[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Leapepe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.6

Post by Leapepe »

Now every dependancy is compatible. ScienceModTweaker was updated 8 hs ago and my save is working. Thanks to everyone!

SuperTux88
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SuperTux88 »

I updated all mods to the newest versions to I could upgrade factorio to 0.18.29. But now (with new angels mod) the "Electro Whinning Cell" Recipe isn't available anymore, which is needed to create "Ferrous Anode Sludge" which (via many steps) is the only way to create chrome, which is needed for black chips. And without black chips you can't build a rocket (and many other things), so you can't win the game anymore with latest mods.

It was researched with the "Electro Refining" Tech:
2020-06-02_23-03.png
2020-06-02_23-03.png (73.56 KiB) Viewed 7024 times

But now it's missing:
2020-06-02_23-04.png
2020-06-02_23-04.png (67.13 KiB) Viewed 7024 times

Is this a bug with the new versions of angels mods (which should enable "Electro Whinning Cell" when Chrome is enabled)? Or is this a bug of the "Circuit Processing" Mod which adds the black chips which enables Chrome but should also enable the "Electro Whinning Cell" now? Or should the SeaBlock mod fix this?

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

SuperTux88 wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:14 pm
I updated all mods to the newest versions to I could upgrade factorio to 0.18.29. But now (with new angels mod) the "Electro Whinning Cell" Recipe isn't available anymore, which is needed to create "Ferrous Anode Sludge" which (via many steps) is the only way to create chrome, which is needed for black chips. And without black chips you can't build a rocket (and many other things), so you can't win the game anymore with latest mods.

It was researched with the "Electro Refining" Tech:
2020-06-02_23-03.png

But now it's missing:
2020-06-02_23-04.png

Is this a bug with the new versions of angels mods (which should enable "Electro Whinning Cell" when Chrome is enabled)? Or is this a bug of the "Circuit Processing" Mod which adds the black chips which enables Chrome but should also enable the "Electro Whinning Cell" now? Or should the SeaBlock mod fix this?
I've fixed this for the next update of bioprocessing (tomorrow or friday will have the release).
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

evandy wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:50 am
Leapepe wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:34 am
The only mod that conflicts for me now is the ScienceTweaker. There is already a master update in github, but no update in the mod portal. Neither i know how to update it manually, its only changing "bio-farm-1" to "bio-farm", but when i make the change and relaunch, factorio doesn't read the mod.
did you delete the *.zip file after you unzipped the mod?
No. I edited the file inside the zip, that way it just gets replaced whenever the mod gets an official update.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.7

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.7 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-6-6, version 0.4.7:
  • Update mods to latest versions.

Zengief
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zengief »

I just tried to use only this mod and its direct dependencies with the latest steam stable (17.79 i think) and I was getting an error:
data-updates.lua:626: in main chunk

Do I need to use one of the more recent experiment factorio betas or is this a different issue?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Zengief wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:20 pm
I just tried to use only this mod and its direct dependencies with the latest steam stable (17.79 i think) and I was getting an error:

Do I need to use one of the more recent experiment factorio betas or is this a different issue?
Yeah, it's for the latest experimental. If you're using 17.79, you can download the version for that (0.3.8) at the bottom of the first post.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Zengief
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zengief »

Jap2.0 wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 pm
Zengief wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Yeah, it's for the latest experimental. If you're using 17.79, you can download the version for that (0.3.8) at the bottom of the first post.
Thank you!

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Hello,

I'm hoping to run a bobs/angels seablock game, but I enabled the new components/technolgy options on Angels Industries (never played with them before, not sure how new they are), and I'm not able to even start the game because I need gears to make an offshore pump?

Is seablock supposed to work with the angels industries components/technology pieces enabled?

EDIT: To add further detail, it looks like I have 96 iron sticks in my inventory, but an FNEI search shows that I need iron rods to be able to craft anything.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Crixomix wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:05 am
Hello,

I'm hoping to run a bobs/angels seablock game, but I enabled the new components/technolgy options on Angels Industries (never played with them before, not sure how new they are), and I'm not able to even start the game because I need gears to make an offshore pump?

