[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
alesque
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by alesque »

I'm having troubles with the filters.
In my case, I have 4 stations : Copper 1, Copper Unload, Iron 1 and Iron Unload.
I have 2 trains doing Copper 1 <-> Copper Unload and Iron 1 <-> Unload.

When I tick Copper 1 (or Copper Unload) It displays correctly my only copper train. If I tick Iron 1 (or Iron Unload) on top of that it doesn't show any trains instead of showing me my iron and copper trains.
I'm looking to show only my resource trains as I have other trains that aren't automated and always stopped at a station except when I use them myself. The "x" button doesn't remove trains as it seems it was doing for older versions. Am I missing something or doing something wrong ?

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

Would there be a way for you to add a different kind of train? One that when you get in, your UI shows some buttons of train stops named for personal transport. For example; My friend names public stops for small transport trains to park at with # prior to their name. I'd like an option to mark a stop as a public stop point for a personal transport train. Would be nice if you could fit multiple people in a train but, I don't think the game would allow that. But it would be nice at least to be able to click a button and the train go to that station, without having to do what we currently do which is setting the train's next destination, then remove the old one, and click the "go to" thing after unpausing the train. Basically what I'm looking for is a click "go to x" button without the train erroring for being at one of those stops in it's list for longer than 10 minutes.
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

alesque wrote:I'm having troubles with the filters.
In my case, I have 4 stations : Copper 1, Copper Unload, Iron 1 and Iron Unload.
I have 2 trains doing Copper 1 <-> Copper Unload and Iron 1 <-> Unload.

The "x" button doesn't remove trains as it seems it was doing for older versions. Am I missing something or doing something wrong ?
The filters are combined with AND, in your case it would only show trains with Iron 1 and Copper 1 in their schedule. I'll probably add an option for OR in the next version.
Not sure what you mean by removing trains, "x" clears any filters you have set.
Vas wrote:Would there be a way for you to add a different kind of train? One that when you get in, your UI shows some buttons of train stops named for personal transport.
That's not what Fat Controller aims to do. Maybe this is what you are looking for?

alesque
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by alesque »

The filters are combined with AND, in your case it would only show trains with Iron 1 and Copper 1 in their schedule. I'll probably add an option for OR in the next version.
Not sure what you mean by removing trains, "x" clears any filters you have set.
Thanks for the info. I saw a video about an older version of the mod where the player was able to remove trains one by one. Each train had an "x" button next to their name to remove them from the list which is basically what I am looking for, removing my unautomated trains from the train list. It's not a big issue anyway, so I will wait for the next version.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

Minor issue: When all trains are stopped individually, the "Stop All" button stays "Stop All" and you have to press it twice to resume all. It should probably change itself to "Resume All" if all the trains have been stopped by other means.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I'll try it out, thanks. I've been searching the forum a lot for mods, I even browsed every single page there was for all mods in several boards, even that one, but the mod wasn't there yet at that time. I'm still looking for one more mod before I officially start up my server but no luck so far. :/
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

Aintence
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aintence »

Aintence wrote:Hey, I have played with few mods but decided to use map editor. After saving everything and trying to load the custom scenario i get this error:
I'm not sure how scenario creation works with mods. Try disabling FatController, load the scenario in the editor, save it and then enable FatController again before starting the scenario. If it doesn't work, can you upload the scenario somewhere so i can give it a try?

Yep, i removed mod from folder when editing and put it back when playing :)

Wolff Laarcen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Wolff Laarcen »

Found a minor bug perhaps:

Copy-Pasting station names (Shift+ RMB, Shift+LMB) does not seem to properly update the names in the station list and causes those names to remain in the list even if the offending stations are manually renamed or removed. I was using Smart Stations from the Smart Trains mod.

For example, I wanted 3 stations named 'Queue' so I manually entered the name in the first one and copied it to the other two. In the station list, those other two stations still had their original names. Those original names stayed on the station list even after manually renaming, then removing and repacing them. This didn't seem to affect train routing but did eventually clutter up my station list. I was able to remove the bad names by disabling TFC, saving the game without TFC enabled and then reenabling the mod.

