Topics and discussion about specific mods
Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.2

Post by Trainwreck »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am
Does this include the fixes for 0.17.23 and will it work with versions before 0.17.23?
It works with 0.17.23. Not sure about previous versions, I've only tested with 0.17.23.

Shakes
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shakes »

Trainwreck wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:05 am
Adjust random placement of trees, plants and fish
Since you're messing with terrain generation, any chance you can fix setting cliff continuity to none doesn't disable cliffs the way that it does in vanilla terrain generation?

Theaisa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Theaisa »

Is there a way to disable worms completely in .17 ?

In .16 you could set Enemy Bases to None, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

raisins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by raisins »

Theaisa wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:09 am
Is there a way to disable worms completely in .17 ?

In .16 you could set Enemy Bases to None, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
If all else fails, this will kill them all:

Code: Select all

/c local surface=game.player.surface
for key, entity in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({force="enemy"})) do
	entity.destroy()
end

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

I have the issue that I'm not able to hand-craft cellulose-fiber - but the fiber is necessary for further progress.

Any ideas why/how this happen? And any tipp for a little workaround?
Attachments
fiber.png
fiber.png (24.69 KiB) Viewed 5863 times

jdtunn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jdtunn »

Do you have any extra mods installed that aren't in the modpack?

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

jdtunn wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:57 pm
Do you have any extra mods installed that aren't in the modpack?
Activated were only the mods from Sea Block pack and the mods following:
Squeak Through,
what-is-it-really-used-for,
even-distribution,
clock
After re-download the Sea Block Pack, it works for now :) how ever, anyway its a strange behaviour but at least, thats the important thing, I can play it now :) Only Bobs/Angels isnt challenging anymore, and for Pyanodons I have to little spare time

doppelEben
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doppelEben »

Is there somewhere a bug-tracker for sea-block or where should I place following info?

There is a 'key' missing:
aboretum.png
aboretum.png
aboretum.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 5639 times
don't know if its a sea-block issue or an angels... please move this post to its right place if its not here

edith: I deactivated all other mods - its just the sea block pack running

jdtunn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jdtunn »

Yeah the missing key is an issue with Angel's mod, not seablock.

Octoshape
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octoshape »

I just started my own 0.17 seablock run and am super hyped for it! Thanks so much for this awesome modpack!!

I stumbled upon something a bit strange though:

The electronics research unlocks solder plates, solder and green chips. But to make solder plates (needed for greens) you need a metal mixing furnace. That furnace is only unlocked with Alloy processing 1, which takes like 145 red science. Is that intended or should the metal mixing furnace maybe be unlocked with electronics as well? (Not putting this here as a suggestion to make the game easier, just wondering if this is the intended way :))

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Octoshape wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:24 am
The electronics research unlocks solder plates, solder and green chips. But to make solder plates (needed for greens) you need a metal mixing furnace. That furnace is only unlocked with Alloy processing 1, which takes like 145 red science. Is that intended or should the metal mixing furnace maybe be unlocked with electronics as well? (Not putting this here as a suggestion to make the game easier, just wondering if this is the intended way :))
Yeah, indeed. In 0.16 the blue mixing furnace was unlocked with electronics. Now you need copper, tin and bronze smelting + alloy processing 1. It does make more sense in bobs only. Bronze is also needed much later and tin and lead can smelted directly from ores without smelting tech. Even copper smelting is no must have.

Another thing, which I want to propose is to not gate basic logistics (underground + splitters) behind slag processing 1.
Esp. in marathon mode, where slag processing is not more efficient than mineralized water crystallization and you tend to scale up way more before able to research lots, it would be nice to get some undergrounds earlier. (Or I have to do better designs, which don't need undergrounds ... but i refuse "cheaty" inserters ;) )

But that are just minor things. 0.17 feeling good so far and green algae is nicer.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:02 pm
Esp. in marathon mode, where slag processing is not more efficient than mineralized water crystallization
I still think that is a bug. Makes no sense to reverse efficiencies like that in marathon mode.