Is seablock supposed to work with the angels industries components/technology pieces enabled?

EDIT: To add further detail, it looks like I have 96 iron sticks in my inventory, but an FNEI search shows that I need iron rods to be able to craft anything.
angels components is pretty new still i doubt seablocks is up to date on those changes

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:51 am

angels components is pretty new still i doubt seablocks is up to date on those changes
Hmm.

Do you think it'd be possible to manually force my way through with console commands when necessary through the early game? What all does seablock change other than the early stages of getting ore? Do you think components will work fine once I get to the seablock stage where I can access all the ores and stuff? Or will it be messed up? Like will I need coal ore and not be able to get it? The trouble here is I just don't know enough about angels components.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm
kingarthur wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:51 am

Hmm.

Do you think it'd be possible to manually force my way through with console commands when necessary through the early game? What all does seablock change other than the early stages of getting ore? Do you think components will work fine once I get to the seablock stage where I can access all the ores and stuff? Or will it be messed up? Like will I need coal ore and not be able to get it? The trouble here is I just don't know enough about angels components.
Components are required to build buildings, so I would expect that you do not have enough starting resources to get yourself up and running, assume that you would have enough, the tech tree might be somewhat broken with the changes that trainwreck is doing... I hope trainwreck would support industries somewhere in the future.

However, keep in mind that the components (and science mode) are still very experimenal, and the components do not work well together with bob mods yet, so I fully understand why it is not in the seablock modpack just yet. Angels mods need to focus first into full bob compatibility before thinking about including it in a pack. However, with the default settings (no components, nor tech) it should be more or less possible. It will add some changes to nuclear power and will add the angels bots, which can be useful early game, at the cost of some extra power consumption.

At least that's what I think of it.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Components are required to build buildings, so I would expect that you do not have enough starting resources to get yourself up and running, assume that you would have enough, the tech tree might be somewhat broken with the changes that trainwreck is doing... I hope trainwreck would support industries somewhere in the future.

However, keep in mind that the components (and science mode) are still very experimenal, and the components do not work well together with bob mods yet, so I fully understand why it is not in the seablock modpack just yet. Angels mods need to focus first into full bob compatibility before thinking about including it in a pack. However, with the default settings (no components, nor tech) it should be more or less possible. It will add some changes to nuclear power and will add the angels bots, which can be useful early game, at the cost of some extra power consumption.

At least that's what I think of it.
Right, but I'm fine with cheating for the early game stuff that I "need" until I am "up and running".

What do you mean about trainwreck? Is seablock changing more stuff than it did before?

Also what do you mean about components not working well together with bobs mods? Just trying to get as much info as I can before I decide what kind of game run I'm gonna do. Thanks!

Cause to your point about angels industries, I've done seablock angelbobs (including angels industries) runs before (back before AI components/technology were a thing), and they worked great!

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:37 pm
What do you mean about trainwreck? Is seablock changing more stuff than it did before?
For example in science mode, the changes seablock makes to the tech tree, most obvious example is the early game technology, might not go well with the science overhaul angels is performing
Also what do you mean about components not working well together with bobs mods? Just trying to get as much info as I can before I decide what kind of game run I'm gonna do. Thanks!
It's just an angel thing, that components do not work well yet with bobs mods, it is mainly focussed on angels only as of now, but we'll add compatibility in the future for sure.
Cause to your point about angels industries, I've done seablock angelbobs (including angels industries) runs before (back before AI components/technology were a thing), and they worked great!
I do wanna note that only adding industries into the mix will work as expected, it's only when you enable the component and tech overhaul that you might run into some issues as I described before. I'm not saying you can't do it...

