[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Silba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.3

Post by Silba »

Is it possible to change the frequency at which worms spawn? Right now it seems they spawn on every available spot on worm islands. I'd like to have some biter spawners show up but the worms leave no room.

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

Silba wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:20 pm
Is it possible to change the frequency at which worms spawn? Right now it seems they spawn on every available spot on worm islands. I'd like to have some biter spawners show up but the worms leave no room.
There are no bitters bases in seablock, only worms

tomvriest
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tomvriest »

pls update to 17.31

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Washing for Geodes + Power plant

Post by mrvn »

Time to show my creation. I've just finished re-designing my geode washing to be self contained and self powering.

Aside from showing off I have another reason to show this setup: I don't really see a problem for producing power mid game before you have nuclear power. You do want to wash geodes in SeaBlock as early as possible. And done right this is also a big energy producer. If you add solar cells (no accumulators) you can raise that 4 times or more as well using the steam engines only at night.
washing_for_geodes.png
washing_for_geodes.png (4.26 MiB) Viewed 7506 times
The plant has no inputs and should never stop running. There are 2 main outputs:

1) Mineral Sludge in a LCCCCL fluid train (which will be fueled too).
2) Sustained 48 MW of power.

There are a number of secondary products in order of volume:

3) Purified water. This is also provided for LCCCCL trains and quite a bit of it is produced.
4) Either Sulfuric Waste Water provided for LF trains or Sulfur (stack of 5) provided for LC trains.
5) Mud provided for LC trains.
6) Crystal Seedling (this costs Mineral Sludge).

Beyond this the volume really drops but goes up if the power isn't used:

7) Landfill (sand-3), Stone, Stone Brick (stacks of 5) provided for LC trains.
8) Stone Pipe, Stone Undergorund Pipe provided for LC trains.
9) Crushed Stone (if none of the above are removed) provided for LC trains.

There are a number of contingencies build into the plant:

A) Sufuric Waste Water is clarified if sulfur backs up and isn't carried away by train.
B) Mud is turned into Mud Water if it backs up.
C) Mineral Sludge is clarified if not taken away by train (so the external power remains at 48MW).
D) Mineral Water is clarified if Power isn't used and stone produces back up.
E) Purified Water is clarified if not taken way by train.

So no matter what the plant should be running at 100% at all times. Ratios are about as close to perfect as I could get. It's all red+green science and I aimed to stay as cheap possible. No yellow belts when greys will do for exmple.

Note: I'm using Bobs belt speed override set to 13.2. Smallest value to get >= 12 items/s belt speed in the game. Slower belt speed can't handle the geodes.
Note2: I'm using a few extra mods besides SeaBlock. Use the savegame to sync mods.
Attachments
blueprint.txt
Blueprint is too large to be inline.
(147.56 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
washing.zip
Savegame to sync mods.
(4.22 MiB) Downloaded 113 times

gimmickless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gimmickless »

I regularly have graphical glitches that I cannot explain. There's a blue hue that overlays on Bobs/Angels items and power poles. Can anyone explain what's happening and/or how to fix this?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

gimmickless wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 am
I regularly have graphical glitches that I cannot explain. There's a blue hue that overlays on Bobs/Angels items and power poles. Can anyone explain what's happening and/or how to fix this?

looks like issue with your GPU
what gpu you have, how many VRAM.
try to set low vram mode in gpu options.

gimmickless
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gimmickless »

mexmer wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:06 am
gimmickless wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:05 am

looks like issue with your GPU
what gpu you have, how many VRAM.
try to set low vram mode in gpu options.
GPU is GeForce GTX 1660. All settings reduced to minimum and a restart fixed the issue temporarily. Unsure of whether or not it will replicate at these settings or not. Time will tell.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

RE: Mrvn

First of all, that is a fantastic build for energy neutral geodes. I don't mean to argue about the power discussion here so I hope you don't take this as an argument. I'd like to try and highlight the power requirement differences between the different stages of the game though. Early, Mid, and Late game are very subjective and don't mean a whole lot if there isn't common terminology. My focus on power woes here involves the stage after this. Specifically when you have blue science running and are starting to build prod modules and beacons in large quantities. Since these are the fundamental building block for the "mid game" to me, they are the entities that really push your power requirements.

