@gmail.com »

I am running a multiplayer PVP Sea Block (freeplay) server with FNEI (0.1.8) and while it can be used, it appears to be causing a desync of players. Didn't know if this was known issue, as I've seen it mentioned here in previous posts and the changelog states that the issue was corrected for a particular instance.

It seems be tied to the search function, when clicking an ingredient to find out how to make it within a recipe. May also be a bit of a memory leak as a restart does correct it for a time, but only for a few hours depending on server activity.

Hope this helps, this is a great tool, especially when using mods you are unfamiliar with.

Thank you for your hard work and time.

neoc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.9

Post by neoc »

So we all have noticed that there are some issues with searching for certain items in FNEI: In SeaBlock (FNEI_0.1.8), searching for 'solid' doesn't find 'solid fuel' for example. I didn't look into the code of FNEI so far to understand the reason for this, but I checked the item name for 'solid fuel' (via player.cursor_stack.name), and it is 'solid-fuel'.

Why does FNEI not find it? It has 'solid' in the English locale and also in the item name. If FNEI searches over any of those fields, it should find it.

mentlerd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.9

Post by mentlerd »

First of all, awesome mod. Made my life a lot easier recently when I started bobs'n'angels. :D

I took the liberty and did some updates to the codebase, and opened two pull requests on github.

#1 Added an external interface to localised item name search

Localised item name search is a topic that everyone wants, but cannot really have due to how the internal Factorio API works. I have added an extension point where an other mod could modify name of an item used in a search. This extension point allows for mods to register a name override for a specific item in NEI, essentially enabling users to create locale specific mods for search.

I am also working on a Python script that scrapes all installed mods for translation strings (will release that later).

This is meeting the localised search problem mid-way, allowing users to bake a specific locales names into a mod, and install it on a per-server basis. Without the need to burn it into NEI.

#2 Added implicit recipes for mining/pumping

This is taken shamelessly from the issue tracker on github. I have added 'fake' recipes for anything that can be mined/pumped from entities on the map. A gif probably says more than words about both features:

I have tested this on in a two player multiplayer, not sure about performance/stability on bigger servers tough.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.15+] FNEI 0.1.10

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Why did you disable open tech? I liked that feature.

Return to “Mods”