[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Episode922
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.3

Post by Episode922 »

hi all.
I try to discover this mod but have issue.
i m playing with version 0.18.9 of factorio and i get this message :

"Failed to load mods :__SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua639 : attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback :
__Seablock__/data-updates.lua 639 : in main chunk

SeaBlock is the only mod enable with dependencies automatic enables when i select sea block.

Is there something i made wrong ?

EDIT : issue solved. it seems i can t install this mod inside the game s mod interface. Not all files are present. i download the archive with the link in the op and all is fine.

blankdiploma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by blankdiploma »

Does Platinum really have no use whatsoever in Seablock? That seems kind of... strange?

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.1

Post by kenlon »

NacNud wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:37 am
Can you share specifically what you edited so that those less savvy with mod editing can do this as well? 😁
Unzip angelsbioprocessing_0.7.3.zip.
Go into angelsbioprocessing_0.7.3/prototypes/recipes.
Edit bio-processing-algae.lua.
The recipe you want to edit is the one that includes this line:
name = "algae-green-simple"

Remove the line that mentions brown algae.

Profit.

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Heads up, 18.0.10 broke Bobs burner mod.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.4

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.4 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-3-4, version 0.4.4:
  • Update bobpower for factorio 0.18.10

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Something has changed with the Circuit icons in Trainwreck's Circuit processing mod. I now have two different "green circuit"s - one is Bob's Electronic Logic Board, and the other is the Electronic Circuit. This is probably an interaction with ShinyBob's which updates a bunch of his icons to be congruent with the base game, but this was fine until just recently, so something changed here. Seems to be related to circuit processing 0.3.1 vs 0.3.0... I will try to regress just that mod and confirm

EDIT: Just reloaded after disabling ShinyBob and no change from there. Downgrading to Circuit Processing 0.3.0 and the icons are fine. I don't see anything in Trainwreck's changelog indicating a change in the icons, but definitely an issue with CP 0.3.1 patch...
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.26.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.26.24 PM.png (31.23 KiB) Viewed 7108 times

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Red Algae broken in 0.4.4. This seems to be a result of Angel's introduction of Lithia Salt, which does not completely replace Lithium Chloride. Brown Algae produces Lithia Salt, which is unusable. With Bob's pumps disabled we can not produce Lithium Chloride, which means we can not produce Thermal Water, which means we can not produce red algae at all (or anything derived from it).

I have reported it on Angel's GitHub, hopefully they will accept the bug, but if they don't then Seablock will have to fix it.

footumch
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by footumch »

evandy wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:36 pm
Red Algae broken in 0.4.4. This seems to be a result of Angel's introduction of Lithia Salt, which does not completely replace Lithium Chloride. Brown Algae produces Lithia Salt, which is unusable. With Bob's pumps disabled we can not produce Lithium Chloride, which means we can not produce Thermal Water, which means we can not produce red algae at all (or anything derived from it).

I have reported it on Angel's GitHub, hopefully they will accept the bug, but if they don't then Seablock will have to fix it.
Lithium batteries is broken in the same way.

IE Brown Algae produces lithia salt (lithium Chloride), however you need lithium Chloride to make lithium and hence batteries.
There's currently no way to make Lithium Chloride in sea block..

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

footumch wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 am
evandy wrote:

IE Brown Algae produces lithia salt (lithium Chloride), however you need lithium Chloride to make lithium and hence batteries.
If you want to unzip Angel's petrochem, it's a 1-line fix. I have submitted a PR for it over at Angel: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/76

I expect it to be included in the next version of Angel once they have a chance to test &merge, but you can run with it now if you need to.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

evandy wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 am
footumch wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 am
evandy wrote:

If you want to unzip Angel's petrochem, it's a 1-line fix. I have submitted a PR for it over at Angel: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/76

I expect it to be included in the next version of Angel once they have a chance to test &merge, but you can run with it now if you need to.
Could you post or PM me the details of this 1-line fix? I can edit a file but GitHub is beyond me.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:41 am
evandy wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 am

Could you post or PM me the details of this 1-line fix? I can edit a file but GitHub is beyond me.
Go to your factorio mods folder and unzip angels petrochem.

Click on that link above, then click on "Files Changed"

You can ignore the changelog (stating what has changed). The other one will tell you which file, and where in the file, and the code to copy & paste in. You can skip the "if" checking for whether Bob is installed (it is for seablock), or just take the whole 3-line "safe" change with no issues.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Worked OK, Thanks!

