[0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.3]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by n9103 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:09 pm

It's an option on the graphics settings in the system menu.
For some reason it seems to no longer be enable by default, and must be turned on manually at some point after installing Factorio. *shrug*


Oh, and the error message about the ID missing addresses player directly. Other than that, I saw no references.

E:derp
Last edited by n9103 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User avatar
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.3]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by berni1212 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Grimshad wrote:
n9103 wrote:Had a problem with the splitters dis-associating (I'm gonna call it that anyway), requiring the series to be pulled up and re-built. (Hadn't run into this specifically before, but not very surprised, as they were touchy to get going once or twice.)
Additionally, the inserter arrows always point East (not a big problem) and also block the ALT overlay, so it's hard to tell what a specific splitter is filtering (kind of big problem).
I suspect that setting a non-zero radius while keeping an essentially infinite turn speed would fix the new issues.
Not sure about fixing the lost ID problem though.
The splitters losing the ID's is just because the original authors code isn't fleshed out. They will be finicky and if you edit them in any way other than changing the filters you will most likely have to re-place them all. They are a place and leave alone type of item. (and i don't have the time or will to expand on it)

The inserter arrows... in my game it does not show any inserter arrows. Could you tell me how to reproduce this?
berni1212 wrote: Its working but i can't break it or Replace it idk why but we use Smartmodpack (Link in Sinature)
I am always getting an error:
Error while running the event handler __Smartspliters__\control.lua:284: Map doesn't contain 1 player this function can't be used
Can't reproduce unable to break/replace. Please explain how to reproduce.

error: This could be a problem with something else in that pack, because I cannot reproduce this error. This happens when something is called from player in MP, which smartsplitters don't do.

And if we start it with MP we get an Desync :( the thing is it works sometimes and sometimes that comes we don't know with mod is it
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.10.x]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by ThaPear » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:22 am

AlphaRaptor wrote:There is still a Bug.
If you place it you get a Permanent Chunk error until you break it.

:mrgreen:
This is probably due to the inserter entity pickup and dropoff being at {1000000,0} causing it to generate a chunk there. This combined with the new chunk distance check probably is the cause for those errors.
The pickup and dropoff positions are such to ensure the inserter will never actually pick something up (as that might result in things disappearing for the player).
Changing that to 500000 or something will probably remove the error.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.10.x]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by n9103 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:24 pm

ThaPear wrote: This is probably due to the inserter entity pickup and dropoff being at {1000000,0} causing it to generate a chunk there.
Would you mind point that out within the mod's code?
I never saw anything like that, and all the values/offsets seemed completely rational. :?
Would like to know what part I misunderstood, that's all. :oops:
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User avatar
L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.3]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by L0771 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:07 pm

that is on version 0.0.1, prototypes > entity > entities.lua > line 55
i don't know why that number.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.3]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by n9103 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Hmm. I would think that would've stuck out to me. Ah well.

But to clarify, it's no longer present in the .3 patch.
Also, the latest patch is courtesy of Grimshad, not myself.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by ThaPear » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm

I've decided to improve this mod.

Updated for version 0.11.6
- Improved the code in many locations, removing several bugs with set and splitter management.
- The splitters should no longer stop functioning.

I've fixed 7 bugs with the splitter and splitter set management. This should greatly improve the stability of the mod.
I've also made it compatible with 11.6.
It seemed to work when I quickly started a multiplayer game and built some splitters. No extensive multiplayer testing has been done though.

My apologies for the long silence, I tend to lose interest in games rather violently.

See the first post for the new download!

User avatar
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by berni1212 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:07 pm

ThaPear wrote:I've decided to improve this mod.

Updated for version 0.11.6
- Improved the code in many locations, removing several bugs with set and splitter management.
- The splitters should no longer stop functioning.

I've fixed 7 bugs with the splitter and splitter set management. This should greatly improve the stability of the mod.
I've also made it compatible with 11.6.
It seemed to work when I quickly started a multiplayer game and built some splitters. No extensive multiplayer testing has been done though.

My apologies for the long silence, I tend to lose interest in games rather violently.

See the first post for the new download!
Is it compatible for 11.5 too ?
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by ThaPear » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 pm

berni1212 wrote:
ThaPear wrote:I've decided to improve this mod.

Updated for version 0.11.6
- Improved the code in many locations, removing several bugs with set and splitter management.
- The splitters should no longer stop functioning.

