• increased size of the alarm icons
  • potential fix for an error when leaving a train
  • removed support for Railtanker

marceljoint
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.5

Post by marceljoint »

after your newest update i'm still getting this error message.
this is when i load a save game. so i can't play with fat controller on right now, which is really sad.

Error while running the on_configuration_changed: LuaTrain doesn't contain key fluid_wagons.
stack traceback:
__TheFatController__/control.lua:335: in function 'getHighestInventoryStack'
__TheFatController__/control.lua:362: in function 'getHighestInventoryCount'
__TheFatController__/TrainList.lua:164: in function 'createTrainInfo'
__TheFatController__/TrainList.lua:49: in function 'add_train'
__TheFatController__/control.lua:994: in function 'findTrains'
__TheFatController__/control.lua:270: in function <__TheFatController__/control.lua:149>

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Me too I posted with smart trains my friend said he did something there but I guess it's all TFC.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Is it a 0.14 save or was it already loaded in 0.15? Is FAT alreay in the save (which version) or first time trying to add Fat controller?
Loading the save without Fat enabled, saving and reloading with Fat enabled should load the save.

The strange thing is that LuaTrain has the key fluid_wagons. If it isn't too big feel free to upload it and share/pm me the link. I tried it with various saves (down to version 0.12.33) and didn't get an error.

Kane: Yours was a different error, which should be fixed in the latest update.

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.2

Post by t-lor »

Choumiko wrote:Right now it should show an icon in the overview. You can then use the "C" button to jump to the train. That way you can zoom out and find out which one it is.

The icon seems a bit small, should fix that

Just yesterday i've been thinking about maybe creating markers on the map for some alarms. But the no fuel alarm isn't a good candidate, since the train could still be moving (only one locomotive needs to be out of fuel for the alarm to be shown)
Wel the icon helped. I couldnt tell it was a fuel icon :P and since i have a dozen trains with warnings for the cloud thing (standing at a signal i think ?) i didnt pay to close attention. i Love your mod ! but the icons could use a legenda somewhere :)

BTW the real source of my confusion : Apperently FAT sends a warning if it has no fuel in its inventory. But trains dont show the out of fuel icon until the current fuel is all used up ! And since my train was parked in a longterm parking spot it didnt use its last slither of fuel. So i was checking all my trains for a fuel icon, that wasnt there yet :P

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.2

Post by Choumiko »

t-lor wrote:Wel the icon helped. I couldnt tell it was a fuel icon :P and since i have a dozen trains with warnings for the cloud thing (standing at a signal i think ?) i didnt pay to close attention. i Love your mod ! but the icons could use a legenda somewhere :)

BTW the real source of my confusion : Apperently FAT sends a warning if it has no fuel in its inventory. But trains dont show the out of fuel icon until the current fuel is all used up ! And since my train was parked in a longterm parking spot it didnt use its last slither of fuel. So i was checking all my trains for a fuel icon, that wasnt there yet :P
I'm gonna add tooltips to the icons in the next update and increase size once again.

Yes, FAT looks only at the inventory of the train, not the buffer. It's intentional, since i figure if your train is on the way long enough to eat up all the fuel there might be something wrong with your refueling.
I guess i could suppress the no fuel message for trains that are not set to automatic mode.

marceljoint
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marceljoint »

Choumiko wrote:Is it a 0.14 save or was it already loaded in 0.15? Is FAT alreay in the save (which version) or first time trying to add Fat controller?
Loading the save without Fat enabled, saving and reloading with Fat enabled should load the save.

The strange thing is that LuaTrain has the key fluid_wagons. If it isn't too big feel free to upload it and share/pm me the link. I tried it with various saves (down to version 0.12.33) and didn't get an error.

Kane: Yours was a different error, which should be fixed in the latest update.
its a new 0.15 save. i already the Fat in game, when placing my first train i got an error spamming the chat. so i disabled it, when i saw the update i tried it again.

what shall i upload for you?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

marceljoint wrote:what shall i upload for you?
Just the savefile that fails to load with Fat controller enabled.

marceljoint
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by marceljoint »

i didn't had the newest game version, if anyone is having the same problem

RikkiLook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RikkiLook »

Updated translations into Russian. (TheFatController_2.0.6)
Attachments
ru.zip
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Post by Choumiko »

RikkiLook wrote:Updated translations into Russian. (TheFatController_2.0.6)
Thanks, i'll add them in the next update.

Updated to The Fat Controller 2.0.7
  • fixed error when updating the mod
  • updated russian translation

• fixed performance when filtering by Alarm with a lot of trains

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Post by steinio »

Hi,

with Electric Train the FAT Controller throws a fuel missing alert because no burnable fuel is necessary.
Do you like to support this mod? (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/magu5026/ElectricTrain)

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

magu5026
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by magu5026 »

Hello Choumiko,
As steinio already said, there is both my mod as well as the Mod RailPowerSystem (I can't post a link in my first post :()
the message that no fuel is present. Even I can not fix this or it would be a totally unsightly solution. It would be nice if you change this.

