[0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Topics and discussion about specific mods
folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15] Folks Factorio Fabrications

Post by folk »

MasterBuilder wrote:I got out of my 'taxi' train while it was still moving:
I've actually seen this when getting out of trains on several occasions. I can't repro 100% but it happens rather often.
Thank you, I uploaded 0.2.2 now that should hopefully fix it. I have tried to reproduce it but it never happens to me.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

folk wrote:Thank you, I uploaded 0.2.2 now that should hopefully fix it. I have tried to reproduce it but it never happens to me.
Yup, that fixed it. No issues at all in the last few hours. :D
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Redoneter
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Redoneter »

While I greatly appreciate your Aquarium mod, it does have an issue with Factorio 0.15 as inserters of any kind aren't picking up fish, even with stack inserters boosted to 5+ via research, and I was wondering roughly when you might be attempting to fix said issue as people have posted about this on the mod website twice, and haveing to pick up fish repeatedly by hand even with a steel pickaxe when your LHI's (red inserters) don't do it for you is not ideal. If the issue is not via your mod and instead because of Factorio 0.15, then I hope whatever the issue is gets found, posted, and fixed.

Can hardly wait for a stable version of 0.15 so I can one click download several mods for modded servers.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Shuttle train as a small issue that is a little annoying and its probably an oversight.

If you search for a station and press the . key for the train to start moving, the text box is cleared and resets the filtered buttons, awesome.
But, if you press the button of the correct station, the text box is cleared but the filtered buttons dont reset. Kinda annoying :p

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Feature Request maybe for a new mod:

A radar module for trains.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:Feature Request maybe for a new mod:

A radar module for trains.
Sounds like Radar Tracker to me. I recommend ssilk's version: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/ssilk/RadarTracker

Zombo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zombo »

I've a question concerning automated fuel and ammo.

Due to the changes with boilers in 0.15 I decided to rebuild my whole steam setup just the other day.
A few days earlier, I installed "just go" and "automated fuel and ammo" to have my tank available in the quick bar, which works just nice!

When I started to lay down some boilers, I noticed that they were working right from the start. When I looked into the boiler inventory I noticed that the mod put the rocket fuel I had with me for my tank. That's not what I wanted ;) The Rocket Fuel was for the tank. Coal was for the boiler.

Is there a blacklist, so that the mode won't work for certain entity s?

folk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by folk »

Zombo wrote:Is there a blacklist, so that the mode won't work for certain entity s?
Yes, you can unzip the mod and edit control.lua in an UTF8-enabled editor.
There is a list there, like this:

Code: Select all

local CONFIG_ENABLE = {
	-- Categories
	["ammo-turret"] = true,
	car = true,
	locomotive = true,

-- Specific items
	["burner-inserter"] = true,
	["stone-furnace"] = true,
	["steel-furnace"] = true,
	["burner-mining-drill"] = true,
	boiler = true,
}
Change

boiler = true
to

boiler = false
nagapito wrote:If you search for a station and press the . key for the train to start moving, the text box is cleared and resets the filtered buttons, awesome.
But, if you press the button of the correct station, the text box is cleared but the filtered buttons dont reset. Kinda annoying :p
Yes, thank you, I will take a look at it soon.
Redoneter wrote:While I greatly appreciate your Aquarium mod, it does have an issue with Factorio 0.15 as inserters of any kind aren't picking up fish, even with stack inserters boosted to 5+ via research, and I was wondering roughly when you might be attempting to fix said issue as people have posted about this on the mod website twice, and haveing to pick up fish repeatedly by hand even with a steel pickaxe when your LHI's (red inserters) don't do it for you is not ideal. If the issue is not via your mod and instead because of Factorio 0.15, then I hope whatever the issue is gets found, posted, and fixed.

Can hardly wait for a stable version of 0.15 so I can one click download several mods for modded servers.
I presume you're trying to be funny, because the post certainly made me chuckle :-P Thank you.

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tamanous »

Auto-Blueprintify Text does not show the symbol on 0.15.18 (think since .15.12 or so). I have tried disabling all other mods, still no effect. Haven't found mod settings in Menu - Options - Mods.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is there just an update missing, the mod discontinued or something else?

Thanks in advance.

adeade45
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by adeade45 »

Regarding Shuttle Train Lite:

Could we get a toggle to switch the Hidden Names option from blacklist to whitelist? I have so many stop names already and have all of my Shuttle-specific stops prefixed with "Shuttle" (IE "Shuttle - Main" "Shuttle - Iron Smeltery" and when I hop into the shuttle train, 90% of the time it's to go to one of those stops.

I know I can just turn off the clear text option, but then that 10% happens and I have to manually remove the text and type in the stop I want to go to, then re-enter the filter to show only the shuttle stops. Being able to say "When the text bar is empty, only show me stops starting with 'Shuttle'" would be a godsend.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Regarding Shuttle Light:
Please add a toggle to stay on automatic mode after reaching a station so stops read train id and inventory.