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

Esp. in marathon mode, where slag processing is not more efficient than mineralized water crystallization
It's is when you take into account the fact that you get 'free' power in the mineralized water output from sulfur processing. If you use it all of that + the crushed stone you get from crushing ore, each plate comes down to ~6MW

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

randomdude wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:26 pm

It's is when you take into account the fact that you get 'free' power in the mineralized water output from sulfur processing. If you use it all of that + the crushed stone you get from crushing ore, each plate comes down to ~6MW
The Crushed Stone from crushing ore you get in both cases.

An advantage of the slag processing is that you get to choose the ore. In my current game I rushed into ore sorting and smelting ore Angels way. Since then I'm not sure I've used any Stiratite at all. I've got a huge copper surplus piling up. Is it more efficient even if you don't use the Stiratite at all? .oO(Is the lowest form of ore sorting even better in marathon mode than direct smelting?)

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Nice catch. In 0.16, I used the mineralized water mainly for charcoal filters and dumped the rest into mineralized water crystallisation. But now, with the much better green algae, it yields much more than before. It's probably a good idea to create charcoal -> power from all of the excess mineralized water and crushed stone.
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm

An advantage of the slag processing is that you get to choose the ore. In my current game I rushed into ore sorting and smelting ore Angels way. Since then I'm not sure I've used any Stiratite at all. I've got a huge copper surplus piling up. Is it more efficient even if you don't use the Stiratite at all? .oO(Is the lowest form of ore sorting even better in marathon mode than direct smelting?)
I use sorting for both saphirite and stiratite to get iron and copper ore out of both and throw it in a regular furnace and use the slag and crushed stone into mineralized water again. I think, its better than direct smelting, not 100% sure. I also think its better to use up the stiratite because you can get some iron out of it.

But of course, if I can choose to only produce saphirite with slag processing and if its even more efficient, slag processing is clearly superior even in marathon.

Copper is stockpiling, yes, but if I switch to ferrous ore for iron later, the stockpile gets eaten quite fast. I'm not talking about warehouses full of copper. More like several iron chests.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Nice catch. In 0.16, I used the mineralized water mainly for charcoal filters and dumped the rest into mineralized water crystallisation. But now, with the much better green algae, it yields much more than before. It's probably a good idea to create charcoal -> power from all of the excess mineralized water and crushed stone.
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:03 pm

I use sorting for both saphirite and stiratite to get iron and copper ore out of both and throw it in a regular furnace and use the slag and crushed stone into mineralized water again. I think, its better than direct smelting, not 100% sure. I also think its better to use up the stiratite because you can get some iron out of it.

But of course, if I can choose to only produce saphirite with slag processing and if its even more efficient, slag processing is clearly superior even in marathon.

Copper is stockpiling, yes, but if I switch to ferrous ore for iron later, the stockpile gets eaten quite fast. I'm not talking about warehouses full of copper. More like several iron chests.
Yeah, I'm racing towards manganese + powdered iron too.

Snowflake1989
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Snowflake1989 »

I get allways this error with the new Factorio Version.

warfan1815
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warfan1815 »

I am having a problem with a give research in the sea block cua 17 which causes it to crash to title. Could you please tell me how to fix it?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I know, its sounds boring, but it's best to stay on the tested base game version. in this case 0.17.23 (0.17.24 seems to work, too). see first post of this thread.
You can also use a dedicated factorio installation for seablock, and try out the latest base game version on an other installation

Octoshape
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Octoshape »

warfan1815 wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:14 pm
I am having a problem with a give research in the sea block cua 17 which causes it to crash to title. Could you please tell me how to fix it?
It's crashing because of this recent change in 0.17.26:
FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 pm
Scripting
  • Removed LuaForce::current_research write.
Note that it will only crash if you create a new game or load a game, where you have not "researched" the very first technology (in quotes because to research it, you simply need to crush some ore by hand).

So if you have such a save, or want to start a new game, you have 2 possibilities:

1. Set your game version to 0.17.25 or lower
2. Download this fixed version which I changed myself

The download will give you a fixed version of the SeaBlock_0.3.2 mod. So download this and replace the SeaBlock_0.3.2 .zip in your mods folder. (Note that you still need to download the full modpack from the first post on this thread to be able to play SeaBlock, this fix only replaces one mod in the pack!)

Tested and working in 0.17.28.

Return to β€œMods”