[Mod 1.1] Power Armor MK3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17] Power Armor MK3

Post by Maddhawk »

Latest version of the beta broke this mod. I am getting the following with the 17.35 update:

Failed to load mods: __Power Armor MK3__/data.lua:1: __Power Armor MK3__/prototypes/item/power-armor-mk3.lua:1:attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value) stack traceback:
__Power Armor MK3__/prototypes/item/power-armor-mk3.lua:1: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
__Power Armor MK3__/data.lua:1:in main chunk
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
  • Power Armor MK3
Goes without saying that rolling back to 0.17.34 works fine with the mod.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

Dragony wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:13 am
Since no one has given feedback to the shielded singularity so far, I decided to give some.

Although it is really a cool idea and the logical successor to the fusion energy, I'm afraid it is just an unneccessary addition due to the simple lack of demand.

Why would you need it? It gives 3MW of power and costs a fortune. I think every sane player just goes for the MK4 armor and inserts 5 fusion plants. Honestly... what do I want to put into 20x20 tiles? While there is the term of overkill, we can with no doubt say this armor has a overinvincibility of factor 10 at least.

Fun fact: While the shielded singularity needs 5 fusion plants, it actually generates less energy than the sum of them. 3MW < 5*750kW

So what now?

If there was a demand, it would have been cool. But since the MK4 has such a vast amount of space, there just is no demand for it. If there were no MK4, not even MK3, then it would have been a goal to go for, since you usually can only fit one fusion plant into MK2 if you dont want to waste precious space. I don't have a solution for this problem.

Maybe: If no demand can be created, then make it be the ultimate thing to have. Give it 100MW and make it an 8x8 item.
Since I am already in this thread, I want to add my own 2 cents with regard to this feedback. I like the singularity. I'll agree it is expensive, but in a game with infinite resources, who cares? It is no time at all before you are mining patches of resources in the hundreds if not billions of ore. And that is BEFORE you count in all the bonus ore you get from mining productivity.

My own Power Armor MK4 layout is:
4x Shielded Singularity
8x Shield MK3
12x Battery MK3
4x Personal Roboport MK2
4x Exoskeleton
36x Personal Laser Defense

Before the Singularity was added I had run 4x less shields, 2x less exoskeletons, 6x less batteries and instead had used 12x fusion reactors.

Also, if you want to talk about overkill... you should see the Power Armor MK4 override to the one in this mod. Same armor just with +200 inventory slots and a 40x40 grid. There are also the armor mods by DiegoPro77. He adds 5 tiers of fusion reactor, which the best is a 2x3 and gives like 10MW each, 4 tiers of shields, 4 tiers of batteries, 2 tiers of exoskeletons, 4 tiers of roboports. It is nuts.

I'd say this mod currently strikes great balance between power cost. That is unless you use some kind of mod the pump steroids into the biters in return. :P

S7E
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by S7E »

Maddhawk wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm
Latest version of the beta broke this mod. I am getting the following with the 17.35 update:

Failed to load mods: __Power Armor MK3__/data.lua:1: __Power Armor MK3__/prototypes/item/power-armor-mk3.lua:1:attempt to index field 'player' (a nil value) stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
  • Power Armor MK3
You can fix that by yourself until the author has updated the mod. Just replace "player" with "character" and change "power-armor-2" to "power-armor-mk2". Then the game loads the mod without problems.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

S7E wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:23 pm
Maddhawk wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm

stack traceback:

Mods to be disabled:
  • Power Armor MK3
You can fix that by yourself until the author has updated the mod. Just replace "player" with "character" and change "power-armor-2" to "power-armor-mk2". Then the game loads the mod without problems.
I'm all butter fingers when it comes to anything code. Last time I tried to "fix" a mod, I broke 10 million more things and in the end could never figure out what the heck I was doing.

Edit: As I said when I posted the bug, I just rolled back to 17.34 and it works fine. Since 17.35 doesn't add anything I care for anyway, that is fine for now.

S7E
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by S7E »

Maddhawk wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:07 am
I'm all butter fingers when it comes to anything code. Last time I tried to "fix" a mod, I broke 10 million more things and in the end could never figure out what the heck I was doing.