Another nice addition would be an array in a config file or string field where certain stop names can be assigned specific item count conditions.

stop_conditions = {
  { ["FARL Depot"], 
    {
      {"rail", ">", 2000},
      {"big-electric-pole", ">", 500},
    }
 }
}
Resulting Schedule should be FARL Depot - Conditions: item count rail > 2000 AND item count big-electric-pole > 500.
That way an LTN station would properly load the set list into the FARL while unloading all excess.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dgw »

Optera wrote:Regarding Shuttle Light:
Please add a toggle to stay on automatic mode after reaching a station so stops read train id and inventory.
I can't second this hard enough. Since the mod (at least, I think it's STL) provides a keybind to toggle manual mode anyway, it would be trivial to just use that after arriving at a shuttle stop if I want to drive the train. Staying in automatic mode by default would let me construct a self-balancing shuttle network (multiple shuttle yards with stops all named the same, closest yard will send a shuttle for minimum wait time, etc.).

Much more complicated would be my pie-in-the-sky wishlist feature: Shuttle trains return to a specific station name when conditions are met (examples: empty of passengers for more than x seconds; or, low on fuel and all passengers have debarked). That functionality might be possible if Shuttle Train didn't overwrite the schedule completely when taking control of a train.

I've also thought about setting up an automated shuttle loop on one of the multiplayer games I play that has this mod—think Disney World monorail or university campus loop shuttle buses. I don't think it's possible to do without using multiple trains, though, because if the looping train has a shuttle module and it's the closest shuttle-enabled train when someone calls for one, its schedule will be deleted. (I could be wrong and just not have played with this enough, too…)

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Can you add "Just Go! and Auto Fill Ammo&Fuel "support for Helicopter mod ?

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kumpu/Helicopters

koopa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by koopa »

I didn't read everything but I have the feeling i'm not the only one wanting a sort of "waiting station" for the shuttle.

I've modify the code a little bit to add an option for a waiting station. Basically if you enter something in the new field in the option, the train will go to this station as soon as you exit. The idea is to have as many waiting station as you have shuttle train, and name all theses stations the same name. The game "should" choose an empty station for the train. Obviously if you're close to a waiting station and call a shuttle, it will tell you a shuttle is already there if there's one parked at any waiting station. Those are "waiting" station, not "real" station you intended to use (you can still get in the shuttle at this station, but calling a train doesn't work)
It seems to work fine but I haven't tested it a lot.

For some reason I ran into of few nul exception (before changing anything) so I kinda fix them

Folk, if you want to look into it just tell me. It's the first time I deal with lua and i'm no programmer.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

I've asked some things at the mod portal for Aquarium if you can please answer them there...
Regards,
~B

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I found a quite annoying little glitch with shuttle train.
Clear filters does not revert to page 1. It correctly updates the station list, but sticks at the page it had been before.
This made me search for my topmost stops a few times and eventually disable this feature.

Any change to the station list should make it jump back to page 1.

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Decals

Post by abordoli »

I like it, but...

Bordo - 2 months agoEdit

I like what this mod offers as far as its potential to add some really cool graphics onto the ground giving, for example, the impression of a pit, crevice, floor-computer-screen-display, etc.

If you are still seeking assistance with some graphical elements of the mod...let me know and we can get together on esper.net/#factorio and chat about it.
Regards,
~Bordo

EDIT: I noticed just now that there are instructions to add ones own decals. Good deal! I noticed that you were asking for community contributions. Have you yet to gather any? If not, I'd like to work together on a "faux flooring" series with you. Say, given an 8x8 tile room with walls and a door, might this be accomplished with a set of 4 perfectly joined tiles for a "scene". Although, maybe working on 2x2 rooms at first would be an easier start. Graphics to use (crop/shrink) are everywhere. I think it's just "ideas" and "reasons for" that is the obstacle, no?

Ideas: (better if decals are rotatable)
-Bottomless Pit
-Character Quarters
-Mess Hall
-Equipment Closets
-Greasy Entity Pads
-Environmental Features (Meteor Pits, etc.)
-The mind reels....

abordoli
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by abordoli »

Mid-game install/toggle, how do you obtain the decal book?
Thanks,
~B

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

folk wrote:Added a new mod now: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/folk/fol ... equipment/
It's very strange.

Shenpen wrote:
folk wrote:That's a good question, I will investigate perhaps later tonight or tomorrow :-)
I know that I would have a lot of use for such a thing.
I have not forgot about the Text Plates thing.
I would never assume that.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Could you please update your mods (especially folk shuttle) for 0.16?

EDIT: See viewtopic.php?f=94&t=45554&p=327467#p327467 for unoffical patch.
Last edited by bNarFProfCrazy on Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”