Hope this helps.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Is this a bug or a feature?
If I drive in automatic mode and encounter a spawner it is destroyed without notice of the natives.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Wolff Laarcen wrote:Found a minor bug perhaps:

Copy-Pasting station names (Shift+ RMB, Shift+LMB) does not seem to properly update the names in the station list and causes those names to remain in the list even if the offending stations are manually renamed or removed. I was using Smart Stations from the Smart Trains mod.
Yeah, i noticed that a few days ago too. Currently there is no event for copy/pasting entities, i can probably add a button/command to scan the map for stations again.
steinio wrote:Is this a bug or a feature?
If I drive in automatic mode and encounter a spawner it is destroyed without notice of the natives.
It's definitely not intended. Where you in the train via remote or with your real character?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

It's definitely not intended. Where you in the train via remote or with your real character?
:shock: is this the FAT Controller Thread? Yes it is.
I meant the FARL.

Sounds all the same to me.

Sorry for bothering you.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

I just ran into an odd issue today. I switched to train view and started getting a ton of errors.

I've attached a screenshot with all 3 errors on the left.

I'm playing single player on a map that has never been loaded as an MP map.
Attachments
FAT_001.png
FAT_001.png (4.17 MiB) Viewed 7161 times

lopezcesar26
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lopezcesar26 »

I keep getting a similar error
Control.lua:823: Character can only be connected to one player at a time.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

GameCharmer wrote:I just ran into an odd issue today. I switched to train view and started getting a ton of errors.

I've attached a screenshot with all 3 errors on the left.

I'm playing single player on a map that has never been loaded as an MP map.
This problem is caused by my Mod Iconizer. To fix it, remove both my mod and The Fat Controller then load your save and save it again. Exit game and install again both mods. Make sure you are running latest version of Mod Iconizer. I apologize for the inconvenience.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Roktaal wrote: This problem is caused by my Mod Iconizer. To fix it, remove both my mod and The Fat Controller then load your save and save it again. Exit game and install again both mods. Make sure you are running latest version of Mod Iconizer. I apologize for the inconvenience.
That actually made things worse. While I'm not getting flooded with TFC errors, all icons for other mods, like the research mod, are now gone. :(

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

GameCharmer wrote:
Roktaal wrote: This problem is caused by my Mod Iconizer. To fix it, remove both my mod and The Fat Controller then load your save and save it again. Exit game and install again both mods. Make sure you are running latest version of Mod Iconizer. I apologize for the inconvenience.
That actually made things worse. While I'm not getting flooded with TFC errors, all icons for other mods, like the research mod, are now gone. :(
You will have to remove all mods that are affected by Mod Iconizer and Mod Iconizer itself then load your save game and re-save it, and then put back all the mods. Make sure you export blueprints if you are using Foreman mod.

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Roktaal wrote: You will have to remove all mods that are affected by Mod Iconizer and Mod Iconizer itself then load your save game and re-save it, and then put back all the mods. Make sure you export blueprints if you are using Foreman mod.
Thank you, that worked!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to The Fat Controller 0.4.12
  • - added support for LogisticsRailway
    - filter mode can be switched between AND/OR
    - filtering by Alarms ignores the other filters
    - Stop/resume all/filtered should work correctly [150332]
    - added command to search for train stops [151421]
    - trains without a locomotive are ignored [149468]
@GameCharmer, @lopezcesar26: The line numbers make no sense for halfway up to date versions, i'm assuming you are using fairly old versions (from Factoriomods.com ?)

@steinio: you bothered the right author :mrgreen: FARL doesn't/shouldn't remove spawners, by automatic mode you mean FARLs cruise mode? Reply in the FARL thread please :D

GameCharmer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GameCharmer »

Choumiko wrote: @GameCharmer, @lopezcesar26: The line numbers make no sense for halfway up to date versions, i'm assuming you are using fairly old versions (from Factoriomods.com ?)
Holy crap was that an old version. I was still on 0.3.23. I've been around for a while, it was just a mod that hasn't broken or caused bugs before, so there was no need to update it. :P All up-to-date now.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to The Fat Controller 0.4.13
  • no path error displays the station the train tries to reach
  • displayed page is only changed when necessary for filtered train list
  • added german translation by ST-DDT

Return to “Mods”