A possibility would be if you instead of the inventory the energy of the train interrogates:

If carriage.get_fuel_inventory (). Is_empty () then
     NoFuel = true
     break
end

If carriage.energy = 0 then
     NoFuel = true
     break
end

Greetings magu5026

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

The problem with checking the energy is that it will only start the no Fuel alarm when it's already too late, 0 energy means the train (probably) didn't get refueled correctly and is now stuck somewhere.
I'd like to keep the alarm as close as possible to the last item being consumed. Haven't looked at your mod yet, but i assume the electric trains are new locomotives. I'm probably going to add a blacklist, ignoring fuel for trains that come from these 2 mods.

dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by dgw »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
ssilk wrote:Remark: as I understand it, every change on the train creates a new train (or change on the loco?). Can become soon complex to not get lost the sorting in the list.
Thats true. I keep track of them via loco now and if the train object becomes invalid it gets readded to the table so that issue is fixed mostly. The sorting is annoying. I can get the train name now though (and set it i think) so that will give me something to sort by.
Choumiko, I love this mod! But with 7 pages of trains, I do get lost in the list sometimes when I'm not sure what station or alarm filter to use. I went searching to see if anyone had suggested a sort function, and there doesn't appear to have been any talk about it since…2014?! Wow.

Would you consider adding a way to sort the list of trains by name? Since we can rename trains, and I name all the important ones (at least!), sorting by name would help find the right train much of the time.

Other sorting criteria could include cargo, first station in schedule with "Inventory empty" (probably called "Depot" or something like that), train length (if FAT can get that), and probably other useful options that I haven't thought of. Offering a sort by name is probably simplest to start with, since FAT already displays the train name (and cargo too, I know—but starting small is good).

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hi, curious if this will be updated for 0.16? Trying to update it myself for the time being, I run into errors I'm unsure how to solve.

After adding in icon sizes and then updating parent styles (it looks like they removed the "_style" part of the name from everything?), I hit the following error:

Code: Select all

Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1195: Error while running on_init: Style of type VerticalFlow can't have parent style of type Flow
stack traceback:
	__TheFatController__/GUI.lua:265: in function 'init_gui'
	__TheFatController__/control.lua:104: in function 'init_player'
	__TheFatController__/control.lua:125: in function 'init_force'
	__TheFatController__/control.lua:132: in function 'init_forces'
	__TheFatController__/control.lua:139: in function <__TheFatController__/control.lua:136>
The line in the 'init_gui' function it refers to is:

player_gui.fatControllerGui = player.gui.left.add{ type="flow", name="fatController", direction="vertical", style="fatcontroller_main_flow"}
And the style in that line of code traces back to the below segment from style.lua:

data.raw["gui-style"].default["fatcontroller_main_flow"] =
  {
    type = "flow_style",
    top_padding  = 0,
    bottom_padding = 0,
    left_padding = 5,
    right_padding = 5,
    horizontal_spacing = 0,
    vertical_spacing = 0,
    max_on_row = 0,
    resize_row_to_width = true,
  }
I haven't done any GUI editing for this game before, so no idea if I was on the right track or how to fix this.

EDIT: Ok, managed to find the solution to this as well and have the mod (90%) working. I'm reluctant to post the fixed mod up, in part, because I would not be able to support it (I'm also unsure what rules apply to my posting a fixed version), but for other do-it-yourselfers, the information to understanding how to fix the above issue can be found here: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Chrisgbk ... sion/22249

Also ran into an issue where a usage of "colspan" needed to be replaced with "column_count".

It should be noted that the API call that this mod used to take control of trains appears to have been removed from the game (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Chrisgbk ... sion/22249) and I have no idea how to fix that, nor the motivation to (it was more of a novelty feature to me that I occasionally used just to watch and track things).

I'm guessing at some point I'm still gonna run into an error as fixing the Vertical/Horizontal flow stuff required splitting a GUI element and I kind of left a reference to the old name hanging in there. I guess I'll see what happens.

EDIT 2: Been a while since I played, so I completely forgot, but I did use the control train feature to more easily identify the train I wanted to change the schedule of. Also have noted that I can't enable the rename feature of the mod. I hit the checkbox and click OK and the R buttons don't appear. Go back into the settings and the checkbox is cleared again. No errors get thrown, though, so that'll take some investigating....
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

FuryoftheStars wrote:Hi, curious if this will be updated for 0.16? Trying to update it myself for the time being, I run into errors I'm unsure how to solve.
So, are you serialtasted? Or who/where is that person?

If you are: have you tried using LuaEntity::set_driver? It looks like it replaces writing the old LuaEntity::passenger.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Hi, sorry, no I am not. I just found his updated version of the mod as well. Didn't realize someone else had already posted it up.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I just updated FatController to 0.16, right now (Factorio 0.16.15) remote controlling trains doesn't work. This bug will be fixed in Factorio 0.16.16

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko ... Controller

Return to “Mods”