[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.3

Post by Trainwreck »

MurkyOwl wrote:Hi,

We had an issue with FNEI crashing the server on our Seablock Multiplayer map.
Sea block pack 0.2.4 has been released. Check first post for details.
I believe the updated version of FNEI has fixed the above crash.

skipsinclair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.4

Post by skipsinclair »

Ok, kind of at a block here... (pun intended)

Just restarted a brand-new game with all updated 16.30 Factorio and fully updated mods. '

I'm at the "Laboratory" research spot, where i need to create a lab. The Lab requires four transport belts, which I now need eight tin plates to craft. But I can't create tin plates without getting bobmonium, which i can't get until I'm pretty far further down the tech tree (slag proc 1).

Am I missing something? I can provide a mod list if needed.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

There is currently the issue, that Bob has changed the recipe for standard transport belt to use tin plate in latest bobslogistics 0.16.13 from yesterday:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/boblogistics/downloads

I guess, it will be resolved in the next hours, but I don't know if the solution will be sufficient for seablock, since tin requires more unlocked tech here than just mechanical refinement

I think, the best is to stick with versions of the mods, which Trainwreck listed in the first post

Lezreth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lezreth »

For Factorio version 0.16.30 (build 36039)

When attempting to download the mod via the in game mod downloader, I am presented with the following error message:

Selected mod has no released version.

skipsinclair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skipsinclair »

jodokus31 wrote:There is currently the issue, that Bob has changed the recipe for standard transport belt to use tin plate in latest bobslogistics 0.16.13 from yesterday:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/boblogistics/downloads

I guess, it will be resolved in the next hours, but I don't know if the solution will be sufficient for seablock, since tin requires more unlocked tech here than just mechanical refinement

I think, the best is to stick with versions of the mods, which Trainwreck listed in the first post
Yeah, I'm having another problem currently with charcoal - with whatever newer version of the mods that I picked up, you can no longer smelt wood blocks, even though FNEI clearly states that you can go wood blocks -> charcoal in the stone furnace. "Wood blocks cannot be smelt" is the only thing that pops up... Guess I'll revert a few mods back to non-current versions.

skipsinclair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skipsinclair »

skipsinclair wrote:
Yeah, I'm having another problem currently with charcoal - with whatever newer version of the mods that I picked up, you can no longer smelt wood blocks, even though FNEI clearly states that you can go wood blocks -> charcoal in the stone furnace. "Wood blocks cannot be smelt" is the only thing that pops up... Guess I'll revert a few mods back to non-current versions.

OK.... is this a 16.30 thing? Even with ONLY the 2.4 mod pack installed, no other mods, I still get to the point of wood blocks not capable of being smelted... can anyone else confirm this for me? Again, just 16.30 plus Seablock 2.4 modpack, no other mods.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

There's a tech you need first to turn wood blocks into charcoal. I was playing SB today and it worked fine with the tech bought.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

There's currently an issue with the latest boblogistics where you are unable to craft the basic transport belts needed to build a lab. I'll aim to release a fixed version this weekend, figure I'll give Bob a few days to stabilize things after about seven boblogistics releases in the last two days.
The current version of the pack, 0.2.4, doesn't have this problem. It's using boblogistics_0.16.12 which doesn't have the lab or belt ingredient changes.

SoliddusWolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SoliddusWolf »

I'm currently running Factorio 0.16.3 with Sea Block Pack 0.2.4 and a work around I found for the laboratory research, I went digging in the mod files, specifically "...AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\SeaBlock_0.2.4" open the prototype folder then technology.lua in notepad++ or your favorite editor, then search for "transport-belt" there should only be one occurrence, then all you have to do is add basic in front of transport belt "basic-transport-belt", save the changes and exit out of the folder tree, that moves the basic transport belt recipe to the basic circuit board research, it does mess with the naming of the basic transport belt, but at least it makes it playable.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

The problem could be, that you are then stuck with grey belts, with no undergrounds and splitters. I would image, thats a rather long way until you get tin for yellow belts, undergrounds and splitters. Not impossible, but really cumbersome

innesm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by innesm »

Hi I have a quick question about an item that is craftable in Seablock - a kind of pump that I think is called bob-pump.

I can craft them, and place them, and power them, but they don't do anything - I tried wiring them to circuit network - not possible. Click on them and you get an empty "choose recipe" dialog. I assumed this was some kind of inline pump, but perhaps not.

Anyone know what it is supposed to do normally? Thanks.
Last edited by innesm on Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

The pump is a water bore which could give you free water from nothing. I suppose the recipes are disabled either from Bob's settings or from Sea Block.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

innesm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by innesm »

Ah okay thanks. - it's very misleading, as the building has an input and an output, but it generates output without needing an input? And it's just called a pump. For a fluid-generating building I would expect it to just have a single connector of output type. (this isn't a seablock pack issue, of course)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hmm there was also a barreling / unbarreling pump but this now can be solved with universal barreling in assemblers.

No matter what, if the recipe is disabled, it's just decoration.
You can check under settings -> mods if there is an option for Bob's water bore.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

dj_pschi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dj_pschi »

Hello Sir,

as you probably saw there was an update on Bob's Mods, especially on the logistics. Right now you need Tin Plates to make basic transporter belts and you need Basic Transporter Belts to make one Lab. Right now Seablock won't work with the new update. Just wanted to let you know, but I assume you probably know about it already :)

BR,

Pschi

Megatron
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.3

Post by Megatron »

mrvn wrote:Yesterday I've tried to build different power plants. The goal is to build something that is self contained. Needs no items from the outside and needs nothing taken out to keep running. Throwing some things into a clarifier or flare stack is acceptable (if not downright necessary) but the less the better. I also tried to stick to red/green science.

One thing I tried was to make crude oil and solid fuel from blue algae. But there is a problem: Blue algae need sulfuric waste water. And while the processing of the blue algae produces sulfuric waste water it doesn't produce enough to sustain a self contained power plant. And there doesn't seem to be any good way to produce sulfuric waste water. It's only produced in much more expensive processes like ore refining. A lot of the time they are loops too with little excess.

Is there some process that generates tons of sulfuric waste water for little cost that I'm missing or are blue algae (and therefore solid fuel) just totally unsuitable for a power plant?
I tried that. The only reasonable way to get sulfuric waste water is to make ethylene gas from sulfuric acid and ethanol, both of which you would need a lot. In the end processing crude oil to fuel isn't efficient anyway. Power production isn't anywhere near that of just making liquid fuel and enriched fuel blocks out of temperate farms, which is self sustained in my setup. And it's possible shortly after blue science, so I could directly go from coal pellets to enriched fuel blocks.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I think that is only possible with the green algae chain and later with atomic power. Or other bio farms.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.5

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.5 has been released. Check first post for details.
Only minor updates, keeping track of latest boblogistics changes.

If any forum moderators are reading this, can this thread be moved to the Mod Packs/Libs/Special Interest sub-forum?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

honestly this mod would benefit from a own subform. there is so much stuff, that is different about it from the base or even the bob'sangel's experience.

dj_pschi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dj_pschi »

Hello Trainwreck, Hello guys,

first: I need to second this that Seablock needs his own forum as Bob's and Angel's Mod.
secondly: The changes were actually needed and totally logically. Loving it how you develope this mod more and more. Tried already some test hour and loving it. Favourite mod is playable again. Yay :D

Keep on going with your good work.

BR,

Pschi

Return to “Mods”