[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.6

Post by live22morrow »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:What is he best way to produce power? I don’t really want to spam solar pannels, and don’t have access nuclear yet. I was looking into fuel oil from Angels bio processing, but with none of the dessert seeds seem good for that. Can you find other gardens than dessert? If not, what is the next best way to produce power? Thanks.
The best source of vegetable oil from desert farms will be pips from nilaubergine. Better than that though will be getting pips from quillnoa through temperate farms. You can find temperate gardens on the map after around 500 tiles from your starting position. And oil becomes super strong once you get enriched fuel from blue science, which effectively triples the fuel value of your oil.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.6

Post by minno »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:What is he best way to produce power? I don’t really want to spam solar pannels, and don’t have access nuclear yet. I was looking into fuel oil from Angels bio processing, but with none of the dessert seeds seem good for that. Can you find other gardens than dessert? If not, what is the next best way to produce power? Thanks.
I've been pretty successful with algae farms. With all tier-2 buildings and charcoal pellets I get a net of about 1 MW per algae farm. Admittedly I did go spam solar panels as soon as I could, so I only need 30% as much power overall.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.7

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.7 has been released. Check first post for details.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

now that we have the trees, can we have the boards for circuits 1 from the start? I feel like wood processing 3 is to late for that.
Also can we get a way to put blueprints with landfill and buildings in the water?
Last edited by ukezi on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raycn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by raycn »

So, I downloaded Sea Block Pack 0.2.6 and extracted all the mods to mod folder, but everytime I opened Factorio, my PC crash to BSOD screen with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I tried changing the version to stable 0.16.36 on Steam, but it still didn't work.

This is a low performance PC with Intel Pentium 2020M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB of RAM, and Radeon HD8750. I've played factorio on this PC since 0.15 and never had problem like this.

Sea Block worked when I was using 0.15.

Can somebody help? thanks

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

raycn wrote:So, I downloaded Sea Block Pack 0.2.6 and extracted all the mods to mod folder, but everytime I opened Factorio, my PC crash to BSOD screen with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I tried changing the version to stable 0.16.36 on Steam, but it still didn't work.

This is a low performance PC with Intel Pentium 2020M @ 2.4GHz, 6GB of RAM, and Radeon HD8750. I've played factorio on this PC since 0.15 and never had problem like this.

Try enabling the mods one-by-one until you get a configuration that crashes. Then, try enabling every mod except the last mod you disabled and anything that requires it and see if the crash comes back. That will let you know if a specific mod in the pack is causing the crash.

reinss
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by reinss »

After updating to 0.2.7 got this:
https://imgur.com/a/Yz1cPBL

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

raycn wrote:So, I downloaded Sea Block Pack 0.2.6 and extracted all the mods to mod folder, but everytime I opened Factorio, my PC crash to BSOD screen with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

this is most likely graphic driver issue, update your drivers to latest from AMD site.
other reason might be faulty HDD or memory, but since you can run fine with 0.15. might be graphic compatibility with 0.16, since there were changes in that.

also as minno suggested, start vanilla game, then add mods one by one, until it crashes. remove mod that crashed it, and continue with adding. it might be one mod, it might be several mods.

also you can try to enable Low VRAM mode in factorio graphic options. in 0.16 they added highres icons, and some mods already use them, so card with 2GB of VRAM or less migh have problems when multiple mods that contains own graphics are enabled.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I just wrote a fix for angels geodes resulting in the wrong amount. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_fix ... els_geodes

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Got details on what that fix does exactly? Is it necessary?

Also, what's the best way to update? I download, compare all the numbers manually, then replace those that need it. Is that the only way to make sure all the versions are right?

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

I'd say the easiest way is to delete all your mods and extract the new pack :)

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

mrbaggins wrote:Got details on what that fix does exactly? Is it necessary?

Also, what's the best way to update? I download, compare all the numbers manually, then replace those that need it. Is that the only way to make sure all the versions are right?
It's not exactly complex. The mod is only 7 lines long actually. It changes the recipe products for red and blue geodes from 150% chance for 1 (which does nothing) to 75% chance for 2. You could also change the two lines in water-treatment-recipes.lua in angelsrefining. Angel has also said that he'll include the fix in his next refining update, so you could also just wait for that.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I just don't like editing a mod. I did it for Pack 2.5 but with the new pack, I just did the little mod and be done with it. With angel you are never sure when he will update. The issue is known for weeks. And it took all of five minutes to do.

nezrel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nezrel »

There seems to be an issue after last update (0.2.7) where "Basic circuit board" can not be hand crafted if you have it's all base materials in inventory.

