Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by Nightinggale »

aklesey1 wrote:Bug
Electric offshore pump not working after 0.1.5 update
I can confirm this (though I haven't tested if this mod is the blame). The pump fails to work after loading a game. It appears to be fixable by removing the pipe right next to the pump and then placing it again. I could accept this as a migration to 0.1.5 issue, but it's a bit annoying if it happens every time I load a game.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I'll try to fix ASAP.

Edit: I can't recreate the problem. I'm going to keep testing but if anyone could confirm steps to reproduce, e.g. create new game with version 0.1.1, place pump, upgrade to 0.1.5 = broken. That would be useful.

Edit 2: I've tried updating from 0.1.4 to 0.1.5, from 0.1.1 to 0.1.5, and from vanilla to 0.1.5. In all cases the pumps stay connected to their pipes and functions as long as it has power. What other mods do you have installed?

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

My list of mods is fairly long and as such isn't the best to use for pinpointing mod conflicts. I play for fun rather than bughunting. Is it possible to backup the list of mods to restore after finding the conflict?

Looking at mods affecting pumps and pipes, I find that the conflict could be Bob's logistics, though it's just based on what affects the entities.

I tried removing the pump rather than the pipe and placing the pump again and it made it work. Unlike with the pipe replacement, this time if I save and load it works. This means from my point of view the problem is solved, but I don't like the fact that nobody has a clue to why.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Nightinggale wrote:My list of mods is fairly long and as such isn't the best to use for pinpointing mod conflicts. I play for fun rather than bughunting. Is it possible to backup the list of mods to restore after finding the conflict?

Looking at mods affecting pumps and pipes, I find that the conflict could be Bob's logistics, though it's just based on what affects the entities.

I tried removing the pump rather than the pipe and placing the pump again and it made it work. Unlike with the pipe replacement, this time if I save and load it works. This means from my point of view the problem is solved, but I don't like the fact that nobody has a clue to why.
It would be useful to know what version of Factorio you're running, because I think there was a change at some point in 0.15 regarding fluid box connections on reload.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Earendel wrote:It would be useful to know what version of Factorio you're running, because I think there was a change at some point in 0.15 regarding fluid box connections on reload.
0.15.18. However looking at the changelog I must have been using 0.15.13-0.15.16 when placing the pump, though I can't narrow it down further than that.

As I said, I haven't even been able to verify that this mod is to blame for the issue.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

re: omnimatter

I got in touch with the mod author.

He said that the error is on your mod's end, and that he made a custom version of your mod that checks for the pumpjack and if it exists it continues, and said it works fine after doing that.

Cheers
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The crash landing intro has been added.

toudi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toudi »

The mod does not play well with ScienceCostTweaker. It overrides the red science flasks, ScienceCostTweaker does it too.

QuirkyCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by QuirkyCat »

Just started a new game with angels/bobs/AAI and this mod removed everything from my inventory.
Can't make an axe, can't mine anything to make one.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "rf-electric-engine-unit" (recipe):Key "icon" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.rf-electric-engine-unit
Modifications: Reverse Factory
Reverse Factory fails to load with 0.1.8. It worked with 0.1.7.
v0.1.8: Changed motor and engine icons to increase distinctiveness.
I'm fairly sure this change is to blame because I updated mods twice today meaning I know the issue is in a mod, which has been updated within the last few hours and AAI Industries is the only one mentioning anything in the log, which is related. Having said that, I don't know if AAI has a bug or if it triggered an unknown bug in Reverse Factory.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

QuirkyCat wrote:Just started a new game with angels/bobs/AAI and this mod removed everything from my inventory.
Can't make an axe, can't mine anything to make one.
Look around.
Nightinggale wrote:
Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "rf-electric-engine-unit" (recipe):Key "icon" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.rf-electric-engine-unit
Modifications: Reverse Factory
Reverse Factory fails to load with 0.1.8. It worked with 0.1.7.
v0.1.8: Changed motor and engine icons to increase distinctiveness.
I'm fairly sure this change is to blame because I updated mods twice today meaning I know the issue is in a mod, which has been updated within the last few hours and AAI Industries is the only one mentioning anything in the log, which is related. Having said that, I don't know if AAI has a bug or if it triggered an unknown bug in Reverse Factory.
Items with multilayered icons have to put the icon in the 'icons' property, not 'icon' property.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hey Erendel,

i like how you managed to put all items from the inventory in the scrap of the ship.
You even considered mods like TinyStart or SkipFirstHour which adds more items at start.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

steinio wrote:Hey Erendel,

i like how you managed to put all items from the inventory in the scrap of the ship.
You even considered mods like TinyStart or SkipFirstHour which adds more items at start.

