[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by JamesOFarrell »

SHiRKiT wrote:It happens whenever I add/remove wagons to the train. Maybe you could check, after the train is rebuilt, if he has the same name, locomotive position, schedule and from there guess that's the same train, and re-add it to the list.
That was the plan, sadly I can't check the name but I can check the position.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

There is a new update that will improve the amount of CPU TheFatController wastes

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

New version 0.0.5 fixes a crash and should improve cpu usage a little bit more.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Neat.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I must say it: I used your mod in my current game a lot and it really made it at the first place possible, to built it in that dimensions, I have it now. Not thinkable without it.

Thank you!

My wish list:
- scrolling (I run now into the screen overflow issue)
- naming of trains in the list (dunno, if that's possible)
- grouping by routes, or simply the first part of the train name is grouped together
- copy/paste train (route and cargo filters) - but I think not possible yet
- deadlock warning: if train with route is not driving if he should be driving, after a minute. (Even if you make your network careful, there could be deadlocks)
- better integration with other mods (jumps around a bit)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

vlczero
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vlczero »

Thank you so much!

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

ssilk wrote: - scrolling (I run now into the screen overflow issue)
- naming of trains in the list (dunno, if that's possible)
- grouping by routes, or simply the first part of the train name is grouped together
- copy/paste train (route and cargo filters) - but I think not possible yet
- deadlock warning: if train with route is not driving if he should be driving, after a minute. (Even if you make your network careful, there could be deadlocks)
- better integration with other mods (jumps around a bit)
Glad people enjoy the mod. Most of these are on the list of things i want to add but what do you mean by "better integration with other mods"? The only mod i use with a gui is resources monitor and it seems fine with that. A screenshot would be useful. Grouping via route is a good idea, will have no come up with a way to do this.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Yeah, loving this mod as well (13 trains and counting :) ). On top of the suggestions by ssilk, I'd like to suggest some kind of warning or notification if a train has a no path error (happened twice to me now, once due to an operator error placing a signal on the wrong side of a one-way track, the other time because biters ate a few pieces of rail) - I suppose this really is just a specific case of 'standing still when it should be moving', although that could just be a transient state (queue for a busy station perhaps) while the no path tends to be permanent.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:'d like to suggest some kind of warning or notification if a train has a no path error
This will defiantly be in the mod in the next release, it wont be a no path check (as it is not really possible) just a "I haven't moved in so long" check. Should also display a warning when it happens and highlight the train in the list. This will come along with detecting where the train has stopped and for how long.

Ok, new version is up! v0.0.6 will only work with 0.10.12 but fixes the most annoying bugs in TheFatController. It has pagination so you can now see your whole train list (Magic!) and if you click the page count you can even set how many trains are displayed on screen. There is a new station filter (The 's' button, bad label, sorry) that will allow you to filter trains displayed by station and should make managing train groups easier. I've added a bunch of carriage tracking so you should be able to remove wagons/join trains without causing any issues. I made a bunch of random changes under the hood just to mix it up so hopefully it should run a little better on slower machines.

The next version will be a compatibility update to v0.11 then hopefully I'll get to add some of the more interesting features like a notifications and copy/paste for schedules.
Last edited by JamesOFarrell on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

^^
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Yay, new release! Can't wait to give it a whirl :)
JamesOFarrell wrote:
Boogieman14 wrote:'d like to suggest some kind of warning or notification if a train has a no path error
This will defiantly be in the mod in the next release, it wont be a no path check (as it is not really possible) just a "I haven't moved in so long" check. Should also display a warning when it happens and highlight the train in the list. This will come along with detecting where the train has stopped and for how long.
I noticed when hovering over a running locomotive, it shows these status numbers which seemed to change and show a particular number when the 'no path' message floats up (noticed this while testing for the high speed locomotive issue). Aren't those statuses useful? Or can't a mod access them?
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:I noticed when hovering over a running locomotive, it shows these status numbers which seemed to change and show a particular number when the 'no path' message floats up (noticed this while testing for the high speed locomotive issue). Aren't those statuses useful? Or can't a mod access them?
Sadly the lua train object does not expose the state. I can access whether the train is in manual mode, how fast the train is moving, whats it's current schedule is (station, time) and the carriages. The carriages give me access to direction and a position in the world plus inventory contents. Using this i can see how long a train is stopped for but not why. I can do some smart things like searching near the stopped train for signals and stations to see where the train has stopped. Using this I should be able to get a decent idea of the train state but i can never be 100% sure if something has a no path error.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

v0.0.7 uploaded. This is for single player only and also removes localization. While i have tested this I've not been able to test all of the features as my save that is far enough has way to many mods. Please let me know of any issues you find ASAP. If you report that this doesn't work with multiplayer I will mock you in my next build :)

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Yay, awesome! Just started a new map myself, but I loaded up my last map (with 3 pages of trains :) ) and it appears to be working well. Is it possible you left some debug stuff in though? Whenever I control a train, I get a load of "Info18_toggleFollowMode" messages (and a few other numbers). Control appears to be working fine though.

Oh, a bit too fast (you're getting a live report here :) ). I remote control a train and open the schedule for it. I think what I did was remove the single station that was in its schedule and wanted to put a different on in place. Train was set to automatic, which in the past always worked fine (except for a 'no path' message floating up). Now I get this message:

Did a few reproduction attempts on this, looks like the error occurs whenever a train in FAT's opened list has no orders (at least, on three attempts everything was fine with the train list collapsed, but the error popped up as soon as I expanded the list).

On a different note (not sure if this is related to your mod, I suspect it isn't): Factorio floats a red "Unknown key: "No path"" message now. I'll investigate this particular thing a bit more.
(edit: yeah, that also happens without this mod loaded https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=6402)

(oh, and no, this isn't in multiplayer :geek: )

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:Fantastic bug report
Awesome bug report, thanks. This is the issue causing me to remove localization but I missed that bit of text because it is set in a very strange location. Uploaded 0.0.8, hopefully that is all of them.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Awesome bug report, thanks.
I bet you would've been able to fix it with just the line number, but that's just my CDO I guess :lol:

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:
JamesOFarrell wrote:Awesome bug report, thanks.
I bet you would've been able to fix it with just the line number, but that's just my CDO I guess :lol:
Not thia time, that function is called a lot, without the symptoms I would have had to test all of the features.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by Boogieman14 »

In my bugreport spam, you may have missed my remark about these though :)

These pop up whenever i remote control a train.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:These pop up whenever i remote control a train.
Apparently I left debug test on in this version. I've re-uploaded 0.0.8 with it turned off. I was in to much of a hurry yesterday as I was working on this, sorry for the hassle everyone.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

If that is what I think it appears to be, I think I'll gladly overlook that leftover debug statement ;) Can't wait to give that a whirl!

Return to “Mods”