Having both "Alginic acid" and "Cellulose Fiber" in inventory allows you to craft "Cellulose Pulp" but not "Paper". Cellulose Pulp step needs to be done manually.

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

The last update has brought to my notice that none of the fluids seem to have fuel values in the game interface, is there a way to check the fuel value of fluids in game? I have a number of oil burning generators and oil boilers setup to keep my oil system from deadlocking when one of the products gets full, but I'm not sure if they make sense to use as I have them.
I'm now wondering:
  • Is liquid fuel better than fuel oil?
  • What's the efficiency of burning the various petrochem fluids vs the solid fuel items (especially solid fuel items made from petrochemical fluids)?
  • Are their other petrochemicals besides the fuel oil, liquid fuel, and naphtha that have fuel values and I can directly burn?

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

It isn't shown ingame, but here are the fuel values of all the fluids (just copy pasted this).

['liquid-fuel-oil'].fuel_value = '1.25MJ'
['light-oil'].fuel_value = '1.25MJ'
['liquid-fuel'].fuel_value = '1.25MJ'
['liquid-naphtha'].fuel_value = '0.625MJ'
['heavy-oil'].fuel_value = '0.625MJ'
['gas-methane'].fuel_value = '0.625MJ'
['petroleum-gas'].fuel_value = '0.625MJ'
['diesel-fuel'].fuel_value = '1.5MJ'

hydrazine also has a fuel value of '380KJ'.

As for the efficiency:

Oil burning generator is 40% efficient.
Oil burning generator 2 is 55%.
Oil burning generator 2 is 70%.
Hydrazine generator is 90%.
Diesel generator is 100%.

Gurior
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gurior »

hewhoispale wrote: [*]Is liquid fuel better than fuel oil?
[*]What's the efficiency of burning the various petrochem fluids vs the solid fuel items (especially solid fuel items made from petrochemical fluids)?
[*]Are their other petrochemicals besides the fuel oil, liquid fuel, and naphtha that have fuel values and I can directly burn?[/list]
Playing seablock 0.2.6 , fuel values came to my attention after my friend and I noticed that burning hydrogen in an oil boiler netted a ridiculus power SURPLUS.
I've made a spreadsheet yesterday comparing and balancing fuel values, by using conversion recipes to solid fuel as a baseline

This resulted in editing KS power in order to nerf several recipes to make them balanced (specifically, the amount of Hydrogen, liquid fuel, diesel and methane used by oil boiler per recipe were multiplied by 4)

But then i just saw the changelog to seablock 0.2.7 seeminly correcting some of those unbalances. I will give it a try. If there appear to still have some broken ways to make power, i'll post some calculations heres.

NeptuneJr2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NeptuneJr2 »

How do I get chrome? It is needed for processing units, and the only way to get it is from sorting ferrous crystals. These ferrous crystals need ferrous anode sludge, which needs cupric chloride solution (easy to get) and Ferrous essence. Ferrous essence requires ferrous solution, and the only way to acquire that is from a ferrous solution barrel, so there is no way. This is the only path I was able to find in FNEI to produce chrome. Is this a bug?

Also, I noticed that the technology of "Zinc Processing" unlocks brass pipes, gears etc, not the zinc stuff. This should probably be called brass processing. This might also be a bug, although it might be on angels side, not seablock's, but I thought I would put it here first.

nullvoid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nullvoid »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:How do I get chrome? It is needed for processing units, and the only way to get it is from sorting ferrous crystals. These ferrous crystals need ferrous anode sludge, which needs cupric chloride solution (easy to get) and Ferrous essence. Ferrous essence requires ferrous solution, and the only way to acquire that is from a ferrous solution barrel, so there is no way. This is the only path I was able to find in FNEI to produce chrome. Is this a bug?
Ferrous Solution is unlocked by Electro Refining, and is made in a Leaching Plant, which is unlocked by Chemical Refining.
You'll need Ferrous Ore Dust, Saphirite, Jivolite and Rubyte Crystals, and Sulphuric Acid

There is a bug in that FNEI, for whatever reason, doesn't show this recipe. Similarly, HelMod thinks this recipe is done in an Assembling Machine Mk1, and nothing else.

Return to “Mods”