I've fixed 7 bugs with the splitter and splitter set management. This should greatly improve the stability of the mod.
I've also made it compatible with 11.6.
It seemed to work when I quickly started a multiplayer game and built some splitters. No extensive multiplayer testing has been done though.

My apologies for the long silence, I tend to lose interest in games rather violently.

See the first post for the new download!
Is it compatible for 11.5 too ?
Probably, I believe the latest change for mods was 0.11.3.

User avatar
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by berni1212 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Gettingi n 11.6 an Chunk error: Trying to make chunk at unresonable position
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by ThaPear » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:58 pm

berni1212 wrote:Gettingi n 11.6 an Chunk error: Trying to make chunk at unresonable position
Did the error show up when loading an existing savegame?

I've uploaded a new version that should not give this error.
If it still does, could you provide more information?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 831
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.10.x]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by drs9999 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm

I haven't looked into the code, so my guess might be wrong, but it could still happen because of:
ThaPear wrote: This is probably due to the inserter entity pickup and dropoff being at {1000000,0} causing it to generate a chunk there. This combined with the new chunk distance check probably is the cause for those errors.
The pickup and dropoff positions are such to ensure the inserter will never actually pick something up (as that might result in things disappearing for the player).
Changing that to 500000 or something will probably remove the error.
Instead of making the numbers extremly high, why not making them extremly small?

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.10.x]Filtered Splitters - N-way splitting and fil

Post by ThaPear » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:44 pm

drs9999 wrote:I haven't looked into the code, so my guess might be wrong, but it could still happen because of:
ThaPear wrote: This is probably due to the inserter entity pickup and dropoff being at {1000000,0} causing it to generate a chunk there. This combined with the new chunk distance check probably is the cause for those errors.
The pickup and dropoff positions are such to ensure the inserter will never actually pick something up (as that might result in things disappearing for the player).
Changing that to 500000 or something will probably remove the error.
Instead of making the numbers extremly high, why not making them extremly small?
Because then the inserter arrows show up inside the splitter. They look (and are) out of place in my opinion. It's 200 now, to ensure they're out of screen, but not too far away to cause chunk errors.

User avatar
AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by AlphaRaptor » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Can you do the Fix for 0.11.5 too ?
I'm still playing the Older Version and i would like to have the Splitters Mod installed but i keep getting the Error when i place one.
Its saying that there is some kind of Chunk Error but idk how to fix it .


Thanks
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by n9103 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:10 pm

,,, aaand foelisted.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User avatar
ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by ThaPear » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:47 pm

n9103 wrote:,,, aaand foelisted.
I'm confused, do you mean me? Mind explaining why?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:09 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by n9103 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Not you at all Pear. You're one of my favorite people for making this mod, especially with the new update :D
Was referring to Alpha, for the pretty constant "requesting" others to make mods to fit his interests throughout the forum, instead of adapting to what's available, or doing the work themselves.
I'd just rather not read yet another request for a custom-made mod from him. :|
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

User avatar
AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:58 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by AlphaRaptor » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:30 am

n9103 wrote:Not you at all Pear. You're one of my favorite people for making this mod, especially with the new update :D
Was referring to Alpha, for the pretty constant "requesting" others to make mods to fit his interests throughout the forum, instead of adapting to what's available, or doing the work themselves.
I'd just rather not read yet another request for a custom-made mod from him. :|
I'm sorry that i gave a Report to an awesome modmaker.
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:37 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by Grimshad » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:34 am

Thanks for the update ThaPear. I made further changes that I never posted to enhance the polish. If you would like, feel free to add this to your current mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ukuc ... itters.rar

It simply ensures that the correct research is finished before it shows up and the build icon shows up in the right position.

User avatar
berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.11.6]Filtered Splitters - Huge stability boost!

Post by berni1212 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:19 am

n9103 wrote:Not you at all Pear. You're one of my favorite people for making this mod, especially with the new update :D
Was referring to Alpha, for the pretty constant "requesting" others to make mods to fit his interests throughout the forum, instead of adapting to what's available, or doing the work themselves.
I'd just rather not read yet another request for a custom-made mod from him. :|
Whats your Problem he Shows that he haves Ideas if noone would ever post something the Forum would be Empty and if he Requests something an Moder can make it or not thats his Choose Alpha can't do it on his own because 1st no Time Second he don't know how and 3rd he has Too much to do in Reallife :evil:
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cardoyle