Edit: As I said when I posted the bug, I just rolled back to 17.34 and it works fine. Since 17.35 doesn't add anything I care for anyway, that is fine for now.
You could make a copy of the mod and try to make the fixes. :D

But yeah, I get it. Just wanted to help in case you can't wait. =)

Tanoh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tanoh »

I made a pull request for it yesterday, but no reply yet...

https://github.com/emperorjimmy/Power-Armor-MK3/pull/17

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Tanoh wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 6:35 pm
I made a pull request for it yesterday, but no reply yet...

https://github.com/emperorjimmy/Power-Armor-MK3/pull/17
Thank you kindly sir, PR accepted, expect credits to be added.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Maddhawk wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:38 pm
I'd say this mod currently strikes great balance between power cost. That is unless you use some kind of mod the pump steroids into the biters in return. :P
Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier, I've been rather busy as of late. Thank you for the feedback! I don't get too much and I'm usually uncertain about the balance until I play extensively myself. I guess no feedback usually means no problems, but I appreciate it anyway.

In other news I have a friend attempting to make new sprite sheets for both armors, it'll probably take a while, and cost me a bit as it's a commission, but look forward to it sometime in future.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17] Power Armor MK4

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

Hi, the hover cursor Tooltip for the MK4 armour says
"
Power armor MK4 (WHITE)
Power Armor MK3 (YELLOW)
"

I suspect a copy/paste error from the MK3 armour which correctly says MK3/MK3
MK4_MK3.jpg
MK4_MK3.jpg (11.22 KiB) Viewed 6666 times
Otherwise a great mod so far!
Thanks!
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.17] Power Armor MK4

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Ranger_Aurelien wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:22 pm
Hi, the hover cursor Tooltip for the MK4 armour says
"
Power armor MK4 (WHITE)
Power Armor MK3 (YELLOW)
"

I suspect a copy/paste error from the MK3 armour which correctly says MK3/MK3

MK4_MK3.jpg

Otherwise a great mod so far!
Thanks!
The yellow text is just the name of the mod, you can see it on every item from any mod.

Ranger_Aurelien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien »

My apologies! I've been playing mostly vanilla and this may be the first mod I tried that actually had something to build...

Thanks for your patience.
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Ranger_Aurelien wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 pm
My apologies! I've been playing mostly vanilla and this may be the first mod I tried that actually had something to build...

Thanks for your patience.
No worries mate, have a good one.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Latest update adds light and heavy utility vests for added inventory space early on (with placeholder graphics until someone volunteers better ones, see here), and buffs both the Portable Nuclear Reactor and Energy Shield MK3 to make them worth using.

As always feedback and/or bug reports are welcome and encouraged.

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

I'd like to see the option to disable all additional equipment. I play with Induction Charging and Bigger Batteries mods, which means the extra battery and generators added by this mod get in the way.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

mkaito wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:22 pm
I'd like to see the option to disable all additional equipment. I play with Induction Charging and Bigger Batteries mods, which means the extra battery and generators added by this mod get in the way.
Done, should be uploaded shortly.

RoseQuartz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RoseQuartz »

when I disable the fusion battery in the settings, the power armor mk4 recipe still requires it, even though I am unable to craft any

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

RoseQuartz wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:58 pm
when I disable the fusion battery in the settings, the power armor mk4 recipe still requires it, even though I am unable to craft any
Hmmm, well that's a bit of an oversight, I'll have to see about disabling anything that requires already disabled items. Thanks for the report.

Changed the recipe for power armor mk4 to use 50 battery mk2 instead of 5 fusion batteries if fusion batteries are disabled but power armor is not.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.18] Power Armor MK3

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Updated to 0.18

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Version 0.2.15 is now out, if you're one of the 10 people who downloaded the update before I took it down and re-uploaded a quick fix, you may have to DL again to get the German Locale update.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Making a call out to those that use Industrial Revolution, I'm looking for suggestions on alternate recipes using IR components, so that I can list IR as an optional dependency and not have it bork the IR tech tree.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to “Mods”