clean mods. start factorio, no problem. exit
redownload Sea Block, unzip into mods, restart, same error

Please advise.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.6

Post by slay_mithos »

There are quite a few problems that appear from your log.

The first is that you have factorio 0.18.10 but the pack is based on 0.18.18.

The second is that you have quite a few extra mods (the pack only contains 30 mods) and apparently not all of the ones from the pack (bob's technologies or "bobtech" in the mod name for example).

I am not entirely certain but this is most likely due to your factorio version being old and mods that are "missing" requiring a version of the game higher (bobtech requires at least 0.18.13 for example).

So your first steps would be update the game, re-enable the mods and see if it works.
Given the amount of extra mods you might want to double check that they are all compatible with the latest version of the game as well.

23johnw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Landfill brown colour not sand.

Post by 23johnw »

You tube video show landfill as sand, but mine is brown I can see an option to change colour?

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

slay_mithos wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:32 pm
There are quite a few problems that appear from your log.

The first is that you have factorio 0.18.10 but the pack is based on 0.18.18.

The second is that you have quite a few extra mods (the pack only contains 30 mods) and apparently not all of the ones from the pack (bob's technologies or "bobtech" in the mod name for example).

I am not entirely certain but this is most likely due to your factorio version being old and mods that are "missing" requiring a version of the game higher (bobtech requires at least 0.18.13 for example).

So your first steps would be update the game, re-enable the mods and see if it works.
Given the amount of extra mods you might want to double check that they are all compatible with the latest version of the game as well.
ya, thanks. am downloading newer experimental build. pretty sure that's it.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Ya, i think 0.4.6 is incompatible with 18.10

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

That's why the first post was updated when 0.4.5 was released to state 0.18.18 as the game's version, which can be easy to miss if you didn't follow the thread and just saw that the pack had an update.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:42 pm
That's why the first post was updated when 0.4.5 was released to state 0.18.18 as the game's version, which can be easy to miss if you didn't follow the thread and just saw that the pack had an update.
I saw tested with, but i did not see requires, and all the last versions worked fine with 18.10
but, now we know it is incompatible with 18.10

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Basically, 0.18.13 broke a few of bob's mods since it changed logistic/trash slots and removed the vanilla technologies that increased logistics and trash slots.
So as far as bob's mods are concerned, up to 0.18.12 and 0.18.13+ are completely separate versions since the mods for one can't be used for the other (both ways).

And of course all of the mods that are based on bob's mods that are impacted by this also followed this.
Only the people that follow the latest news and frequently check for game and mod updates would know about that so unless you auto-update the game you wouldn't be aware of this (the steam version is fairly good in that aspect since it has the option to auto-update your game and it shows you the FFF and update logs when they are published so it's easier to be kept updated).

For the pack, "Tested-With-Factorio-Version" more or less means "if you are using a different version and things don't work properly your first step should be to get this specific version of the game and of the mods".
You can try to run it with a different version but most of the problems will probably come from the differences between versions (like it happened to you).

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Basically, 0.18.13 broke a few of bob's mods since it changed logistic/trash slots and removed the vanilla technologies that increased logistics and trash slots.
So as far as bob's mods are concerned, up to 0.18.12 and 0.18.13+ are completely separate versions since the mods for one can't be used for the other (both ways).

And of course all of the mods that are based on bob's mods that are impacted by this also followed this.
Only the people that follow the latest news and frequently check for game and mod updates would know about that so unless you auto-update the game you wouldn't be aware of this (the steam version is fairly good in that aspect since it has the option to auto-update your game and it shows you the FFF and update logs when they are published so it's easier to be kept updated).

For the pack, "Tested-With-Factorio-Version" more or less means "if you are using a different version and things don't work properly your first step should be to get this specific version of the game and of the mods".
You can try to run it with a different version but most of the problems will probably come from the differences between versions (like it happened to you).
Excellent info. Thanks
I think it should be added to the first post that 13+ ia probably needed

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

nOObe wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 am
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Excellent info. Thanks
I think it should be added to the first post that 13+ ia probably needed
bobingabout can simply update the mods to make earlier versions incompatible.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

That's exactly what he did and what caused nOObe's problem.

And nOObe, the first post does have that information when it states 0.18.18, I don't know what meaning you give to that "Tested-With-Factorio-Version" line but it is trainwreack telling us that the pack was made for that version.
Your specific error was with bob but it is not that unlikely that other mods require a specific version or higher.

For example the version of the pack you played recommended 0.18.10 because some of angel's mods required that version or higher to work.
Also, Bob warfare requires 0.18.16 (and not .13).

