[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.7

Post by Mecejide »

Can you remove the "Crystallizing to Uranium & Fluorite" recipe?

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.8

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.3.8 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2019-12-29, version 0.3.8:
  • Remove duplicate transport science pack unlock
  • Update all mods to latest versions

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:32 pm
I guess that now that Factorio has automatic mod syncing, it's time to make https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockMetaPack the official way to get Sea Block ?
Last I checked in game syncing always downloads the latest version of a mod, so using SeaBlockMetaPack will get a cutting edge, untested version of the modpack. It's been working pretty well over the last few months now Bob's and Angel's mods have been relatively stable. I expect things will be less stable after a new experimental branch is released (0.18), or maybe if a mod author decides it's time for an overhaul, who knows? So I'll keep the pack .zip as an easy way to download a known good set of mod versions.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Trainwreck,

Heads up the next time you go diving into updating Seablock, that there is incompatibility (or at least silliness) between Bob's nuclear processing and the Nuclear Fuel mod. Both mods have now integrated plutonium sourced from reprocessed nuclear cells, and reprocessing now results in both kinds of plutonium being generated. Given the lack of thorium in Angels, Bob's reprocessing is the only way to get fusion catalyst for Deuterium reactors. Easiest way out is to just disable Nuclear Fuel and go with Bob's recipes, but if you want to keep it you're going to need to do some major restructuring.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Trainwreck wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:14 am
Last I checked in game syncing always downloads the latest version of a mod, so using SeaBlockMetaPack will get a cutting edge, untested version of the modpack.
Even if you mark the modpack as being incompatible with future mod versions ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Can you change charcoal pellets so they get made in a pellet press instead of an assembling machine?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Mecejide wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:24 am
Can you change charcoal pellets so they get made in a pellet press instead of an assembling machine?
I believe it works that way in base Angels... Seablock has modified that recipe. I imagine because getting pellet presses is so far away at the begininning of the game, and charcoal pellets are so critical in solving the power scenario. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here...

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Or make Pellet Presses better at it than regular Assemblers !
But anyway : this issue should probably be taken up with Angel.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

155 hours into my second attempt, I finally managed to get 'Logistic Robot 2' manufactured. Having done an angelbobs run immediately before this, I was surprised to note that the mk2 (and mk3 mk4 and fusion powered mk4) logistic bots don't get any cargo bonuses, just speed. Does anybody know why this was changed?

3ara3ik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3ara3ik »

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

3ara3ik wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:11 pm
Someone posted about this a couple weeks ago; if you check back a page you should be able to find the conversation. Short answer: You have not correctly installed the SeaBlock mod-pack. If I recall correctly, the original poster had installed the Seablock mod, but not the full seablock mod meta pack, and was missing some dependencies as a result.

3ara3ik
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3ara3ik »

evandy wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:23 am
Someone posted about this a couple weeks ago; if you check back a page you should be able to find the conversation. Short answer: You have not correctly installed the SeaBlock mod-pack. If I recall correctly, the original poster had installed the Seablock mod, but not the full seablock mod meta pack, and was missing some dependencies as a result.
https://ibb.co/hZC0ZWx
I'm certainly not special, but all the main mods are installed because.
if it’s not difficult to find this post, I don’t know English.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Those mandatory (rather than optional) for Sea Block mods indeed seem to be the same version as those in the latest zip here ?
EDIT : Not surprising, since trainwreck has updated all the mods to their latest versions...
EDIT : If you want an extended (and hopefully working) - rather than bare minimum - version of Sea Block get the Sea Block Pack instead :
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeaBlockMetaPack
P.S.: It is a Sea Block bug that the bare minimum version isn't working...

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

What's the thinking behind making the whole Jivolite Crystal leaching process Fluoric negative? I know it's that way in Angels, but Seablock adds the whole Calcium Sulfate --> Lime --> Acid Gas --> Extra Hydro-Fluoric process on top, but it still doesn't produce enough to be HFl positive. Shouldn't taking the time to deal with all the solid byproducts that were introduced by Seablock at least get us to a point where leaching Jivolite doesn't need to import Fluorite any more?
Last edited by evandy on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I guess the idea is that you're supposed to use the extra Fluorite from Mud Washing ?

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:01 am
I guess the idea is that you're supposed to use the extra Fluorite from Mud Washing ?
Um, mud washing provides extra Hydrogen Sulfide, not extra Hydro-Fluoric acid.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Whoops, my bad, It's been a while ! XD

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

evandy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am
What's the thinking behind making the whole Jivolite Crystal leaching process Fluoric negative? I know it's that way in Angels, but Seablock adds the whole Calcium Sulfate --> Lime --> Acid Gas --> Extra Hydro-Fluoric process on top, but it still doesn't produce enough to be HFl positive. Shouldn't taking the time to deal with all the solid byproducts that were introduced by Seablock at least get us to a point where leaching Jivolite doesn't need to import Fluorite any more?
I don't know why it is like that.
But i think, you don't need to convert all of the jivolite chunks to crystals. Plus you can create fluorite with direct sorting.
The other chain with lime filtering seems to primarily add sulfur, which can get quite demanding with higher tier smelting. At least this was my understanding

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

jodokus31 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:04 pm
evandy wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 am
I don't know why it is like that.
But i think, you don't need to convert all of the jivolite chunks to crystals. Plus you can create fluorite with direct sorting.
The other chain with lime filtering seems to primarily add sulfur, which can get quite demanding with higher tier smelting. At least this was my understanding
So in my current base I am making as many standalone modules as I can, with minimal products being sent around by pipe train or belt. So I have jivolite chunks being made in one place for aluminum, and am sorting just for crystals in another for silver (as an example).

I can totally direct sort for fluorite ore in my silver module, but then I need to make rubyite. I wouldn’t mind doing all that, except the complication from the calcium sulfate is already a bunch of machines, taking a lot of space, in a munch more complicated process than ore sorting. So the question is what is the rationale for requiring both of them? Base angels needs just the ore sorting, but sea block is adding that whole calcium sulphate chain, which is required and produces HF acid. Seems like the reward for handling the sulfate should be not doing fluorite ore sorting, rather than doing less sorting. Otherwise, what is the point of the whole calcium sulfate chain? Just more machines for the sake of more machines?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Mecejide wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:28 am
Why?

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:03 pm
Mecejide wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:28 am
Why?
It is the only recipe of its kind and it feels out of place.

Return to “Mods”