[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 0.4.18

Post by Instructor »

Nice mod thanks for this. Wouldn't have made it to late game without it.

I have updated to 0.4.18 and am getting an error [quote]/GUI.lua:329: attempt to call field 'add' (a nil value)[/quote]. I've went back to 0.4.16 and 0.4.14 and it persists. What can I do to fix this?

Still on 12.5 as I don't want to update yet due to mods.

Also, in 0.4.18, is there a solution to this Image ?
http://imgur.com/cfU5XZA

issues resolved. I've had two zipped files in /mods. my bad.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 0.4.19

Post by Nexela »

Thanks for the update!

And now all of the mods I use have a perfect row of pretty buttons! I will have to post an updated screenshot soon.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

I think there is an incompability with either Shuttle mod or some other train mod since 19, I guess because of a shared variable or something similar, would you mind adding a similar option including something to change names and designate specific trains as shuttle? =) it's completely okay if you don't want to, the mod is great as it is

anyway sorry for the bad bug report, if I update to 0.19 again I will write it down to share, 0.18 worked fine for me (i have a very mod heavy save)

one of a few bugs I encountered is
Clicked toggleTrainInfo
LuaTrain API call when LuaTrain was invalid. stack traceback: __TheFatController__/TrainList.lua:351: in function 'automatedCount'
__TheFatController__/GUI.lua:165: in function 'get_toggleButtonCaption' __TheFatController__/GUI.lua:399: in function 'newTrainInfoWindow'
__TheFatController__/GUI.lua:328: in function <__TheFatController__.GUI.lua:305> [C]: in function 'pcall' __TheFatController__/GUI.lua:305: in function <__TheFatController__/GUI.luaL:304>
there were others if I remember right and also one with the Shuttle and 0.19 which I don't have in console history anymore

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to FatController 0.4.20: Download, changelog, etc

Trains can be renamed since 0.4.15, though i think it's not documented anywhere except in these release notes: https://github.com/Choumiko/TheFatContr ... ag/v0.4.15

Nexela made a request similar to shuttle train, which i might get to eventually (once i'm out of the motivational hole i'm in right now :D ) : https://github.com/Choumiko/TheFatController/issues/18

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 0.4.20

Post by LuziferSenpai »

I found a Bug.

If you are in GOD mode and than go to a Train, you get stuck and lose all of your items ;) You can move etc. but not have your Items in your Inventory anymore!

Greetz,

Senpai
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 1.0.1

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to FatController 1.0.1
  • fixed time between stations alert not working correctly with SmartTrains goto rules
LuziferSenpai wrote:I found a Bug.

If you are in GOD mode and than go to a Train, you get stuck and lose all of your items ;) You can move etc. but not have your Items in your Inventory anymore!

Greetz,

Senpai
Completely missed that report :roll: Will try to remember to look into it.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Would it somehow be possible to disable the 2 minute warning only for specific signals? At my unload stations, I'll often use Inventory Empty conditions and some kind of holding area for further trains. Ideally, I'd like to not get the 2 minute warning for trains waiting in this holding area. For other parts of my rail network, it can still be quite valuable to have the warnings, so disabling them globally isn't ideal either :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

That would require to know which signal a train is waiting at, right now it only notices when a train stops at any signal and when it leaves from any signal.
I got another mod in the works that might need to know the specific signal anyways, so i guess i can add it in at some time.
I'm currently playing again, so modding is kind of on a hold (I can't seem to split my Factorio time between both, it's either one or the other :mrgreen: )

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Choumiko wrote:I'm currently playing again, so modding is kind of on a hold (I can't seem to split my Factorio time between both, it's either one or the other :mrgreen: )
I know all about that, I also have some kind of idea for a new mod, but just can't get myself to sit down and work on that, factory must be maintained :lol:

As for my feature request, just an idea: instead of detecting a signal, perhaps it could go by block number? defines.train_state doesn't appear to hold that info currently, but perhaps that could be added by the devs (if it's even feasible, I guess I"ll leave you to think on that and request it if you see this as an option ;) )
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

billclint0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.1

Post by billclint0n »

Hey guys just bought the game trying to get some mods going and I cannot manage to get this to work its says I am missing Logistics Railway 1.0.5 ( which I cannot find ingame but I imagine viewtopic.php?t=21462 will work?)

But also It says I am missing ? ChoumikoTest

Can you help me plz Choumiko ??? much appreciated !

Thank you !

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

It doesn't need these mods, it will work just fine without them,
They all have a ? before them, meaning they are optional dependencies.

billclint0n
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by billclint0n »

ahh ok !!!!

Much appreciated !thank you for the fast reply and fantastic mod support !!!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Getting an error when I try to follow a train while already driving another train:

Game version 0.15.3, other mods: FARL and Logistic Wagon (not researched yet)

Taszi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Taszi »

Hi,

I received the following error, when driving a whecile and I try control a train use of mod "c" menu. My character is kicked out from wheicle but my invetory is screwd, and the save file corrupted. (Loaded back last autosave.) Controlling a train use of map click on train function is not cause this error.

Game version: 0.15.3
Mod version: TheFatController_2.0.1

Thanks! This is a great mod!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to FatController 2.0.2
  • disabled the ability to follow a train when inside a vehicle, investigating if it's a Factorio bug or not
  • added console command to try and return control to the player: /fat_fix_character
A bit a strange one, I'm not sure whether it's a Factorio bug or one from me, since when you already follow a train and then switch to another one it works fine.
Until i figure it out you now only can follow a train when you're not in a vehicle. Shouldn't be too much of an issue for the time being I hope.

The command probably comes too late for most people, but should help in case there's a script error again that leaves you unable to do anything :roll:

t-lor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.2

Post by t-lor »

Hey.

I get a warning that a train has no fuel.
But i cant find it.
How can i tell whitch one ? is there a specific button for it ?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.2

Post by Choumiko »

Right now it should show an icon in the overview. You can then use the "C" button to jump to the train. That way you can zoom out and find out which one it is.

The icon seems a bit small, should fix that

Just yesterday i've been thinking about maybe creating markers on the map for some alarms. But the no fuel alarm isn't a good candidate, since the train could still be moving (only one locomotive needs to be out of fuel for the alarm to be shown)

Return to “Mods”