The stage where your power draw is coming mostly from beacons/assembly machines is where you need that boost in power. This happens for me in the blue science stage and nuclear isn't an option until the purple science stage. My worry was around the fact that Arboretums were the only good method to get this, but I think that trainwreck's response indicates he is going to look into making farm based power more in line with 0.16 balance which should make farm power another good way (an alternative to arboretums) to power your assemblers and beacons. I really don't think it is realistic to use green algae based power during the beacon/module stage.

@Trainwreck - Aside from the comments about wood boards your plan looks great. I didn't see an issue with rocket boosters as they've always been decent for power; they are the most complex power plants to build so I would say they probably should be the most efficient in that era (They require catalysts).

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

For my part [0.16], I did feel the power increase with modules, but the same modules, combined with the new tiers of boilers, and new arboretum recipes, allowed me to keep growing.
I'm pretty much finished with purple/pink science, and about to research nuclear power for yellow, and still on a single tree - with quite a bit of room left !
I even think that I'll try to see how high I can go on that single tree, just for fun !
(Then, this is my first Sea Block game, so I spent a lot of time trying stuff...)

I even decided to convert my fuel oil to more syngas (for puffers for urea), rather than to enriched fuel.

I've tried several times to helmod rocket boosters for power, but never found them particularly interesting... why did you ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

Rocket boosters were used by Zulan in 0.15 in his seablock play through. They have an incredible power output for a small footprint of structures. To make 100MW of power from farms, arboretums, green algae, etc, you need somewhere in the vicinity of 100+ structures placed (not counting inserters or poles). IIRC for rocket boosters it was more like 20. The problem with rocket boosters is getting the two different types of catalysts into the system.

I think one of the most important aspect of a power plant is the land footprint. Solar and green algae take up the most space (just a guess on solar), followed by farms/arboretums, then rocket boosters, then nuclear. The second important trait is the cost/energy ratio, where solar is just abysmally bad but nuclear is only kind of bad.

mmppolton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mmppolton »

trainwreak what hapne to the cystal slury to miner sluge coal filtring
i doint see it in the mod pack why was it remove

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hmm, I didn't really see that either.
Arboretums :
3.85 Charcoal Pellets / s (115 MW) from Arboretums (Mk3) :
22 Ass4
6 Steel Furnaces
12 Arboretums
1 Desert Tree (with 2 speed0 modules)
4 Chem2
1 AirFilter2
1 Blast Furnace
6 Washing Plant
1 Composter
1 Algae Farm 2
(2.8 MW)
So 801 tiles worth of buildings.

5.78 Rocket Boosters / s (115MW) via Ammonium Nitrate :
4 Ass4
23 Chem2 (Actually, I'm rounding down here slightly, to save extra 3)
7 Air Filter 2
8 Electrolyzers3
2 Hydro Plants 2
2.89 Iron Pipes / s
0.43 Iron&Copper Ore/s
0.24 Aluminum&Silver Ore/s
(4.9 MW)
This produces an extra 7.52 Slag/s, that might actually more or less cover the required ores ?
So 668 tiles worth of buildings.

Yeah, seems a bit better, though not dramatically so...
(It might have been different in 0.15 ? Or did he use the later, Ammonuim Perchlorate recipe? And did we even have Arboretums in 0.15 ?)

P.S.: I got Nuclear Power while helmoding this, yay ! :D
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Some changes that are relevant for Seablock as well, not yet published:
Refining
- Cupric and ferrous sorter recipes are adjusted to be inline with the other sorter recipes
Petrochem
- added tier 2 electrolyser recipes
- adjusted rocket booster fuel value to 10 MJ
- changed carbon recipe
Bio
- made wood sawing give back the saw at a 90% chance
- added charcoal
- added carbon from charcoal recipe
- added an early less productive green algae variant
- adjusted fuel values for wood related products
cellulose fiber 1
wood 2
wood pellets 8
wood bricks 20
charcoal 6

I'm currently taking a look at fuel values for fluids as well, but introducing that is like opening pandoras box because items and fluids are converted at fixed ratios which would have to change to line up.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

rain9441 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:51 pm
RE: Mrvn

First of all, that is a fantastic build for energy neutral geodes. I don't mean to argue about the power discussion here so I hope you don't take this as an argument. I'd like to try and highlight the power requirement differences between the different stages of the game though. Early, Mid, and Late game are very subjective and don't mean a whole lot if there isn't common terminology. My focus on power woes here involves the stage after this. Specifically when you have blue science running and are starting to build prod modules and beacons in large quantities. Since these are the fundamental building block for the "mid game" to me, they are the entities that really push your power requirements.

