[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
waerth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.6

Post by waerth »

Hello all,

Been playing Factorio for a while on an off. I have hit a snag in my first sea block game.

To research resin I need green science building
For this I need a electronics circuit
For the electronics circuit I need resin

This after going back and fort through the in game fnei

What have I missed?

regards,
Waerth

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

waerth wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:04 pm
Hello all,

Been playing Factorio for a while on an off. I have hit a snag in my first sea block game.

To research resin I need green science building
For this I need a electronics circuit
For the electronics circuit I need resin

This after going back and fort through the in game fnei

What have I missed?

regards,
Waerth
There are a lot of recipes, which have different ways to achieve.
You are searching for resin, because you need it for solder, i suppose?
But you can make solder also differently from solder plates + alginic acid.

Good luck

waerth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by waerth »

Thx that saved my day! Been trying to figure it out for 2 days now. Finally electronic circuitboards :D

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

About Electrolysis II
At the moment it's absolutely not worth it. While you only use halve as many electrolysers you need a lot of assemblers to remake the electrodes and they are expensive.For base machines: For 7.5 Slag/s you need 30 Electrolysers @ 9MW. For the same output with Electrolysis II you need 15 Electrolysers @ 4.5MW+30 Assemblers MK1 for an other 3 MW. For a total of 7.5WM, only 1.5MW less then without the tech and you need not less, probably more space. In addition you need 2.25 Carbon and 0.38 Steel. You can burn the Carbon for 6.75MW. From the cost of the Steel I will not even start.

What I propose is to change the recipe for used electrode to new electrode. 2 Used Electrode+Purified Water->2 Electrode + crushed stone@0.5.
That way it doesn't use that much assemblers, one per 2 electrolysers instead of 2 for every one, doesn't use that much material and you get an extra crushed stone. An alternative for me would be to do it in a chem plant with sulfuric acid, purified water and yellow waste water in the output.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

ukezi wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 pm
About Electrolysis II
At the moment it's absolutely not worth it. While you only use halve as many electrolysers you need a lot of assemblers to remake the electrodes and they are expensive.For base machines: For 7.5 Slag/s you need 30 Electrolysers @ 9MW. For the same output with Electrolysis II you need 15 Electrolysers @ 4.5MW+30 Assemblers MK1 for an other 3 MW. For a total of 7.5WM, only 1.5MW less then without the tech and you need not less, probably more space. In addition you need 2.25 Carbon and 0.38 Steel. You can burn the Carbon for 6.75MW. From the cost of the Steel I will not even start.

What I propose is to change the recipe for used electrode to new electrode. 2 Used Electrode+Purified Water->2 Electrode + crushed stone@0.5.
That way it doesn't use that much assemblers, one per 2 electrolysers instead of 2 for every one, doesn't use that much material and you get an extra crushed stone. An alternative for me would be to do it in a chem plant with sulfuric acid, purified water and yellow waste water in the output.
Some form of Used Electrode+(Purified) Water -> Electrode + dirty water would make some sense. Or simply a chance for the electrode to survive the process. Like with saw blades.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Or simply a chance for the electrode to survive the process.
That chance will have to be really high. With the cost of steel the 0.38 steel per 7.5 Slag is already taking most of the production at 95% recovery. So recovery would have to be pushed to 97% at least. With Steel processing 1 0.38 steel cost 4.38 slag and about 1.5MW.

I like the cleaning idea a lot more. It also makes for more interesting builds in my opinion.

ATown
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ATown »

I recently updated to 0.3.6 and updated Factorio to the latest (0.17.66), and now for some reason I am not getting space science packs to show up in the silo after launching a rocket like I used to. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? Anyone experience this before?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

ATown wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 am
I recently updated to 0.3.6 and updated Factorio to the latest (0.17.66), and now for some reason I am not getting space science packs to show up in the silo after launching a rocket like I used to. Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? Anyone experience this before?
I just tested it. It all works as expected. Are you sure you had the satellite in?

ATown
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ATown »

ukezi wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:31 am
ATown wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 am
I just tested it. It all works as expected. Are you sure you had the satellite in?
Well I launched with the drydock structure component for the SpaceX progression. Does that not give you space science? I guess it would make sense to only give science for satellite launches. What's another 30 some launches for those last 200k (or something) space science, I was just expecting to get science for all the SpaceX launches.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Update broke the pack again.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

kinnom wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:21 pm
Update broke the pack again.
What did you update? You are not supposed to update any mods.

