[MOD 0.16 / 0.17] Loader Redux 1.4.9

Topics and discussion about specific mods
User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.2.6

Post by Optera » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:32 am

I recommend using MiniLoaders by therax instead of LoaderRedux.

A few weeks ago I ran some performance benchmarks of loader vs his hidden inserter implementation.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61381&p=371056#p371040

Results where quite surprising to me:
loader: 0.260 ms/tick
miniloader: 0.171 ms/tick

Factorio seems to be highly optimized for inserter/belt handling, making 2 hidden inserter outperform loader entities.
My conclusion is to let LoaderRedux slowly die and use Miniloader instead. I might make a mod changing Miniloader recipes to match LoaderRedux to make transition less painful.

Trblz
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.2.6

Post by Trblz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 am

i've been testing loader redux vs deadlock loaders w/o angels or bobs.

What I noticed is that Loader Redux all tears (yellow, red and blue) are available for production while red and blue are not yet researched.
loader assembly.png
Loaders can be built
loader assembly.png (387.16 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Here are tech tree for loader redux showing: yellow researched, red available, blue not available.
Also advanced electronics (red circuits) have not been researched:
loader research.png
loader research.png (38.39 KiB) Viewed 1028 times

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.2.6

Post by Optera » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:11 am

Trblz wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:06 am
i've been testing loader redux vs deadlock loaders w/o angels or bobs.

What I noticed is that Loader Redux all tears (yellow, red and blue) are available for production while red and blue are not yet researched.
That's expected and not a bug.
Loader Redux uses the hidden base item, entity and recipe names. Its very likely other loader mods use these same names.
As there are a few mods that build on LR I'm not going to change my entity names.

Therax and I made sure LR and Miniloader play nice together, other mod authors will have to do the same.

Death2545
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Death2545 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:27 am

Hello, I'm unable to get the loaders to push or pull from cargo wagons. I've used your mod in the past and had no trouble, maybe this is a bug? I have no other mods installed atm.

User avatar
kirazy
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by kirazy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 am

Death2545 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:27 am
Hello, I'm unable to get the loaders to push or pull from cargo wagons. I've used your mod in the past and had no trouble, maybe this is a bug? I have no other mods installed atm.
Check map settings under "Loader Redux" there's an option to configure whether they pull from wagons or not (default no).

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:37 pm

kirazy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 am
Death2545 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:27 am
Hello, I'm unable to get the loaders to push or pull from cargo wagons. I've used your mod in the past and had no trouble, maybe this is a bug? I have no other mods installed atm.
Check map settings under "Loader Redux" there's an option to configure whether they pull from wagons or not (default no).
Only use "all trains" if you absolutely want to use loaders with trains in manual mode. This will make loaders scan for available wagons in on_tick and uses a lot of cpu. 1 big station with 50 loaders will put a noticeable dent in your ups.

I recommend using loader redux with "auto-only" which connects loader and wagons through train status change events.

Death2545
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Death2545 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 pm

Optera wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:37 pm
kirazy wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 am
Death2545 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:27 am
Hello, I'm unable to get the loaders to push or pull from cargo wagons. I've used your mod in the past and had no trouble, maybe this is a bug? I have no other mods installed atm.
Check map settings under "Loader Redux" there's an option to configure whether they pull from wagons or not (default no).
Only use "all trains" if you absolutely want to use loaders with trains in manual mode. This will make loaders scan for available wagons in on_tick and uses a lot of cpu. 1 big station with 50 loaders will put a noticeable dent in your ups.

I recommend using loader redux with "auto-only" which connects loader and wagons through train status change events.
Okay, well "auto only" seems to be a bit buggy and sometimes doesn't load the trains, however so far running it on "all trains" doesn't seem to be a performance problem yet and the trains fully load everytime i've looked. The next issue however is no matter what I do they still won't input fuel into the trains. Any solution for that?

p.s Actually it seems the trains don't load if they don't have fuel or the destination is interrupted. While in "all trains" it'll load the trains regardless.

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:14 am

Death2545 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:32 pm
Okay, well "auto only" seems to be a bit buggy and sometimes doesn't load the trains, however so far running it on "all trains" doesn't seem to be a performance problem yet and the trains fully load everytime i've looked. The next issue however is no matter what I do they still won't input fuel into the trains. Any solution for that?

p.s Actually it seems the trains don't load if they don't have fuel or the destination is interrupted. While in "all trains" it'll load the trains regardless.
"auto only" only recognizes trains in automatic mode stopped at a station.

Loader Redux only works with cargo wagons. Use inserters to insert fuel into locomotives.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by aklesey1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Optera
Can add full support for all 5 types of belts for XANDER mod ? Pls
For now i have only
Standart loader - yellow
Fast loader - red
Express loader - blue

canicon2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by canicon2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi Optera,

can you do more Loader with higher speed to match Ultimate Belts?

that would be very great, if this is possible.

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:33 pm

I'm not going to support mods other than boblogistics.
Loader Redux works with any 3rd party loaders, so it's easy enough for belt mods or 3rd party mods to create loaders matching those belts and leave all logic to LR.

unkst4ck3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by unkst4ck3r » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:41 am

Have you considered making the loaders use electricity? I think it would make sense since they are basically glorified Inserters in some aspects

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 am

It makes more sense for loaders to be treated like a belt entity like splitters.
The loader prototype doesn't even support energy_source and energy_usage, those properties are simply ignored.

voidbreath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by voidbreath » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:38 am

Been having an issue the last couple days where the second person to connect to the server receives an error "notice
Cannot join. The following mod event handlers are not identical between you and the server. This indicates that the following mods are not multiplayer (save/load) safe. (See the log file for more detail):
Mod-LoaderRedux"
Attachments
log.txt
(108.63 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Version 1.3.1 is 3 months old and that's the first time i hear about desync.

Delete server and local versions of LR and download 1.3.1 again.

User avatar
kirazy
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by kirazy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:47 am

Image

I don't suppose you have an idea what's causing this? The loader is detecting belts placed on the back end and spawning graphics for it.

Actually, on playing around with it, it's definitely related to the snap logic.

Image

When I toggle off using LoaderRedux snap logic in my mod it behaves as expected, but when LoaderRedux snapping is enabled, it does this:

Image

New and exciting interactions!

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Loader Redux 1.3.1

Post by Optera » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm

It's a bit odd, but not worth fixing.
Having loaders with their backs towards anything other than chests or crafting machines makes no sense.

LordMZTE
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16 / 0.17] Loader Redux 1.4.0

Post by LordMZTE » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Image when i blueprint the contraption on the top and let my bots build it on the bottom the loader is turned the wrong way

User avatar
Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16 / 0.17] Loader Redux 1.4.0

Post by Optera » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:52 pm

LordMZTE wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 pm
Image
when i blueprint the contraption on the top and let my bots build it on the bottom the loader is turned the wrong way
I could rarely reproduce that in 0.17. Disabling the feature of snapping loaders away from anything that is not a belt is causing this.
Since I never liked this behavior in the first place so it'll be removed next version fixing this issue.

yuncheolkim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16 / 0.17] Loader Redux 1.4.3

Post by yuncheolkim » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:30 pm

I set setting 'auto-only' , and restart game, it go back to 'disabled'.

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users