[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
MINIMAN10000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by MINIMAN10000 »

Metuk wrote:Any idea on the eta for 0.16? I want to start a sea block run, but it seems foolish to start on 0.15 now.
I'm dying to play on a 0.16 multiplayer server because of how large of a factory I could play on because I couldn't keep up with the server. Seablock allowed me to with a much larger factory, and 0.16 has made be able to play with a much larger factory. I can't wait to see the combined power of both.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Metuk wrote:Any idea on the eta for 0.16? I want to start a sea block run, but it seems foolish to start on 0.15 now.
Current plans for 0.16:
Wait for angels refining, bioprocessing and petrochem to update.
I might add a hard dependency on KS_Power and use wind turbines instead of solar panels and accumulators in the startup equipment. So wait for a 0.16 version of that too.
Give me a few days after both of those have updated, maybe more if there are new changes/features in those mods that need adjustment.

There are a few other changes I'm planning that deserve some advance warning:
  • Remove nodule dissolution. This was disabled in baseline angels a several months ago. I've been re-enabling it in seablock, but it conflicts with the viability of manganese/chrome alloying.
  • Add CircuitProcessing mod. I hadn't noticed how cheap (resource wise) bob's circuits and modules are. This meant the end game SpaceX components which relied on e.g. 500x modules were cheaper than I expected. CircuitProcessing should fix this issue. It's quite a new mod, so could do with some more testing. I notice Bob just released 0.16 version of his mods, so I'll try to get a 0.16 version of CircuitProcessing released this evening.
  • Remove coal. Make wood bricks cook straight to coke. Rename coke to charcoal. This would have several follow on effects, requiring new oil synthesis recipes, and removing coal washing as a source of sulfur. Would need a new source of starting sulfur, I'm thinking of adding a hydrogen sulfide from viscous mud water byproduct. Not 100% sure I'll go ahead with this one, but the sillyness of double cooking of wood->coal->coke has been bugging me for a while.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Bobs mods have been updated. I will update my setup tonight and see if I can make a mod pack for those interested.

I don't promise everything works but I've started a new map in 0.16 and started to build a proper algae farm power plant. Having landfill take 4 times as much landfill as when carefully placing landfill in 0.15 really slowed me down. 1/4 the starting area to bootstrap production, 1/4 the expansion speed.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

0.16 seems to be getting good. Organic sulfur processing seems nice. Can't wait to play. How about adding some item burning flare stack?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

mrvn wrote:Bobs mods have been updated. I will update my setup tonight and see if I can make a mod pack for those interested.

I don't promise everything works but I've started a new map in 0.16 and started to build a proper algae farm power plant. Having landfill take 4 times as much landfill as when carefully placing landfill in 0.15 really slowed me down. 1/4 the starting area to bootstrap production, 1/4 the expansion speed.
Sorry for the delay. Every time I finish cleaning up my mods dir for a pack some mod gets an update and something breaks.

Eyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eyl »

Any updates when we're getting the 0.16 mod pack? I appreciate your last post said updates from other mods are breaking things?

eX_ploit
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eX_ploit »

Trainwreck wrote: Remove coal. Make wood bricks cook straight to coke. Rename coke to charcoal. This would have several follow on effects, requiring new oil synthesis recipes, and removing coal washing as a source of sulfur. Would need a new source of starting sulfur, I'm thinking of adding a hydrogen sulfide from viscous mud water byproduct. Not 100% sure I'll go ahead with this one, but the sillyness of double cooking of wood->coal->coke has been bugging me for a while.
That seems like a lot of changes with no benefit to it.

FreibierFred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FreibierFred »

So just that I got it right: Atm I cant install this mod with 0.16?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

As I understand, we're waiting for some of the core mods, like Angels Bioprocessing to update to 0.16.
We can also expect a fair amount of changes, since Angel is changing and optimizing his mods.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Very little remains for 0.16. The factorio version needs to be changed in info.json to 0.16, obviously. For any icon the icon_size parameter no longer defaults to 32 and must now be set.

I've included some fixes for ght-bluebuild because it is a live saver and JsonExtractor because I used that for debugging. Ignore them if you don't use them.

Apart from that I included two further changes. I made wooden rails use wood bricks instead of raw wood, which can't be produced due to lack of trees. And I changes the filtration unit and crystallizer to be build with tire 1 items. Having only 2 crystallizers until you have researched clay bricks and bronze pipes takes way too long. This restores the costs I had in 0.15 for filtration unit and crystallizer.

