[0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Topics and discussion about specific mods
PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Post by PantherX »

RaidSoft wrote:Hello!

I added shuttle train lite to an already existing .15 MP server, it started causing instant desyncs when the second player connected. Removed the mod and the problem went away.. Not sure exactly what the cause is unfortunately but the mod seems to have triggered it.
I've had the same issue too. Headless server desyncs when 2 players join. Tried on base 0.15.5 and 0.15.6. Removing the mod makes the problem go away, although you are left with a mod-gui button artifact.

Not sure if there's a command that can remove it??

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

/c for i, p in pairs(game.players) do if p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow and p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow and p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow.shuttle_lite_button then p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow.shuttle_lite_button.destroy() end end

PantherX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PantherX »

Perfect, thanks! Look forward to the updates so I can add the mod back in again. Happy to help test multiplayer issues if you need any help tracking down the desync problem. :)

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Thank you, yes I do, I'm just very busy until monday.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Shuttle-Train-Desync-Solution

Please add a note to Shuttle-Train that if you use it in combination with a mod that adds grids to vehicles it will cause a instant desync on MP join if "folk-shuttle-add-grids" is set to true in the mod-settings.

I used VehicleGrid_0.1.1.zip + folk-shuttle_0.1.9.zip to verify this issue.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/folk-shuttle
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/VehicleGrid

This bug happens only in 0.15.6 or later for me. (+ sometimes in earlier versions if the install order of the plugins is different?!)

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

So I tried to fix the desync issue last night, but a bug in 0.15.9 is preventing me from testing multiplayer properly.
Rseding does not have access to a linux machine, so he is unable to reproduce the problem, but he believes it has been fixed for 0.15.10.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46830&p=269748#p269748

I believe I have fixed the desync issue, but until I can test multiplayer, I can't know for sure.
Hopefully 0.15.10 will be out soon, then I can test and release a fixed version.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Even though I can't test it because of a bug in 0.15.9, I've decided to release an updated shuttle mod.
Please let me know how it works!

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

I tested your latest version and there are no more desyncs.

Thanks for fixing this.

theSpeare
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by theSpeare »

Hi,

I installed this mod earlier today to test it out, but later decided I didn't need it. After uninstalling, the stations GUI button still remains at the top left, but blank. See image: Image. Is there any way I can remove this?

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

folk wrote:/c for i, p in pairs(game.players) do if p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow and p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow and p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow.shuttle_lite_button then p.gui.left.mod_gui_flow.mod_gui_button_flow.shuttle_lite_button.destroy() end end

dtupper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dtupper »

Feature request for shuttle trains: Configure a station/stations (with the same name) for trains to return to once the player has left the train.

I imagine it would go something like this:
- Call train to station
- Get into shuttle
- Choose destination
- Ride to destination
- Get out of shuttle
- If the option is set in the mod settings, return to the station matching the regex/name/etc configured

Maybe have the train remain on automated mode once it has arrived, and set a 30 second timer? I'm not sure if you can detect the player leaving the train. If you can, then maybe wait 3 seconds, and then leave for the home station?

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

dtupper wrote:Feature request for shuttle trains: Configure a station/stations (with the same name) for trains to return to once the player has left the train.

I imagine it would go something like this:
- Call train to station
- Get into shuttle
- Choose destination
- Ride to destination
- Get out of shuttle
- If the option is set in the mod settings, return to the station matching the regex/name/etc configured

Maybe have the train remain on automated mode once it has arrived, and set a 30 second timer? I'm not sure if you can detect the player leaving the train. If you can, then maybe wait 3 seconds, and then leave for the home station?
I would like to propose a slightly different approach.
After leaving the train you can press a button/key that send the train back home.after a certain amount of time passes or the distance to the train is too far the button will hide. Alternatively this button could be permanently added to the station list selection. But i guess then i could just name the homestation in a way that it will be shown akways on top.

Because i usually use the shuttle to transport some materials for me, so it should not drive away on its own.

---------------------------------------

Also i have a feature request myself.
If a shuttle trains name matches '#Playername' then this shuttle will be that players exclusive shuttle. If he calls a shuttle only that will come regardless whether someone else uses it or not. It wont respond to other players remote calls (if it startsWith '#').

There are plenty plugins that add train renaming features so there is no need to add it yourself or maybe add it as optional similar to the vehicle grid.

Maybe there could be a feature for per train homes. The train will drive to the station that matches 'Trainnname-Home' and only if that station does not exist it will drive to the general one.

-----------------------------------

Do you use github? Or shall i post translations here? (I havent checked whether you have German translations or not yet)

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote: Because i usually use the shuttle to transport some materials for me, so it should not drive away on its own.
What if I add a single per-player runtime option; "Home station", that is a text field, and if it has a value set to something that matches a station, per-player, shuttle-enabled trains the player uses will attempt to travel to this station after all these conditions are met:
- No passengers in train
- 5 seconds of inactivity at station
bNarFProfCrazy wrote: If a shuttle trains name matches '#Playername' then this shuttle will be that players exclusive shuttle. If he calls a shuttle only that will come regardless whether someone else uses it or not. It wont respond to other players remote calls (if it startsWith '#').
I can certainly do that.
bNarFProfCrazy wrote: Do you use github? Or shall i post translations here? (I havent checked whether you have German translations or not yet)
No, I try to keep my online presence to a minimum. hastebin.com is good, and I do not have any translations.

dtupper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dtupper »

folk wrote:
bNarFProfCrazy wrote: Because i usually use the shuttle to transport some materials for me, so it should not drive away on its own.
What if I add a single per-player runtime option; "Home station", that is a text field, and if it has a value set to something that matches a station, per-player, shuttle-enabled trains the player uses will attempt to travel to this station after all these conditions are met:
- No passengers in train
This seems like a decent workaround. You would just have to make sure to pull your materials out before you get out.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

folk wrote:
- No passengers in train
The way I set up my base i usually have the pax train depot right at my main base.
A go home button or keybind would be very useful to return home after fixing something at an outpost.

Sending the train home just after I get out to fix something however is something I defiantly don't want it to do as my shuttle is my mobile toolbox.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Alright, I can't see any way of accomplishing this without adding two new options then; "Home station" text box and "Automatically go home" checkbox (no passenger + 5s inactivity), and a keybinding to "go home", with or without passenger.

In other news, I uploaded a new mod; Stop That, Silly Robot!
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/folk-stopthat

dtupper
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dtupper »

folk wrote:Alright, I can't see any way of accomplishing this without adding two new options then; "Home station" text box and "Automatically go home" checkbox (no passenger + 5s inactivity), and a keybinding to "go home", with or without passenger.
That sounds good. I believe this would fulfill all the needs laid out so far.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Here are the German translations for the shuttletrain.

https://pastebin.com/jhrMctiG
Please remember to use UTF-8.

If you need updates just post a message (with the added pairs) here and I will hopefully see it in time.

--------------------------

The "/reset shuttle" command does not seem to fix the missing icon in the call shuttle train button in the top left corner of the screen.
(The button is there but it is displayed without icon/image)
The icon went missing during an update of the mod or game.

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Thank you

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

I got out of my 'taxi' train while it was still moving:

Error while running event folk-justgo::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
Given entity doesn't exist anymore.
stack traceback:
__folk-justgo__/control.lua:70: in function <__folk-justgo__/control.lua:63>

I've actually seen this when getting out of trains on several occasions. I can't repro 100% but it happens rather often.

Just Go v0.2.1
Factorio v0.15.11
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Mods”