[Mod 0.15] Omnimatter

Topics and discussion about specific mods
templar_thano
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15] Omnimatter

Post by templar_thano »

qwerter96 wrote:Hi Zelos. Angel's mods were updated today and I think refining updates broke omni-crystals. I'm not sure why but it seems that when omni-crystal tries to load something the data.raw.recipes table is empty?
yup, Having the same problem, game doesnt crash but it removes most of the recipes related to angel's. reverting Angel's Refining to 0.7.18 solves the problem

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

templar_thano wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:Hi Zelos. Angel's mods were updated today and I think refining updates broke omni-crystals. I'm not sure why but it seems that when omni-crystal tries to load something the data.raw.recipes table is empty?
yup, Having the same problem, game doesnt crash but it removes most of the recipes related to angel's. reverting Angel's Refining to 0.7.18 solves the problem
So as it turns out it looks like my bug was an omni bug (Zelos updated his mods and it fixed the crash. This looks like a different bug (though one I am also experiencing.)

templar_thano
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by templar_thano »

well the new Crystals patch fixed the missing recipes but now im missing different recipes, (the Youki's ore related recipes and Angel's Chrome and Manganese ore recipes (oddly enough these were the only ones I had before the patch))

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

templar_thano wrote:well the new Crystals patch fixed the missing recipes but now im missing different recipes, (the Youki's ore related recipes and Angel's Chrome and Manganese ore recipes (oddly enough these were the only ones I had before the patch))
I'm missing those too, but I think that it's intentional as there is a separate production chain for those ores (Seawater refinement)

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

Your recent update broke Angel's algae processing balance really badly. A lot of the recipes require as much or more omnite for omni algae than it would take if you just turned the omnite directly into the final product (and the algae processing method also requires more machines, more space, and more electricity). My advice: halve the material inputs of all the angel's algae processing recipes (i.e. instead of 100 mineralized water + 100 co2 -> 40 green algae becoming 40 omni algae + 100 mineralized water + 100 co2 -> 40 green algae make it 20 omni algae + 50 mineralized water + 50 co2 -> 40 green algae). That preserves the added complexity of the processes while bringing the costs more in line with the simpler, more direct processes.

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aubog007 »

You and reverse factory don't play well now after your updates.

If i disable reverse factory, it works fine.
But Reverse Factory didn't cause issues until you updated, so i don't know who is exactly at fault.

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

Aubog007 wrote:Image

You and reverse factory don't play well now after your updates.

If i disable reverse factory, it works fine.
But Reverse Factory didn't cause issues until you updated, so i don't know who is exactly at fault.
If you comment out the line about adding omni-algae to brown algae it works fine.

elkillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elkillo »

so you mean to tell me you made Tiberium? hell yes im DL'ing.

pezzawinkle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pezzawinkle »

small nit picking...

The lettering for manganese is Mn, not Mg (Magnesium) for the Tier 4 frame.

And while im here... i have Sloth unchecked and was wondering why you don't have the use of mineral catalyst (or mineral sludge for that matter) in the crystallisation of higher tier metals when playing with the angels+bob pack. This essentially removes the need for the catalyst. While i have not checked if the crystal method out-strips the "traditional" sorting yields, this seems a little too easy.
I understand there are other uses for crushed stone (bio-plastics)... just a thought.

ReDragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ReDragon »

I have some issue with omnimatter and Bio-Industries. When i start a game without Bio-Industries i'm able to craft stone out of crushed stone. When i save, activate Bio-Industries and reaload the save, the games says me that the recipe for stone is removed. I can't make any progress with bio-industries activated.
I asked this at the Bio-Industries Forum and become the answer that i shall ask here for help.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

I'm getting the following errors. I'm currently running 0.16.15.

I would have posted this on the mod portal, but it's acting weird and hopefully you get this.

error 01: https://snag.gy/HfviNM.jpg
error 02: https://snag.gy/10ECbd.jpg

modlist: https://snag.gy/xqu5Ww.jpg
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Hi.

I was recently made aware that you're deleting base prototypes in ez-override.lua.

Code: Select all

data.raw.resource["crude-oil"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["crude-oil"] = nil
data.raw.resource["iron"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["iron"] = nil
data.raw.resource["copper"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["copper"] = nil
data.raw.resource["coal"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["coal"] = nil
I kindly ask you to not delete the prototypes for base game types. For every mod that removes a base game prototype every other mod has to add additional existance checks. Do you want to mod in an environment where you have to check every single value for existance before trying to modify it? Base game types are expected to exist, and this promise should not be broken without need. To remove the ore from world generation it is sufficient to remove the autoplace like you're already doing.

Code: Select all

data.raw["autoplace-control"]["crude-oil"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["iron"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["copper"] = nil
data.raw["autoplace-control"]["coal"] = nil
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Mods”