[0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ptx0
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.1

Post by ptx0 »

if deleting mod-settings.dat doesn't help then the only thing that worked for me was to download the actual seablock pack zip from this thread and extract it manually.
If you want to buy me a beer for my work on eduran's LTN Tracker, send me a private message.

Medium9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Medium9 »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm
if deleting mod-settings.dat doesn't help then the only thing that worked for me was to download the actual seablock pack zip from this thread and extract it manually.
Got the same recommendation on discord just now as well. I'll do it this way then. A bit of a shame that I can't really use the integrated manager for this, but I'll live :) Thank you!

Trainwreck
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:03 pm
I hope you mean 2020, not 2018 :)
Yep, was a bit careless with the copy and pasta there.

vjbone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vjbone »

Medium9 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:40 pm
I updated all mods I already had and disabled any that weren't compatible, and downloaded SB with all its dependencies via the ingame mod manager.
thats your problem. dont update mods, dont download they ingame, download Archive from Trainwreck post

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Chapeau-Claque
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

0.4 mod list changes as I can see:

Added: Bobs Ores
Removed: Nuclear Fuel

For Bobs Ores I have no comment but why was Nuclear Fuel removed?

Trainwreck
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 am
0.4 mod list changes as I can see:

Added: Bobs Ores
Removed: Nuclear Fuel

For Bobs Ores I have no comment but why was Nuclear Fuel removed?
Bobpower now adds its own plutonium recipes, making Nuclear Fuel redundant.
Bobores was added for one item, thorium ore.

Gentaei
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gentaei »

Is there any hope of adressing the nightmare of energy production in early game?

Algae 1 now gives 5 brown algae per craft as well . Since you do not need it in your powerplant it gets put in a chest and gets "voided" by shooting it...

Algae 2 is insanly energy inefficient. For 0.5 Charcoal you need more than 1.1MW while you only get 2MW from the Charcoal. Net gain for it is less than 900kW... Algae 1 can do it by only taking ~700kW and giving you about 1.2MW.

It would help algae 2 a lot to reduce the amount of mineral water that it needs. Otherwise its only a wasted tech....

Arboritums are also not very efficient. Yes you can set them up early and a tree should always be close to spawn. But same here. For 0.5 Charcoal (2MW) you also need way more than 700kW to do it. Also a lot of space compared to alge 1. In addition it takes Steel and a lot more components making it expensive.

Since there are no other options to produce energy early on you will run on alge 1 for a very very long time. Till you hit fuel oil and making it out of Binafran and mk1 Farms. Also Solid fuel from it seems viable. Everything else seems either horrible ineffiecient or takes more space than algae 1.

Return to “Mods”