The stage where your power draw is coming mostly from beacons/assembly machines is where you need that boost in power. This happens for me in the blue science stage and nuclear isn't an option until the purple science stage. My worry was around the fact that Arboretums were the only good method to get this, but I think that trainwreck's response indicates he is going to look into making farm based power more in line with 0.16 balance which should make farm power another good way (an alternative to arboretums) to power your assemblers and beacons. I really don't think it is realistic to use green algae based power during the beacon/module stage.
When you have beacons you have blue science. So you can do nuclear. A wile back I posted a minimal and advanced nuclear setup for SeaBlock 0.16 that I think still works just the same.

I just checked the costs in 0.17 and for a minimal setup (no kovarex, fuel reclaiming or plutonium) you need nuclear-power, obviously, for 800 blue science, uranium processing for 200 blue science, advanced ore refining 3 for 50 blue science and ore leaching for 80 blue science. Overall 1130 red, green and blue science bulbs.

This is a straight water -> nuclear without any recycling, so quite inefficient. Kovarex, fuel reclaiming and plutonium gains you much more power later on. Even though here is what you need in factories to run 4 nuclear reactors 100% of the time for a total of 320MW (1GW with solar):
nuclear-factories.png
nuclear-factories.png (76.24 KiB) Viewed 6916 times
The 221 science labs give you nuclear power in one minute. So 4 labs will take about an hour if you can produce the bulbs. A lot of the buildings also are only 0.01 used. So scaling this up doesn't straight multiply the buildings. But one 4 reactors block is probably enough for a start to get you to purple science. The bigger problem I see is actually building the nuclear reactor, heat pipes, heat exchangers, turbines and centrifuges. They are expensive.

While I always thought nuclear was useless before kovarex from playing vanilla this is a bit different in SeaBlock. It's totally viable and compared to producing blue science in the first place quite trivial.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Lots of changes in the latest Angel's Mod updates. The things that directly break processing lines in my base:
  • Wood from cellulose paste is gone. Now wood (needed for advanced circuits) is available only from naptha and arboretums. You can still get wooden boards for basic circuits from wood or paper.
  • Mineral catalysts now use crystallizers instead of assemblers.
  • Carbon now uses steam or oxygen instead of CO2.
  • Mono silicon production is a little bit different.
Plus a couple of crashes from Sea Block that are easy to fix. Don't update until you're willing to rebuild a lot.

Other significant changes:
  • Angel's Bio now has its own charcoal that should be unified with Sea Block's version.
  • There's a slag recipe that works twice as quickly (so half the power and electrolyzers), using a catalyst made from carbon and steel. Geode processing will need a buff to stay competitive for ore production.
  • Tree processing now uses 1/10 as much iron since saw blades aren't always consumed.
  • Sodium hydroxide can now be changed to/from a liquid for transportation or voiding.

Defuso
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Defuso »

minno wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:06 am
Don't update until you're willing to rebuild a lot.
It broke my game. I need to redownload older versions of the mod pack to get factorio running again if I don't want to disable seablock... :(

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

minno wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:06 am
seablock is meant to be played in exact mod configuration, that is in modpack. updating mods to newer versions is not supported.

when @Trainwreck has time to update his pack to adopt changes, he will release new version of modpack.

jrscrube
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jrscrube »

FYI - I've posted this in Angel's bug report and am posting it here as I'm not sure which forum/author would fix it.

There appears to be a bug between the updated refining mod 10.9 and seablock 3.3.

Your updates to Petrochem, smelting and bio processing are working without a problem.

Error is as follows
Failed to load mods:__SeaBloack__/data-updates.lua:180: attempt to index field 'slag-processing' (a nil value) stack traceback:
__Seablock__/data-updates.lua:180: in main chunk

Mods to be disables:
-SeaBlock.

Thank you for your work on these great mods, it has unfortunately sucked hours of my life :D

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

You should read the post immediately above yours: (emphasis mine)
mexmer wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 am
seablock is meant to be played in exact mod configuration that is in modpack. updating mods to newer versions is not supported.

jrscrube
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jrscrube »

DaleStan wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:10 am
You should read the post immediately above yours: (emphasis mine)
mexmer wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:37 am
seablock is meant to be played in exact mod configuration that is in modpack. updating mods to newer versions is not supported.
Read it, I'm just flagging issues and am always interested in seeing what changes have been made by Trainwreck; Mexmer; Angel & Bob.

I generally only update mods when they resolve bugs and always keep the previous versions to ensure the modpack doesn't break/is unbalanced.

Return to “Mods”