So technically you could play it with 0.18.16 if you wanted to, after investigating each mod's requirements but trainwreack decided to say 0.18.18 since it's the latest version at the time and the mods work well in that version.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm

And nOObe, the first post does have that information when it states 0.18.18, I don't know what meaning you give to that "Tested-With-Factorio-Version" line but it is trainwreack telling us that the pack was made for that version.
Meh
Thanks for your help, but "Tested-With" in no way mean requires.
But, really thats a boring discussion.

Interestingly, if a mod requires 18.10, and one of it's required dependence requires 18.16, what does the mod loader do?

What should it do?

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

That's because it doesn't technically "requires" 0.18.18 but you are right, it's not the same term.
It still means that if you don't want any potential problems you should play with that version of the game.

What the mod loader does depends on the game's version (since mods require ">=" and not one specific version and no other unless there is something very specific about that version).
If it's 0.18.16 or above, everything loads normally, if it's between .10 and .15 it will disable the one that requires .16.
If the mod requiring the mod that required .18 is not set with an optional require it is supposed to get disabled as well, which is why your log had a lot more mods from the pack missing than just the ones requiring .13 and .16.

At least this is the theory, sometimes things don't enable or disable properly for some reason (I have seen mods with dependencies missing that were still marked as enabled in the mod list but not appearing as enabled in the log or in the content for example).
What happened in your case was either mods not being loaded but also not being completely disabled or science cost tweaker having messed up its conditions and trying to reference an item in one spot without checking if the mod adding it was enabled (both are possible and I don't want to check every single file from science cost tweaker to know for sure).

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.4

Post by evandy »

jlozen85@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:00 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 am
jlozen85@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:51 am
evandy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:41 am

Could you post or PM me the details of this 1-line fix? I can edit a file but GitHub is beyond me.
Go to your factorio mods folder and unzip angels petrochem.

Click on that link above, then click on "Files Changed"

You can ignore the changelog (stating what has changed). The other one will tell you which file, and where in the file, and the code to copy & paste in. You can skip the "if" checking for whether Bob is installed (it is for seablock), or just take the whole 3-line "safe" change with no issues.
I was going to attempt to "self patch" this as well, but my "angelspetrochem_0.9.6\prototypes\petrochem-global-override.lua" is only 256 lines total so i'm not sure where this change needs to go.
This fix is/was for angelspetrochem_0.9.3. The 0.9.6 you seem to be using should not need it.
I just pulled a fresh download of "SeaBlockPack_0.4.5.zip" and still have the same salt issue. I still cannot make lithium ion batteries due to needing salt to make salt.
Unfortunately, after Angel fixed it, bob broke it again. Fix supposedly coming in (yet another newer) version of Angels Petrochem. According to the Angels mods on github, the patch is here if you want to change manually (again):
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/co ... 6cec116f80

Be warned, this one is a much bigger change

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Those changes were released in 0.9.7 and the pack version 0.4.6 contains it, did it get broken once more since then?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Meh

Interestingly, if a mod requires 18.10, and one of it's required dependence requires 18.16, what does the mod loader do?

What should it do?

It disables the dependency and then it disables the mod because it's lacking depends.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:18 pm
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Meh

What should it do?

It disables the dependency and then it disables the mod because it's lacking depends.
interesting. that seems to suggest there is a problem with the declared depends, no?

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Heads up! Another Factorio update broke Bob's mods.

Guess I'm reverting a version until it's fixed :)

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

I am about two weeks into my factory and the one huge issue I have with the mod is that tech prerequisite are often really oddly placed you often get the ability to make something but you don't have the parts to make it.

Like I got the ability to make a filtration unit mk2 for 50 red and green science but needs processing units (blue chips) to make and I don't get them until advance electronics 2 which is 300 blue science.
-Same with crystalizer 2

From my run this has happened for a pretty large majority for techs.

Mur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mur »

Mur wrote: ↑
Mon May 04, 2020 9:54 am
I am about two weeks into my factory and the one huge issue I have with the mod is that tech prerequisite are often really oddly placed you often get the ability to make something but you don't have the parts to make it.

Like I got the ability to make a filtration unit mk2 for 50 red and green science but needs processing units (blue chips) to make and I don't get them until advance electronics 2 which is 300 blue science.
-Same with crystalizer 2

From my run this has happened for a pretty large majority for techs.
I found one issue with this issue an addon mod "Circuit processing" that was messing up a few of the recipes but I still think the tech tree needs one over to ensure that pre-reqs are being handled.

Return to β€œMods”