[0.11.13] RoadWorks 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.10.0] RoadWorks

Post by Rensiur »

Depends on how far you can / want to explore. Limestone should appear in newly generated chunks of the map, but if you prefer to have it generated from the first second on a new map might be a good choice.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Airat9000 wrote:just an idea can be implemented
waste in the form of asphalt
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =33&t=4341

Well pier in the form of land or ports, that there could be put walls, guns, etc. admissible if a lot of water that would reduce it to install walls and protection
I could make an addon that would change refinery output into gas, refined oil and asphalt, with refined oil having to be split in a chemical plant to get light oil and heavy oil. Since asphalt would become a liquid, it would have to be lead to an assembling machine with pipes where it would be used to craft the asphalt roads (since, as a waste, it's not good for anything else).

Ah, I see. I do plan to make something like that once bridges are finished, but it's going to be very, very expensive. I want you to use bridges wherever possible. ;)
Rensiur wrote:Pretty cool idea, gonna give it a try.

And for the Pier that Airat mentions. I believe he thinks of something like Landfill, but just that you por tons of concrete into the water to build upon.

Basically like a land extension in a harbour or similar things.
Thank you!

Ah, I see now. My gripe with Landfill was how cheap it was to create the new land. I do plan to make something like that, but much more expensive.
perkel wrote:Do i need to restart game for limestone to be found ?
Not at all! Just put the following code into console:

Code: Select all

game.regenerateentity("RW-limestone")
Note that it behaves as if the limestone fields were to set to normal frequency, size and richness, so if you want to customize the limestone fields, you will have to start a new game. In the next update, I will provide a migration file that automatically regenerates limestone for saves that were created without RoadWorks.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

by the way the idea to make a synthetic green floor type as a synthetic lawn
for example
use limestone + synthetic grass (new resource - type grass bio)
base for beauty and reduce pollution ..

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

Nah, I want my pollution, and its artificial grass, that takes no pollution up.

But please make the grass in two different colors so I can create a soccer field for the future colonists :-D

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Rensiur wrote:Nah, I want my pollution, and its artificial grass, that takes no pollution up.

But please make the grass in two different colors so I can create a soccer field for the future colonists :-D
good idea $)))

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] RoadWorks 1.01

Post by Rahjital »

Version 1.01 released!
Changelog
Download link: https://db.tt/nrD3fnQ1

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] RoadWorks 1.01

Post by Rahjital »

Version 1.02 released!

This hotfix corrects a rather serious bug that prevented concrete pavement from being built. I was kinda surprised that nobody found it first... does anyone actually play the mod? =p
Changelog

Birion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] RoadWorks 1.02

Post by Birion »

Still can't build concrete pavement in already opened game, needs concrete pavement to build even with 1.02. When I start a new game, it works without any problems, but loading a safe where I've already played with roadworks before is bugged.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Birion wrote:Still can't build concrete pavement in already opened game, needs concrete pavement to build even with 1.02. When I start a new game, it works without any problems, but loading a safe where I've already played with roadworks before is bugged.
try opening the console with ~ and typing game.player.force.resetrecipes() (which should force factorio to reload the recipe), if that works then Rahjital may have forgotten to add it to a lua migration file :)

Birion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Birion »

FreeER wrote:
Birion wrote:Still can't build concrete pavement in already opened game, needs concrete pavement to build even with 1.02. When I start a new game, it works without any problems, but loading a safe where I've already played with roadworks before is bugged.
try opening the console with ~ and typing game.player.force.resetrecipes() (which should force factorio to reload the recipe), if that works then Rahjital may have forgotten to add it to a lua migration file :)
That helped. Thanks.

perkel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by perkel »

Oh great update !

It was kind of annoying to destroy my buildings and replace them to put concrete. Still i think it was kind of realistic...

Awaiting for further updates.

BTW do you have idea about weed stuff ? Is there realistic chance you would update mod to delate any grass and stuff on my shinny new concrete ?

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

FreeER wrote:
Birion wrote:if that works then Rahjital may have forgotten to add it to a lua migration file :)
Indeed I did! I might upload a 1.03 because of this if enough people are bothered by this, otherwise I'll do some work on bridges first. I hope to have railroad bridges done for the next release, although it may delay it a bit...
perkel wrote:Oh great update !

It was kind of annoying to destroy my buildings and replace them to put concrete. Still i think it was kind of realistic...
Awaiting for further updates.

BTW do you have idea about weed stuff ? Is there realistic chance you would update mod to delate any grass and stuff on my shinny new concrete ?
Thank you! Yeah, building a new base only to realize I haven't layed the concrete was much too annoying. If you liked the old way of doing it more, I can put in an option to revert it. I think gameplay convenience wins over realism, though. :)

Oh, that should be pretty easy! I just didn't realize people would mind that, which is the only reason it's not implemented yet. I'll release 1.3 with this and the migration files soon, and then there'll be a pause until there's more progress on bridges.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] RoadWorks 1.03

Post by Rahjital »

Version 1.03 released!

This is the last release before serious work on bridges begins. Unless a serious bug comes to light, it will be longer than before until the next version is released. On the other hand, the next release should bring two kinds of bridges, one of which will also be supporting railroads.
Changelog

McCrow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by McCrow »

Any time I place down a cobblestone path or concrete pavement (haven't tried asphalt) it also places a landmine at the center. Although the free explosives are kinda neat, it seems unlikely that they're intended to be a byproduct of placing down roads.

This is on a save that originally had ver 1.01, updated to 1.03, not sure if relevant.

Roads are great, love using them.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Indeed, that is definitely not intended! Thank you for the report, it's a debug measure that has inadvertently made its way into the release. Sometime in the future, somebody will look at the changelog and wonder how is making pavement even connected to landmines. Glad you like playing with the mod!

Version 1.04 released!
Changelog

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.10.1] RoadWorks 1.04

Post by MisterSpock »

How do a delete a placed floor?

orion420
Inserter
Inserter

Post by orion420 »

Cool mod i cant wait to try it. DL It NOW!
Error!!! Dang I get this when i try and load your mod.
Attachments
2014-06-27_15-38-43.jpg
2014-06-27_15-38-43.jpg (24.86 KiB) Viewed 7736 times

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

MisterSpock wrote:How do a delete a placed floor?
This is not possible yet. I'm trying to find a way to implement it without killing game performance, but in the meanwhile, there's nothing that can be done with already placed pavement.
orion420 wrote:Cool mod i cant wait to try it. DL It NOW!
Error!!! Dang I get this when i try and load your mod.
That's a very strange error, never seen it before. I just tried the mod in 0.10.2 just to be sure it's not a newly introduced bug but the mod still works just fine for me. For some reason, the game found the sound files just fine but failed to load them. I suspect that whatever software your computer uses to play Ogg files is outdated and updating it should solve the issue.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

;) idea
more in limestone convert in stone (2 variant in finished in base)
10 lims --> 1stone

Iceweasel44
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Iceweasel44 »

I am getting the exact same error as orion420 - please post a fix if found. I am on windows, no idea what codecs I might need to fix this. I have never used or messed with ogg files before.

Return to “Mods”