Greetings, steinio.
Thanks steinio, yeah that took a clever bit of thinking.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

A few issues regarding circuit boards.
  • Electronic Assembling machines (Bob's assembling machines) are able to produce circuits out of wood, but not stone
  • When handcrafting something, which triggers crafting circuit boards, only wood boards apply. It stops assembling due to lack of wood even if you have the ingredients to make the stone ones.
  • EDIT: crafting combinator also picks the wood version and can't handle stone
I kind of like the idea of needing an insulator, but with the current implementation it becomes more annoying than interesting. Particularly early on before you get circuit boards from the logistics network.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

The fuel sorter is neat. Specialized fuel using more than just one material is quite nice.

Three bugs with it though:

2. It also wants to eat Belt Sorters for some reason.

3. It becomes an electric furnace when picked up.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I'm working on the above bugs now, but the mod portal upload is broken so you probably won't get the new version for a while. If the portal is down for another 24 hours I'll post the update here.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Nightinggale wrote:A few issues regarding circuit boards.
  • When handcrafting something, which triggers crafting circuit boards, only wood boards apply. It stops assembling due to lack of wood even if you have the ingredients to make the stone ones.
  • EDIT: crafting combinator also picks the wood version and can't handle stone
I kind of like the idea of needing an insulator, but with the current implementation it becomes more annoying than interesting. Particularly early on before you get circuit boards from the logistics network.
So It doesn't looks like there's a way to force factorio to use either recipe based on what is available, whichever recipe is first always gets picked. So my options are:
  • Only allow 1 recipe. This would be the stone one as there's no way to automate wood in vanilla + AAI Industry... so basically the wood recipe would be deleted.
  • Make the stone recipe the default one, so the stone recipe would be automatic but you'd have to manually craft circuits using the wood version.
  • Make both the wood board AND the stone tablet be required in the recipe (as it is if you have bobs electronics installed). This would be my preferred option, except that again there's no way to automate wood in vanilla + AAI Industry. I guess you'd have to install another mod that provides an automated wood source.
  • Make both the wood board AND the stone tablet be required in the recipe and add a way to automate wood production in AAI Industry.
Any feedback and/or suggestions is welcome.
Light wrote: 2. It also wants to eat Belt Sorters for some reason.
Do Belt Sorters have a fuel value? If so that it's working as expected. Turning things into fuel is a good way of getting rid of things like old wooden chests and power poles.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Earendel wrote:
Light wrote: 2. It also wants to eat Belt Sorters for some reason.
Do Belt Sorters have a fuel value? If so that it's working as expected. Turning things into fuel is a good way of getting rid of things like old wooden chests and power poles.
I'm unsure what type of entity they're supposed to be based off. They require no fuel to operate as they're electricity based, yet for some reason it's asking for 10,000 of them in the recipe.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Regarding green circuit board recipe, I'm actually not too happy about making it this complex to make. It works well early on in a no or low electric setup, but it's different in late game when you have 3 tiers of circuit board. Suddenly you need a lot of green boards and then the added steps in the build process suddenly makes it a bottleneck.

I think part of the problem is adding the need for new types of resources. Stone is needed for burner miners, which is in the chain for blue science packs. Stone is also needed for railroad tracks, which you will need quite a lot of too. Add the need for stone to make circuit boards and you find yourself searching for stone because it's the "mineral" where it's the hardest to meet the demand. In my current game the railroad pass two coal fields one copper field and two iron fields just to get to the nearest stone because depleting stone is the biggest concern regarding mining. Adding bio industries mod to produce wood didn't really help either because the amount of greenhouses needed to meet the demand seems amazingly high, even when filled with speed modules. And by high amount of greenhouses, I mean like they take up more room than all the assemblers combined and they still don't meet the demand.

I think it would be best to use the vanilla recipe for green circuit boards. I like building and don't mind complex setups and recipe "paths", but the changed green circuit board recipe adds no fun after a few hours, but it does make the game more annoying and it's annoying to a level where I even consider not using AAI industries, which sucks because I do like the vast majority of it.

The other changed vanilla recipes seems fine as they do not cause similar bottlenecks.

Return to “Mods”