[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Krowi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.6

Post by Krowi »

I'm trying to run SeaBlock 0.2.6 with some custom mods but when I try to place landfill the game freezes. I've located the troublesome mod and it's Bot Landfill_1.0.2. Does anyone else experienced this? Removing Bot Landfill_1.0.2 from my mods lets everything work without problems.

Here is my complete modlist:

A Sea Block Config_0.2.3
angelsaddons-oresilos_0.4.0
angelsaddons-petrotrain_0.3.2
angelsaddons-pressuretanks_0.3.0
angelsaddons-warehouses_0.3.0
angelsbioprocessing_0.5.6
angelspetrochem_0.7.8
angelsrefining_0.9.10
angelssmelting_0.4.3
bobassembly_0.16.1
bobelectronics_0.16.0
bobenemies_0.16.0
bobgreenhouse_0.16.0
bobinserters_0.16.7
boblibrary_0.16.5
boblogistics_0.16.19
bobmining_0.16.0
bobmodules_0.16.0
bobplates_0.16.3
bobpower_0.16.4
bobrevamp_0.16.2
bobtech_0.16.5
bobvehicleequipment_0.16.2
bobwarfare_0.16.6
Bot Landfill_1.0.2
Bottleneck_0.9.1
CircuitProcessing_0.1.1
creative-mode-fix_0.0.25
ElectricTrain_0.16.4
even-distribution_0.2.8
EvoGUI_0.4.302
Explosive Excavation_1.1.4
FNEI_0.1.5
folk-shuttle_0.1.13
Foreman_3.0.1
KS_Power_0.2.2
LandfillPainting_0.2.2
LoaderRedux_1.2.5
LogisticTrainNetwork_1.7.6
Nanobots_2.0.2
nixie-tubes_0.16.3
Noxys_Waterfill_0.0.13
Nuclear Fuel_0.1.3
PavementDriveAssist_2.1.6
reverse-factory_5.0.1
ScienceCostTweakerM_0.16.6
SeaBlockMetaPack_0.16.0
SeaBlock_0.2.6
ShinyAngelGFX_0.16.7
ShinyBobGFX_0.16.16
ShinyIcons_0.16.12
SpaceMod_0.3.4
Squeak Through_1.2.2
textplates_0.3.3
VehicleSnap_1.16.0
WaterWell_1.0.19

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Placing landfill with bots is possible with the mods in the pack.
You shouldn't need an extra mod for it.

I guess it clashes somehow with another mod like landfillpainting. If you enabled bug reports sent automatically to factorio devs, they may look into it, because a game freeze should not be possible with just mods.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

jodokus31 wrote:Placing landfill with bots is possible with the mods in the pack.
You shouldn't need an extra mod for it.
That is a 100% pure truth.
jodokus31 wrote:I guess it clashes somehow with another mod like landfillpainting. If you enabled bug reports sent automatically to factorio devs, they may look into it, because a game freeze should not be possible with just mods.
I am not sure whatever reports are send on a freeze - I think that it is done merely for crashes, freezes still must be reported manually (not sure whatever mod freezing game counts as a bug according to devs).

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

fiery_salmon wrote:
jodokus31 wrote:I guess it clashes somehow with another mod like landfillpainting. If you enabled bug reports sent automatically to factorio devs, they may look into it, because a game freeze should not be possible with just mods.
I am not sure whatever reports are send on a freeze - I think that it is done merely for crashes, freezes still must be reported manually (not sure whatever mod freezing game counts as a bug according to devs).
OK, maybe you are right and a report is not sent in case of freeze.

pensa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pensa »

I was using some spreadsheets to calculate my washing to geodes to ore system, and in the "Washing for geodes" recipe, the yields for blue and red it says the yield is 1.5. I was expecting this to mean guaranteed 1 geode + 50% odd of getting the second one, or even 3 geodes every 2 washes, however, it is always 1 geode produced. Is this intended or is a bug?

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

pensa wrote:I was using some spreadsheets to calculate my washing to geodes to ore system, and in the "Washing for geodes" recipe, the yields for blue and red it says the yield is 1.5. I was expecting this to mean guaranteed 1 geode + 50% odd of getting the second one, or even 3 geodes every 2 washes, however, it is always 1 geode produced. Is this intended or is a bug?
Its not a bug, i don't know the exact reason, i just remember someone telling me before its just the way factorio displays things like this.

