Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Folk Shuttle unofficial patch for Factorio 0.16:
folk-shuttle_0.1.13.zip
Unofficial Patch for Factorio 0.16
(48.36 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Thanks to folk for providing the mod.

License of Folk Shuttle Lite is MIT (IIRC).
All credits belong to the respective authors.

Please report any bugs with that version here.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Folk Shuttle unofficial patch for Factorio 0.16:
folk-shuttle_0.1.13.zip

Awesome, thank you for this! Tried updating it myself for personal use, but as I've never done anything with the GUI for this game before, when I ran into the error "LuaStyle doesn't contain key resize_to_row_height", I wasn't sure how to fix it. Didn't realize they could just be simply commented out without issue. :P
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Nice to hear that it was useful. I never worked with these guis myself either. I just searched for other mods on the portal with a gui and used their comments/delta as reference for these changes. After that i added a player join hook because in the migrated games the gui was missing for some reason.

First i only thought about personal use as well, but after I spend quite some time for it i and because its xmas i published it for everybody to use. Currently i'm indecisive whether to upload it to the mod portal for bigger audience or not.

I also thought about migrating 'stop that silly robot'. But i might use a hotkey based approach instead.
If you have other mods i should try to migrate write me a PM.
FuryoftheStars wrote:
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Folk Shuttle unofficial patch for Factorio 0.16:
folk-shuttle_0.1.13.zip

Awesome, thank you for this! Tried updating it myself for personal use, but as I've never done anything with the GUI for this game before, when I ran into the error "LuaStyle doesn't contain key resize_to_row_height", I wasn't sure how to fix it. Didn't realize they could just be simply commented out without issue. :P

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Thanks for the offer. I've been working on The Fat Controller and I think I have it most of the way there, now, thanks to some info I found on the "fix" version of Creative Mode (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Chrisgbk ... sion/21991). It loads and appears to work except for the filter (throws an error "key 'column_count' not found in property tree at ROOT") and the button for controlling a train doesn't work (my understanding is that the API call it used to use was removed or some such).

I'll probably dig around a little more regarding the column_count, but for personal use it's good enough at the moment, assuming the author comes back to update it at a later time.

UPDATE: Ah, nevermind, found the solution to the column_count error (viewtopic.php?p=325411#p325411). I think the error was a little misleading in how it was worded, but thankfully it included the line number in the code. Had to replace "colspan" with "column_count" in the code. Filter now appears to work without issue!
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Zombo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zombo »

I really miss Automated Fuel & Ammo in 0.16. Is there any update planned? Thank you for your work!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Zombo, if I recall correctly, all you need to do is open the zip file for the mod (located at %appdata%\Factorio\mods\folk-fill_0.2.1.zip), open the info.json file located within using Notepad or Notepad++ or similar, then update the line for "factorio_version" from "0.15" to "0.16" and it should work with no other corrections. I did this for myself and it seems to work fine for 0.16.

Zombo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zombo »

Thank you, I tried that and it worked!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Great! Also, provided you leave the mod name/version numbering alone, if folk comes back and updates it, using the "Check for Updates" within the game will still properly detect folk's updated version and replace your corrected one with it.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

can anybody give me the Hidden names pattern for Shuttle Train for all Stations which not ends with PAX, please?

My station names end with in, out and PAX and in the Shuttle list i only want to see the PAX stations.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

folk wrote: Image
Deactivates personal roboports while you are travelling in a vehicle, at speeds above the configured threshold.
Should be simple enough to understand, if you ignore the options! Srsly, there are too many mods that add random robot type upgrades! So all numbers in the mod are based on the vanilla robot speed; 0.06 * upgrade percent.
can't see image?

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

I cannot make the "only PAX" filter running for some reason, but you could still use "_in,_out"

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:I cannot make the "only PAX" filter running for some reason, but you could still use "_in,_out"
lol, yes thanks - greetings from Capt. Obvious.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

nbrpg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nbrpg »

steinio wrote:Hi,

can anybody give me the Hidden names pattern for Shuttle Train for all Stations which not ends with PAX, please?

My station names end with in, out and PAX and in the Shuttle list i only want to see the PAX stations.
I'm no programmer and definitely did it in an improper way, but I tweaked the code in one spot to enable this type of behavior and it seems to work just fine. I wanted my shuttle list to only show certain stops instead of hide them.

In the mod's control.lua Line 120 I changed

if not hide then table.insert(global.tempResults[index], station) end
to
if hide then table.insert(global.tempResults[index], station) end

Now the Hidden Names function switches to show stations instead of hide them. When I hop into a shuttle, the list defaults to only show things that I enter in the Hidden Names box in the mod settings menu. You can manually type a station to show other stations if you want. It's a messy/stupid way to do it, I'm sure, but it works for me.

In your case, you can type PAX into the Hidden Names box after making this change.

I love this mod!

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Hi since a few weeks I experience issues with folk shuttle.
I don't remember the version of factorio this in which this occurred first.

Folk shuttle no longer works while I'm inside the train.
Error: No suitable train found please walk.
I have to leave the train then start the shuttle and then enter it again to reach my destination.
Any idea on how to fix that?

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

On the latest Factorio 0.16.35 with folk's shuttle 0.2.0 the shuttle menu pops up briefly and immediately disappears every time it is opened. You never have time to select a train. Any suggestions?

KunibertSegensreich
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by KunibertSegensreich »

For logistic wagons:

In controls.lua at line 412 .setbar(0) should be changed to setbar()

Sidenote: Why such a difficult concept for train transport? Same for all the other "automatic transport systems".

My idea is to build it like the robot network. Take the placement concept of logistic wagons, but change its behavior: Place blue chests (Requester chest) and the wagon will learn the number needed when it passes. If it passes a station with a red chest (Passive provider chest ) (or better, pink chest?) it will load the number of items.

so it would work like robots and be easy to use.

Note: /me noob.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can you make the do-to-go feature in shuttle train remapable?
And Shuttle train does not switch to manual anymore after reaching the destination.

xmnovotny
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xmnovotny »

On the latest Factorio 0.16.35 with folk's shuttle 0.2.0 the shuttle menu pops up briefly and immediately disappears every time it is opened. You never have time to select a train. Any suggestions?
I have the same problem.
Earlier some times shuttle menu works normally, and sometimes not, but now it disappears always.

c_death
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by c_death »

Hi great mod. I have a few issues. One major problem is typing a period ( . ) without anything before it crashes the game. I didn't understand at first that you were supposed to type something before the period. Another, is if you have more than one rail network that are not connected to each other, it tries to pull shuttles from disconnected networks if they are physically closer to your location. Doing a coop base with multiple people and we have a separate train line that supplies the perimeter with ammo and repair stuff. It is huge and I didn't want the normal trains trying to use the perimeter track. But we have shuttles on both sets of track and it tries to pull perimeter shuttles for the main rail network. Expected behavior would be to check for train path and send the first one that can actually get to the station. Very useful mod for getting around a huge base.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

I know this is late...
steinio wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 pm
It's difficult because Lua doesn't use a standard regular expression engine. You can't match against entire strings. Just character sets. What is easy is any station that does not end in X:
.*[^X]$

This works in practice because basically nothing else will end with 'X'

But a white list would be much more convenient. Then you could also have several naming conventions for different shuttle networks. For example I want to use PAX for outposts and such, but not for my main bus shuttle.
The small code edit above works nicely

Very nice mod otherwise :)

Return to “Mods”