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:06 pm
For example in science mode, the changes seablock makes to the tech tree, most obvious example is the early game technology, might not go well with the science overhaul angels is performing
It's just an angel thing, that components do not work well yet with bobs mods, it is mainly focussed on angels only as of now, but we'll add compatibility in the future for sure.
I do wanna note that only adding industries into the mix will work as expected, it's only when you enable the component and tech overhaul that you might run into some issues as I described before. I'm not saying you can't do it...
Gotcha. Well thank you for the input! I think I'll go without components/technology for now. Maybe wait for another few patches and maybe for when it's more happily compatible with bobs. :)

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

I have some balance thoughts on my current playthrough of seablock (running with full angelbobs, angel industries components/technology is disabled)

The "better" green algae is actually worse at tier 1, which is a frustrating concept, and I believe it should be more power efficient.

Here's the second way you get to create green algae. You can see it costs 1.7MW to create 1.28 charcoal per sec, with just water as an input.

Here's the basic, first way you have to create green algae. You can see it only costs 1.5MW AND it also creates some brown algae for you. I know it produces more than you need and it's kinda annoying, but it's not purely a downside.

I realize that the space requirements are slightly lower, as you go from 10 down to 3 algae farms. but needing to add 3 electrolysers PLUS all the logistics infrastructure to move around the extra pieces for mineralized water and carbon dioxide, mean that this technology upgrade is actually a downgrade.

I think reducing the mineralized water requirement would be the biggest help to this recipe. I think it shouldn't be less power efficient at a higher tier of technology. Obviously once you get electrolyser 2, all of these ratios change, but that's a long ways down the road when you're at science 1 in the beginning stages.

Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 313337 »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to start a new Seablock Game.

I've tested every Factorio Version from 18.28 to 18.31 with the latest version of seablock (0.4.5) and it would always show me this error. 0.4.5 is the Version of Seablock that i get when i download the latest Version from the mod menu in the game, and the Version from page 1 of this thread. Even tho it says the Version of Seablock should be 0.4.7

Am i missing something?

Psyramics
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psyramics »

Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 am
I have some balance thoughts on my current playthrough of seablock (running with full angelbobs, angel industries components/technology is disabled)

The "better" green algae is actually worse at tier 1, which is a frustrating concept, and I believe it should be more power efficient.

Here's the second way you get to create green algae. You can see it costs 1.7MW to create 1.28 charcoal per sec, with just water as an input.

Here's the basic, first way you have to create green algae. You can see it only costs 1.5MW AND it also creates some brown algae for you. I know it produces more than you need and it's kinda annoying, but it's not purely a downside.

I realize that the space requirements are slightly lower, as you go from 10 down to 3 algae farms. but needing to add 3 electrolysers PLUS all the logistics infrastructure to move around the extra pieces for mineralized water and carbon dioxide, mean that this technology upgrade is actually a downgrade.

I think reducing the mineralized water requirement would be the biggest help to this recipe. I think it shouldn't be less power efficient at a higher tier of technology. Obviously once you get electrolyser 2, all of these ratios change, but that's a long ways down the road when you're at science 1 in the beginning stages.
It's already been reduced, down to 80 from 100. Also, the craft speed has been decreased and the craft tieme increased Green Algae from Min. water has been vastly improved.

In any case, the benefit is not having to deal with brown algae anymore.

Also, check out the slag recipes that use electrodes. They are insaaaane.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

According to this bug report, it seems like seablock is swapping the thermal extractor to an assembling machine/furnace, which is logical for it's use case. However, with the latest release, a thermal bore was introduced with a slower crafting speed. In seablock both have a crafting speed of 1, while in angels, the bore has an extraction speed of 0.75 and the extractor has an extraction speed of 2.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

I recently had a bug report on angels forums, saying silicon processing cannot be researched as the prerequisite chemical processing 2 is disabled. It's seablock that is disabling this, hence seablock has to remove the prerequisite on the silicon processing tech.
MrRozdor wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:11 am
I'm unable do research silicon processing:
https://i.imgur.com/wHMBB17.jpg

It requires chemical-processing-2 that is disabled for the player force, however its prototype is enabled.
I didn't find the exact cause of it, but I assume it's one of Angel's mods since it changes bob's mods, or it may be caused by migrations.
Can someone help me?

Return to β€œMods”