Rexoa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rexoa »

Hello. I've been playing this modpack for a long while now and it's an amazing experience. Does anyone/the modder know if there will be more platinum products or other plates like cobalt in later patches?

I'm at the stage where I'm just planning a bunch of layouts and I'm not sure what's going to be used or not. I might try to make one that can be expandable, but I sort things in a weird way and I would have to slide things over a bunch.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:18 pm
Worked OK, Thanks!
Fix was merged into dev branch of Angel's so should be fixed with the next release.

davetripd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davetripd »

The heavy mud recipe in extended angels is still broken (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/extendeda ... 000b224792)

To expand a litter further on the previous post about the Circuit Processing mod. Not sure if its a bug or a feature but the progressing doesn't make sense. The assembly machines and buildings use the green - red - blue - black circuit progression that I believe was introduced with the mod which is great. The process to build them however, uses a combination of both which seems wrong.

To make the new blue chips (Processing Unit) requires the new red (advanced circuit) but the old green (electronic logic board) instead of the new green (electronic circuit).

(Green) Electronic logic board has no in game use EXCEPT making (blue) processing units. The (blue) electronic processing board has no use, buildings require (blue) processing unit. Both the green electronic logic board and the blue processing unit require about the same level of tech (gold and titanium respectively) instead of increasing from one to the next.

Hope that makes sense, I think the new green should progress into the new blue and the original chips can be removed from the crafting menu, that or it would be great to have two paths to make the same chip. Either increased resource usage with the new chips or increased complexity and ores with the old.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Does anyone know why we can not directly make charcoal from wood, but have to go through cellulose fiber to get there? It's nice that the chain exists, but seems like we should at least be able to go wood --> wood blocks --> charcoal (sawing them up), if not directly there.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

evandy wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:04 pm
Does anyone know why we can not directly make charcoal from wood, but have to go through cellulose fiber to get there? It's nice that the chain exists, but seems like we should at least be able to go wood --> wood blocks --> charcoal (sawing them up), if not directly there.
The wood blocks seem to be more pressed wood chips and less pieces of wood. So you go the way of rendering the wood down, and then compacting it.

davetripd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by davetripd »

I dug through the Circuit Processing mod and I'm sure there is just a naming error that makes the new blue chips require the old green ones, anyone want to take a quick look or give some general directions and I'll do it myself? Brought my game to a halt unfortuantly.

artemonster
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by artemonster »

Can we talk about power generation a bit?
Just decided to scrap my save on 0.17 and try SB on 0.18 and saw that Tier 1 Recipe for Green Algae was nerfed to produce brown algae "waste". Okay, sure, but then I compared charcoal recipe in helmod using Tier 1 green algae and Tier 1 (which use CO2) - to produce 2 charcoal/sec:
Tier 1 uses 2.6 MW and produces brown algae
Tier 2 uses 3.9 MW (with all the electrolyzing and crushing bonanza)

I dont think Tier 1 recipe should be nerfed even more, since the beginning will become really painful, but Tier 2 recipe should be greatly buffed (i.e. by reducing Mineralized Water & CO2 from 100, 100 to 50, 50)?
Futhermore, Tree recipies also require redicilous amounts of area, while not brining any "efficiency" to the process (for 4 Wood sec with Tier 1 Tree production - 2.4 MW and crapton on machines)
IMHO, there HAS to be incentive to go UP to the next tier, trading off complexity&area for greater reward.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

artemonster wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:53 pm
Can we talk about power generation a bit?
Just decided to scrap my save on 0.17 and try SB on 0.18 and saw that Tier 1 Recipe for Green Algae was nerfed to produce brown algae "waste". Okay, sure, but then I compared charcoal recipe in helmod using Tier 1 green algae and Tier 1 (which use CO2) - to produce 2 charcoal/sec:
Tier 1 uses 2.6 MW and produces brown algae
Tier 2 uses 3.9 MW (with all the electrolyzing and crushing bonanza)

I dont think Tier 1 recipe should be nerfed even more, since the beginning will become really painful, but Tier 2 recipe should be greatly buffed (i.e. by reducing Mineralized Water & CO2 from 100, 100 to 50, 50)?
Futhermore, Tree recipies also require redicilous amounts of area, while not brining any "efficiency" to the process (for 4 Wood sec with Tier 1 Tree production - 2.4 MW and crapton on machines)
IMHO, there HAS to be incentive to go UP to the next tier, trading off complexity&area for greater reward.
Lovely Santa haas bumped Green Algae2 a touch in the dev branch; I think that'll take care of it once it's released and integrated into seablock.

viewtopic.php?p=483371#p483371

Return to “Mods”