I've attached a diff of the changes and a tar file with the mods. Unpack the zips and apply the former or simply unpack the later to your mods directory.
Summary of remaining changes:

Code: Select all

A Sea Block Config_0.1.2/info.json                                          |    2 
 JsonExtractor_0.1.5/info.json                                               |    2 
 ScienceCostTweaker_0.15.5/info.json                                         |    2 
 ScienceCostTweaker_0.15.5/tweaks/newIntermediates/newintermediates.lua      |   39 ++++
 ScienceCostTweaker_0.15.5/tweaks/newIntermediates/newlabs.lua               |   13 +
 ScienceCostTweaker_0.15.5/tweaks/vanilla/0_initial.lua                      |   17 +
 SeaBlockMetaPack_0.15.0/info.json                                           |    2 
 SeaBlock_0.1.10/control.lua                                                 |   10 -
 SeaBlock_0.1.10/data-updates.lua                                            |   91 +++++++---
 SeaBlock_0.1.10/data.lua                                                    |   21 +-
 SeaBlock_0.1.10/info.json                                                   |    2 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/info.json                                         |    2 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/buildings/algae-farm.lua               |    6 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-algae-blue.lua    |    4 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-algae-brown.lua   |    5 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-algae-green.lua   |    7 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-algae-red.lua     |    5 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-alien.lua         |   29 +++
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/items/bio-processing-paste.lua         |   10 -
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-algae-blue.lua  |    3 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-algae-brown.lua |    3 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-algae-green.lua |   12 +
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-algae-red.lua   |    5 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-alien.lua       |   30 +++
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-entity-bob.lua  |    4 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-entity.lua      |    4 
 angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1/prototypes/recipes/bio-processing-paste.lua       |   10 -
 data-raw-prototypes_0.3.1/info.json                                         |    4 
 ght-bluebuild_0.1.10/control.lua                                            |    8 
 ght-bluebuild_0.1.10/info.json                                              |    4 
 30 files changed, 295 insertions(+), 61 deletions(-)
Attachments
patched-mods.tar.gz
patched mods
(4.14 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
patch.txt
Patch for 0.16 compatibility
(69.14 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

mrvn wrote: For any icon the icon_size parameter no longer defaults to 32
It never defaulted to 32 for any icon.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

nachoboy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nachoboy »

Looking forward to seeing a lot of balance changes! Beat my first run (and first time seriously using bob's and angel's) in 147 hours. Early game felt great with everything needing to be done, but end game was too much about spamming modules and getting those 2k+% crafters. I also noticed how useless geodes were... You get way too many of them for way too much output with gems especially because you can raw productivity 2 stages of gem crafting. i think i had around 70k polished sapphire and still roughly 300k blue geodes.

Overall definitely one of the best mod packs i've played even comparing it to FTB's packs from Minecraft. excited to see where you go with the pack!

Another thing i should say is that all of the raw modules from Bob's modules should be disabled. They are very very overpowered and cheap to build and i can say with confidence that the productivity and speed single handedly won me the game. It makes a grand difference when suddenly your ores crystalize at +80%, then sorted later for +120%, then you get to the casting for another +80% of a specific plate, then it gets put in a crafter to be made into a product for another +240%, then to another for +240% so on and so forth. Maybe i'll do a moduleless run at some point, but i thought that i would at least mention it.

TLDR: Geodes are too plentiful and raw modules are OP.

FreibierFred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FreibierFred »

Hello there :)

thank you forthe 0.16 version :)

I have two questions:

1) Longer reach mod and far reach mod dont work. They worked 2h ago then I updated some mods (I just updated all mods, not sure if they were sea block only mods). Sorry if this is very inaccurate but I dont have better information. I dont expect a "It will be fixed ASAP"...see this more as a friendly hint
2) Those 1000 landfills you start with are not really a lot now they fixed that landfill bug in 0.16. In 0.15 when you abused the system you could get x4 watertiles into land...now with 0.16 it is really only 1000. Maybe raise the amount a bit? (like x2 or x3?)
3) I started the game on marathon and honestly it seems a bit boring at the start. steel is very expensive and ressources are very limited. if I would not x10 the gamespeed permanently I would still sit there without a real base^^
Maybe balance this a bit?

