Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by Light »

slippycheeze wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 pm
WkdPanda wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Question on power output/efficiencies. The burner turbine is a first step for power. But It seems to output more then a steam boiler+2 steam engines?

Was looking at the play-through Xterm is doing, and he is only using the burner turbines instead of moving to steam.
Pollution output is much higher, which means more resources spent on biters, to balance that out?
It's actually less pollution now, though the old balance not only had high pollution but it was 50% fuel efficient which is what the tooltip formerly meant by inefficient.

That's no longer the case however, as it's now 95% fuel efficient which makes the burner turbine the superior choice for a smaller footprint (Also no pump or pipes needed) and just a sixth of the pollution at just 5% additional fuel usage.

It needs at minimum an 80% fuel efficiency to balance that out without totally discouraging its use. A lower pollution burner that eats a little more fuel is more appealing for small outposts and backup power systems (A burner accumulator), while the lower efficiency makes it unappealing as the primary source which naturally demands more turbines/fuel to satisfy higher power requirements.

That's how I'd balance it to maintain relevance late game without it being complete trash or overpowered anyhow. Although, that also sounds good for space exploration due to no water usage and being dirt cheap compared to panels, even with a reduced efficiency rate.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Light wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:27 am
slippycheeze wrote:
WkdPanda wrote:
Question on power output/efficiencies. The burner turbine is a first step for power. But It seems to output more then a steam boiler+2 steam engines?

Was looking at the play-through Xterm is doing, and he is only using the burner turbines instead of moving to steam.
Pollution output is much higher, which means more resources spent on biters, to balance that out?
It's actually less pollution now, though the old balance not only had high pollution but it was 50% fuel efficient which is what the tooltip formerly meant by inefficient.

That's no longer the case however, as it's now 95% fuel efficient which makes the burner turbine the superior choice for a smaller footprint (Also no pump or pipes needed) and just a sixth of the pollution at just 5% additional fuel usage.

It needs at minimum an 80% fuel efficiency to balance that out without totally discouraging its use. A lower pollution burner that eats a little more fuel is more appealing for small outposts and backup power systems (A burner accumulator), while the lower efficiency makes it unappealing as the primary source which naturally demands more turbines/fuel to satisfy higher power requirements.

That's how I'd balance it to maintain relevance late game without it being complete trash or overpowered anyhow. Although, that also sounds good for space exploration due to no water usage and being dirt cheap compared to panels, even with a reduced efficiency rate.
Welp. I did that math wrong, and I regret my non-burner-turbine life choices way back at the start of this map :) In light of my new understanding, I agree with you entirely.

PerryBot455
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PerryBot455 »

I keep getting an error message reading "Failed to load mod "AAI-Industries": mod aai industries dependency (?) angels refining not matching pattern *[?!] ModName [ModVersion Specifier]. Is there anyway to fix this?

MrFactorio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MrFactorio »

Hi Earendel,

I discovered a bug:

The spiked concrete walls are indestructable with the tank (and maybe other weapons). YOu can damage it but when it would only withstand one last hit, the wall does not get any more damage. This is very bad in multiplayer.
Maybe you can fix it?

Workflow to test it:
- Start game
- activate cheat
- spawn tank and cannon shells (explosive or normal)
- place some spiked conrete walls (not the normal concrete)
- try to destroy the wall

The rest of your work is superb btw!
Love your vehicles and that you can control them like in an RTS game!!!

Proph3t3ss
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Proph3t3ss »

Hello mates,

An issue i am encountering when using AAI Industry in conjuction with Pyrawores mod:
Factorio - Error.jpg
Factorio - Error.jpg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
Any sort of help would be greatly associated.

Best regards,
Dan

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Proph3t3ss wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:28 pm
Hello mates,

An issue i am encountering when using AAI Industry in conjuction with Pyrawores mod:

Factorio - Error.jpg

Any sort of help would be greatly associated.

Best regards,
Dan
you need pycoaltbaa to fix that and a few other issues. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Light wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:27 am
slippycheeze wrote:
WkdPanda wrote:

Yeah, same here, have Burner Turbine Generator and Mining Vehicles really been updated to post-0.17.12 pollution values ?? Or should they emit 60 times what they do now ?

This is quite important, as boilers and miners are what usually tends to pollute the most in bases !

(BTW, I'd prefer to see mods like these to change vanilla boiler efficiency back to its 50% value, like in 0.16 : can't improve on 100% efficiency, unless you want to go over 100%, which is non-physical, and can result in "free energy" infinite loops...)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

ryonez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ryonez »

How is the burner turbine generator meant to work? It looks like it just glitches out. It also has no input/outputs.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Just directly place a power pole in range and supply it with fuel !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Uranium processing should have electric mining as a prerequisite.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Burner turbine generator is either bugged or not showing the right tooltip information in 0.18.3: it generates steam, not electricity!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

alercah wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:02 pm
Burner turbine generator is either bugged or not showing the right tooltip information in 0.18.3: it generates steam, not electricity!
No, actually it generates steam and dumps that in a steam engine. You just can't see it.

My guess is the part that is visible is the part generating the steam and the electricity bit is hidden so you get the wrong tooltip.

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Ahh! That must be it!

Now that boilers are supported natively (thanks Bob!), there's no need for this complexity. Hope that can get pulled out!

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

Without any other mods, AAI Industry disables the Yellow belt with no way to research it.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

jamiechi1 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:53 am
Without any other mods, AAI Industry disables the Yellow belt with no way to research it.
Version 0.4.4 of AAI Industry has a Basic Logistics tech that teaches you the yellow belt.

As did 0.4.2. Are you running the most up to date version of the mod?

jamiechi1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by jamiechi1 »

Yes I was using the latest. version 0.4.4
In technology-update.lua, by commenting the following code (after line 27) I was able to get it to work.

Code: Select all

util.tech_lock_recipes("basic-logistics",  
   {
      "transport-belt"
   }
)
I looked at the rest of the code and couldn't find where it was re-enabled.
It seems the recipe should have been enabled when logistics was researched. But it wasn't.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

You are giving one a hard time reporting a bug... in mod-portal you don't want, ok I tried Discord - to post a bug there you want my phone number first??

Oh well, it is for Jetpack mod:
Attachments
screen1.png
screen1.png (40.04 KiB) Viewed 5396 times

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Still getting the error in 0.1.9. I let you my save here. Just load it and press J. Autosave happened while in air. Also worth noting, mod got added to an existing save.

Edit: version 0.1.11 fixed my problem. Thank you!
Last edited by fishycat on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

gauron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gauron »

Im not sure but i think i ran into a problem. Im early in the game and i need steam to progress so i built some burner turbine generators but theres no pipe connection to it and it doesnt seem to distribute in any way that steam.

Am i missing something here?

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Me again :)

There is a startup-warning for Jetpack mod.

41.596 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 64x64} from __jetpack__/graphics/icons/jetpack-1.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {64,0; 32x32} which is out of bounds of the source image.
41.596 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 64x64} from __jetpack__/graphics/icons/jetpack-2.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {64,0; 32x32} which is out of bounds of the source image.
41.596 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 64x64} from __jetpack__/graphics/icons/jetpack-3.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {64,0; 32x32} which is out of bounds of the source image.
41.597 Warning! Sprite at {0,0; 64x64} from __jetpack__/graphics/icons/jetpack-4.png is defined with 4 mipmap levels, but level 1 is expected to be at {64,0; 32x32} which is out of bounds of the source image.

After adding:

Code: Select all

jetpack_item.icon_mipmaps = 0
in /prototypes/phase1/jetpack.lua, warning is gone.

Return to “Mods”