EDIT: Sorry, I was misinformed. Please read posts below :oops:
Last edited by Cardoyle on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

pensa wrote:I was using some spreadsheets to calculate my washing to geodes to ore system, and in the "Washing for geodes" recipe, the yields for blue and red it says the yield is 1.5. I was expecting this to mean guaranteed 1 geode + 50% odd of getting the second one, or even 3 geodes every 2 washes, however, it is always 1 geode produced. Is this intended or is a bug?
That's because I might have been a bit stupid when I set it up, looking at the recipe again now:

Code: Select all

results=
		{
			{type="item", name="geode-blue", amount=1, probability=1.5},
			{type="item", name="geode-cyan", amount=1, probability=0.6},
			{type="item", name="geode-lightgreen", amount=1, probability=0.6},
			{type="item", name="geode-purple", amount=1, probability=0.75},
			{type="item", name="geode-red", amount=1, probability=1.5},
			{type="item", name="geode-yellow", amount=1, probability=1},
		},

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Arch666Angel wrote:
That's because I might have been a bit stupid when I set it up, looking at the recipe again now:

results=
		{
		},
Oh! Interesting, that changes things. I made the same assumptions as above, this explains a lot. I assume it's getting fixed :)

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

Arch666Angel wrote:

results=
		{
		},
Does a probability > 1 do anything?

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Running the washer over 100 cycles, the blue red and yellow geodes are all 100 every time. There probably does need to be some adjustment at some point, since looking at the crystal dust/slurry recipes, there seems to be an assumption that the washer will produce more red and blue geodes than yellow, which isn't the case right now.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

probability over 1 is useless, you can''t have more than 100% probability (eg. 1)
so it's correct behavior, just 1.5 value (eg. 150%) is misleading.

system doesn't interpret it as 100% + 50%, it just caps it at 100%

pensa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pensa »

Arch666Angel wrote:

results=
		{
		},
Yea, i checked the source code and also found this line...
i assume

results=
		{
			{type="item", name="geode-blue", amount=1, probability=1},
			{type="item", name="geode-blue", amount=1, probability=0.5},
			{type="item", name="geode-red", amount=1, probability=1},
			{type="item", name="geode-red", amount=1, probability=0.5},
		}

would fix it, right?
kinda like how the seed duplication works?

Thank you for the quick response, Angel :D :D :D :D

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

@Trainwreck

Have you considered removing "Adjustable inserters" from modpack? At least for me game is better without them: more interesting challenge, less cluttered interface, lower risk of inserters that were modified by accident.

Aboba
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Aboba »

@trainwreck

The latest Angel's Petrochem update has broken Sulfur production using the Sodium process. It's now net 0 sulfuric acid to run the whole cycle.

Angel's Petrochem > Prototypes > Recipes > petrochem-Sulfur.lua

Between 0.7.7 and 0.7.8

Line 95 (Input Sulfur Dioxide) increased from 60 to 90
Line 100 (Output Sulfuric Acid) increased from 50 to 60

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

The change also make the charcoal fitering loop a negative process. Filtering 50 slurry now gives 10 sulfuric acid instead of 12.5. And the HCl recipe was made much more expensive for sulfur as well.

Teawa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Teawa »

Hello,
is there any chance Sea Block to make some modpack with Pyanodons and Mad Clown? I can't get it to work properly and if I'm able to finally play with these mods enabled, I can't craft burner mining drill which is part of some basic Pyanodons buildings.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

fiery_salmon wrote:@Trainwreck

Have you considered removing "Adjustable inserters" from modpack? At least for me game is better without them: more interesting challenge, less cluttered interface, lower risk of inserters that were modified by accident.
No plans for this. Would be an interesting challenge, could enable bob's inserter overhaul also. But I don't consider adjustable inserters to be overpowered enough to consider removing.

I'm glad Angel fixed those excess sulfur byproduct recipes. With latest petrochem charcoal filtering is now exactly sulfur neutral. It was previously slightly sulfur positive, so that's not a major change. The changes also mean more oxygen is consumed when converting sulfur to sulfuric acid.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote:

No plans for this. Would be an interesting challenge, could enable bob's inserter overhaul also. But I don't consider adjustable inserters to be overpowered enough to consider removing.

I'm glad Angel fixed those excess sulfur byproduct recipes. With latest petrochem charcoal filtering is now exactly sulfur neutral. It was previously slightly sulfur positive, so that's not a major change. The changes also mean more oxygen is consumed when converting sulfur to sulfuric acid.
If using bobs inserters overhaul, also the belts overhaul could be used. Now there is a grey splitter and underground. (The underground length can also be adjusted in settings to add 2+ per tier). Both overhauls are using the same materials for each tier and look quite nice imho. There is no long handed inserter, which makes the adjustable inserter mandatory here. I also use adjustable inserter only for long handed and sometimes extra long handed. But not those round the corner and near inserter shenanigans.

Regarding sulfur. It seems, that my geodes to mineral sludge now need some additional sulfur, but i need to look into it deeper. Before, I had too much sulfur products, if I don't clarify or flare anything.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Trainwreck wrote:

Coal filtering should be slightly sulfur positive, so that's something I have to adjust, but it will be a minor thing with +5 waste or something, have to check the numbers first.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Trainwreck wrote:

Thanks for reply! Note for other strongly disliking adjustable inserters: in my experience it is safe to delete "adjustable inserters" mod, also in a running game.

Return to “Mods”