Thanks for reading and special thanks for making this great mod!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Trainwreck wrote: [*]Remove coal. Make wood bricks cook straight to coke. Rename coke to charcoal. This would have several follow on effects, requiring new oil synthesis recipes, and removing coal washing as a source of sulfur. Would need a new source of starting sulfur, I'm thinking of adding a hydrogen sulfide from viscous mud water byproduct. Not 100% sure I'll go ahead with this one, but the sillyness of double cooking of wood->coal->coke has been bugging me for a while.[/list]
You get sulfuric waste water from lead ingots. But that needs some research. But do you really need it? The crystalization process produces more sulfur than it consumes. So if the starting chest had even just one or two sulfur inside you could bootstrap from that (but add at least 10 and check expensive recipes if they have a surplus too).

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

For those playing my 0.16 patches beware. You need Zinc ore to make brass, brass pipes to make a flotation cell (Hydro refining) and a flotation cell to make Zinc ore.

There seems to be some mix up in the tires. I changed the bricks and pipes fallbacks in angelsrefining/prototypes/recipe-builder-fallbacks.lua, shifting the tires by one. That restores the recipes for crystalizers, filtration unit, flotation cell, ore crusher III, ... back to .15 values. But I think some other stuff got cheaper that shouldn't have.

Let's see what Angel will say about the problem.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

mrvn wrote:
Trainwreck wrote: [*]Remove coal. Make wood bricks cook straight to coke. Rename coke to charcoal. This would have several follow on effects, requiring new oil synthesis recipes, and removing coal washing as a source of sulfur. Would need a new source of starting sulfur, I'm thinking of adding a hydrogen sulfide from viscous mud water byproduct. Not 100% sure I'll go ahead with this one, but the sillyness of double cooking of wood->coal->coke has been bugging me for a while.[/list]
You get sulfuric waste water from lead ingots. But that needs some research. But do you really need it? The crystalization process produces more sulfur than it consumes. So if the starting chest had even just one or two sulfur inside you could bootstrap from that (but add at least 10 and check expensive recipes if they have a surplus too).
You do need at least one way to bootstrap acid. (Sulfur from lead might be not be enough if you are already out of ore. Other recipes might also be a problem if they require ore/production/research of some type that is dependent on acid, and you don't have enough ore/materials stockpiled, and are out of acid). In my 0.15 seablock campaign I remember all production ground to a halt after I started building accumulators. Turns out the batteries had used all the acid that would normally have gone down the pipe for crystallizing ores as well as the buffer chest of sulphur I had stockpiled. In my case I started washing coal -> coke to restart crystallisation.

Since you are planning on removing coal, maybe burn bricks to charcoal, and then wash charcoal to coke and sulphuric acid waste water?

BobsGuns
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BobsGuns »

Are blueprints and deconstruction planner recipes disabled for balance reasons or are they disabled because they were causing some kind of bug? Does anyone know how to re enable those recipes? I want to rebuild my base on my seablock world, but trying to take apart all the spaghetti is daunting to say the least.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

FreibierFred wrote:Hello there :)
3) I started the game on marathon and honestly it seems a bit boring at the start. steel is very expensive and ressources are very limited. if I would not x10 the gamespeed permanently I would still sit there without a real base^^
Starting MARATHON mode and complaining it takes long? What next? Removing marathon mod as it is and adding new special snowflake mod that speeds up everything 10x and calling it marathon redux?

Get lost you unworthy pleb, normal game that way ->

FreibierFred
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FreibierFred »

cpy wrote:
Starting MARATHON mode and complaining it takes long? What next? Removing marathon mod as it is and adding new special snowflake mod that speeds up everything 10x and calling it marathon redux?

Get lost you unworthy pleb, normal game that way ->
If you would read my words again maybe?
I did not complain it takes long, I complained it is BORING. Even I am no native english speaker, I know there is a difference

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I understand what you mean, since 1 Iron Plate requires 5 crushed saphirite (instead of 2 for 3), which is huge difference. In early game, it means, just waiting for the resources to crystalize to build a minimal base. Since midgame, it starts to get more reasonable to play with marathon. An upside is, that you get more crushed stone for landfill.
Maybe, theres a mod to change to marathon mode during the playthrough?
If you are playing with CircuitProcessing, you might not want marathon mode at all, because it eats far more resources.

Return to “Mods”