[MOD 0.15.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train manager 2.0.7

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by Vin »

Talguy wrote:Would it be possible to not trigger the 10 minute time for trains that are paused at stations? I have my Taxi trains / FARL set at stations, as do a lot of twitch streamers from what I understand. Maybe a sub-checkbox that says "Don't warn for paused trains."
Click the exclaimation point in the FAT controller window. You can customize whether you want to hear the three warnings.
Last edited by Vin on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

Vin wrote:
Talguy wrote:Would it be possible to not trigger the 10 minute time for trains that are paused at stations? I have my taxi trains / FARL set at stations, as do a lot of twitch streamers from what I understand. Maybe a sub-checkbox that says "Don't warn for paused trains."
Click the explanation point in the FAT controller window. You can customize whether you want to hear the three warnings.
I do want to hear those warnings, just not for paused/manual trains. It doesn't make sense, since the train is controlled manually. It should assume that the player is controlling that train and thus is aware of any issues the mod is warning the player for.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Talguy wrote:I do want to hear those warnings, just not for paused/manual trains. It doesn't make sense, since the train is controlled manually. It should assume that the player is controlling that train and thus is aware of any issues the mod is warning the player for.
yeah, this is a bug. I have some time off this week so I think i'll probably get a few hours of modding in. I'll try and fix this.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I noticed that too and was wondering: What would cause a train to be at a train stop for >10 minutes? No path is covered by another alarm, as well as signal. All i can think of that is left is out of fuel? Or is it intented to notify me of trains with only 1 station in their schedule?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Both I imagine, and seems useful for that purpose.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
Talguy wrote:I do want to hear those warnings, just not for paused/manual trains. It doesn't make sense, since the train is controlled manually. It should assume that the player is controlling that train and thus is aware of any issues the mod is warning the player for.
yeah, this is a bug. I have some time off this week so I think i'll probably get a few hours of modding in. I'll try and fix this.
shouldn't that be an easy fix? I mean there's https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... anual_mode :)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Talguy wrote:
JamesOFarrell wrote:
shouldn't that be an easy fix? I mean there's https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... anual_mode :)
Shouldn't be hard to fix at all. I like the idea of adding a few more useful alarms at the same time though, running out of fuel would be nice,.I need to add the patch that was postd above as well.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I don't see info in first post so i assume this works in 0.12 MP?

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

cpy wrote:I don't see info in first post so i assume this works in 0.12 MP?
I've used it with multiple people and it's perfectly okay.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Any chance of getting Force Support down the road. What I mean by that is if I'm Force2 I can't see Force1 Trains etc.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

Not sure if this is mentioned yet:
GUI responsiveness seems very bad for in multiplayer: have to spam button, sometimes 10 plus times to view a train. Sometimes it just won't work at all. Other GUI works okay.

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

It works fine for me in multiplayer. For me the GUI is very responsive.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

SirRichie wrote:It works fine for me in multiplayer. For me the GUI is very responsive.
It is more to do with how many trains you have than it being multiplayer I think. I am deleting elements before redrawing them because of a bug that was patched in 0.12 so I need to spend the time to re-write it without the hack. I was hoping to do it recently as I had time off work but I ended up spending time with the family instead.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] The Fat Controller. Remote train management

Post by Kane »

Will there be forces updated into overtime? For example as far as I know it's quite broken if you are separate teams.

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

@JamesOFarrell
(Sorry if you've answered this before, but I could not find any post where you did.)
Why don't you put the source up on GitHub or similar?
This would let me find out what you updated in what version and would enable people to send in pull requests in case they fixed something for you.
In the end of July you said you'd fix some signal sounds and apply a fix for manual trains if you found the time, and mid August you were talking about rewriting this "deleting elements before redrawing"-hack.
I have no idea if you got to do that already as there doesn't seem to be a date mentioned for your releases. I know you said you spent time with your family instead but I don't know if you've changed anything since that last post.
If you really don't want to upload the source to github you might just add release dates to your version history.

I'm just asking, don't mean to be rude :)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

happymoep wrote:@JamesOFarrell
Not rude at all, these are good questions. I started writing an explanation for why i don't use git hub but it was taking to long so created a repo instead. It was quicker. Here you go. Feel free to submit pull requests.

I have done none of the work on TFC I talked about. When I have time to mod these days I find I am playing around with Lua Combinators instead of my other mods. Here is the current todo list for TFC:
  • Change the buttons over to have icons.
    Remove the code that deletes elements before updating them
    Rollback to using styles for everything
    Add support for multiple player forces
    Display train names on gui
    Ability to rename trains
    Release a version that works with thunder gui
    Add OR support to the station filter
    Add running out of power alarm
    Fix bugs with alarms
    Display trains with alarms at the top of the list
    Red "!" banner when a train had a triggered alarm
This about covers what bugs me in game and the requests in this thread.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I tested this with Forces (Teams) in Multiplayer and I don't even see the icon loaded anymore in the game. Even loading a MP Game then SP nope :(

ibsteveog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ibsteveog »

SirRichie wrote:It works fine for me in multiplayer. For me the GUI is very responsive.

It does not work for headless multiplayer servers :(

12.10 console:

Code: Select all

69.715 Error MultiplayerManager.cpp:105: MultiplayerManager failed: mulitplayer.cannot-save-map("Error while running the on_load: __TheFatController__/control.lua:31: Gui write access while saving game is not allowed.The save event shouldn't abused to change the game state in any way.")
  69.718 Info MultiplayerManager.cpp:865: networkTick(4071) mapTick(6511705) changing state from(InGameSavingMap) to(Failed)
 105.840 Received SIGINT, shutting down
 105.896 Error Util.cpp:46: Error while running the on_load: __TheFatController__/control.lua:31: Gui write access while saving game is not allowed.The save event shouldn't abused to change the game state in any way.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

New version 0.3.0. It supports different player forces, i think. I wrote it a while ago and never released it but with 0.12.11 breaking all the mods I thought I better release something. Also had fixes from some dude on github, I may not have looked at them before i merged them so good luck everyone

Lone_Player
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lone_Player »

Hi, Tested it with 0.12.11 & it is working, after a few Second´s it, is updating the Train´s List, and is ready to work with :D

The Text showing;

Collapseded Button read´s : Unknown key:"text-trains-collapsed"
& expanded : Unknown key:"text-trains"
is Factorio 0.12.11 related & reported --> https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17098

Return to “Mods”