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Not mod update.
Factorio update 0.17.67 breaks Bobs / Angels.

Until those mods are updated and the updates added to Sea Block, we have to run 0.17.66. That version works (if using Steam, go to Beta branches and choose 0.17.66).

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

PSA: At the moment oil burning heat sources have a neighborhood bonus that is also level dependent. (mk1 50% per, mk2 75% and mk3 100%) That gets you a lot more energy per fuel unit, Getting better and better fuel efficiency the bigger the block gets. Is that intended behavior?

Also for anyone using this, they don't keep on using fuel like nuke plants, but they switch off randomly if underutilized so you probably want to pulse them for maximal efficiency.

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

It's true, they get better and better as the block grows, but it's hard to do so for solid burners (i managed a build but it uses lots of inserter techs and substations mk2 to work) and the liquid ones pretty much plateau after a bit (100 heat sources, so about 9x9 or 10x10, giving you x1.8 the output using mk1) so you don't actually grow it all the time, but rather build multiple or go up in techs.

Honestly, I feel they are a good alternative to nuclear, that you can start a bit earlier, and slowly invest into, but with the prices for turbines, it doesn't seem OP to me

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

The higher marks get bigger bonuses, so go up higher. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=% ... here+x%3D4 That is the formula for square blocks. 4x4 gets you 3x the fuel value. 10x10 gets you 4x. It's just interesting with how the mod tries to balance the power of fuels.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.7

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.3.7 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2019-9-8, version 0.3.7:
  • Update all mods to latest versions

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

randomdude wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:32 pm
It's true, they get better and better as the block grows, but it's hard to do so for solid burners (i managed a build but it uses lots of inserter techs and substations mk2 to work) and the liquid ones pretty much plateau after a bit (100 heat sources, so about 9x9 or 10x10, giving you x1.8 the output using mk1) so you don't actually grow it all the time, but rather build multiple or go up in techs.

Honestly, I feel they are a good alternative to nuclear, that you can start a bit earlier, and slowly invest into, but with the prices for turbines, it doesn't seem OP to me
I finally got around to test oil burning heat sources and it's a lot better even with mk1 compared to ks power oil burner. I get 350 MW instead of 135 MW for the same fuel oil with a 5x5 grid + 40/80 heat exchangers/steam turbines.
But I also agree, that its not so OP as it sounds, because you need a lot of tech and metals to get to this point. I also have nuclear power researched, but the uranium is kinda expensive atm. I don't have nuclear fuel reprocessing yet, because it's purple science. And I don't want to dump so much resources into uranium atm.
So I think, its a better alternative to enriched fuel, which is also a bit more compelling.

@Trainwreck: Thanks for the update.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 pm
So I think, its a better alternative to enriched fuel, which is also a bit more compelling.

To be better then enriched fuel you only need 20% more fuel value(less when you take processing into consideration). You have that with two heat sources.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

ukezi wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:18 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 pm

To be better then enriched fuel you only need 20% more fuel value(less when you take processing into consideration). You have that with two heat sources.
I was a bit enthusiastic yesterday how well it worked (...and when I saw the glowing heat pipes...)
In the meantime, I think its a bit too OP.
I mean 135W vs 350W, that is x2.6 with lowest tier (I have 135 fuel oil/sec., maybe some other tech before is better, but i sticked to ks power oil burning boiler, which gives me the 135W).
If it was like only x1,4 or x1,5, it would feel more fitting.
The investment is pretty high, though. boiler 3, steam engine 3, heat pipes, heat exchangers, steam turbines. Needing invar, cobalt steel, brass, alu.

Enriched fuel is just so boring to setup, the heat source setup is a lot more interesting.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.7

Post by ukezi »

Sure. KS power boilers are only I think 70% efficient. You get nearly 50 more power out of bob's oil burning boilers. Then there are the heat sources that get you additional power with adjacency that are even more efficient. Sure they are expensive but compared to the cost of all the science, rockets and space parts it's not much.

Return to “Mods”