[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jwcswong8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.17

Post by Jwcswong8 »

I am getting Error in assignID for solder (source speed modules recipe) and aluminium plates (source advanced circuits) when loading the game, these two are the ones that I saw so far. I just downloaded the pack above and did not change anything.

Edit: Solved it myself, game version problem apparenly.
Last edited by Jwcswong8 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chrisophylacks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Chrisophylacks »

lukfugl wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 am
I tried starting up a game with the preliminary 0.17 mod pack, but ran into an issue with power generation where "Wood Bricks cannot be smelted". FNEI still shows the Wood Bricks -> Charcoal recipe, my own crafting tab shows it (though not hand craftable, of course), but the furnace won't accept the bricks.
Did you complete the appropriate research?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Chrisophylacks wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 am
I tried starting up a game with the preliminary 0.17 mod pack, but ran into an issue with power generation where "Wood Bricks cannot be smelted". FNEI still shows the Wood Bricks -> Charcoal recipe, my own crafting tab shows it (though not hand craftable, of course), but the furnace won't accept the bricks.
"Wood Processing 2" gives the charcoal recipe. Doesn't show it as limited to furnaces. Have you tried using an assembler?

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Can you make a few more of the item stack sizes consistent? Right now iron pipes and stone bricks have different stack sizes from all of the other pipes/bricks.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I've started a new map with SeaBlock 0.3.0. Everything loaded but I think the green algae processing is screwed up. The recipe to create cellulose fibers from green algae is locked behind brown algae processing. That makes green algae kind of pointless at the start. You have to make some to advance the research but after that it has 0 use. Can't build an algae power plant till one has researched Brown Algae Processing.

Here is what I've got so far:
start.png
start.png (4.13 MiB) Viewed 6812 times

As you can see I'm hand crafting fuel. But I'm close to getting Brown Algae Processing.

lukfugl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lukfugl »

Chrisophylacks wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:57 am
Oops, I thought I had (which is why I mentioned I _thought_ I saw it in my character crafting recipes), but I guess my memory was just faulty. Went and did the research and all is dandy.

Ommand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ommand »

Looks like there's a bug with Algae Farm Mk1. It has a crafting speed of 1 and power usage of 120kW, while Mk2 is crafting speed 1 and power usage of 125kW. I believe the Mk1 is meant to be crafting speed 0.5 and power usage 100kW, at least that's the default for bioprocessing.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

In 0.16 :
Mk1 : 120kW, speed 1
Mk2 : 150kW, speed 1.5 => would be 100kW for speed 1.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:19 am
I've started a new map with SeaBlock 0.3.0. Everything loaded but I think the green algae processing is screwed up. The recipe to create cellulose fibers from green algae is locked behind brown algae processing. That makes green algae kind of pointless at the start. You have to make some to advance the research but after that it has 0 use. Can't build an algae power plant till one has researched Brown Algae Processing.
Green algae is kind of pointless at the start anyway except in marathon, but I agree that this shouldn't work like this. This is probably Trainwreck's bad, because he does mess with the order of some of these techs.

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

Blokus wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:20 pm
Green algae is kind of pointless at the start anyway except in marathon, but I agree that this shouldn't work like this. This is probably Trainwreck's bad, because he does mess with the order of some of these techs.
Wrong. With the new recipe for wood bricks to charcoal, they are pretty OP atm. 1.6MW net gain from each farm, so they could power 5 electros (apart from all the things they need to run)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

It used to be that you get green algae -> cellulose fiber with wood bricks or algae farms. So you can make green algae -> cellulose fiber -> Cellulose Pulp -> Paper -> Wooden Board -> Basic Circuit Board. You need quite a few of those and arboretums and using wood for circuit boards is a long way off.

What would be the alternative to algae farms for power? It's the first thing you get. Do you research all the way to farming and oil burning using only the windmills?

Jwcswong8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jwcswong8 »

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:56 pm
It used to be that you get green algae -> cellulose fiber with wood bricks or algae farms. So you can make green algae -> cellulose fiber -> Cellulose Pulp -> Paper -> Wooden Board -> Basic Circuit Board. You need quite a few of those and arboretums and using wood for circuit boards is a long way off.

What would be the alternative to algae farms for power? It's the first thing you get. Do you research all the way to farming and oil burning using only the windmills?
I tried changing this myself by looking into the mod files and I found that angels bioprocessing changed the tech order and recipes unlocks by the techs brown and green algae, but trainwreck's seablock 0.3.0 did not adapt to the change yet. Maybe trainwreck is already working on it so it may take some time.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

About raw-wood -> wood and wooden-boards

Post by mrvn »

In 0.17 wood (those wooden boards you made out of trees) was replaced by raw-wood (tree trunks). In SeaBlock one can make wooden-boards out of green and brown algae. But one can not make wood for a long time (and now arboretums need iron for saws nerfing that chain). Only way to get wood early is to find and fell some trees. A rather limited resource.

In SeaBlock this affects the wooden chests. You basically can't build any till they are obsolete. A wooden chest should be made out of wooden boards.

I also like to throw in some other mods. Relevant here deadlock-beltboxes-loaders, deadlock-integrations and Bio_Industries. Would it be possible for Seablock to optionally support those and change recipes there too? Basic compact loaders, Basic stacking beltbox, wooden straight rails and wooden pipes need wood and I think should use wooden-boards instead.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Sea Block Pack 0.3.1

Post by Trainwreck »

Thanks to all for the feedback, here's an updated version:
SeaBlockPack_0.3.1.zip Outdated, check first post for latest version.

I'm happy with the current default setting of military science not needing blue science. Makes it possible to easily clear worms a bit earlier. The worms were only ever a little speedbump to expansion, so no major loss.

Angel's bioprocessing has increased the effective fuel value of its wood processing items from 0.16. I've passed this increase along with the charcoal recipe. If Angel adjusts the fuel value of wood pellets and bricks in the future then I'll adjust charcoal to match.

Changes:
  • Increase worm density
  • Copy icon size when updating circuit board tech icon
  • Remove changes to various algae related crafting speeds (MK1 algae farm, cellulose fiber, wood pellets)
  • Move green algae -> cellulose fiber recipe unlock to the wood processing startup tech
  • Reduce cost of SpaceMod ftl theory D1 and D2 technologies
  • Disable coal liquefaction tech
  • Disable bob distillery techs
  • Add remote call so pvp scenario does not overwrite starting rock with silo
Last edited by Trainwreck on Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Many thanks for this!

Love the zip pack!

That said, I found 2 discrepancies in the pack.
1) It contains bobores_0.17.1 but that mod is not in the mod list nor in the previous, SeaBlock 0.3.0
2) Version number of SpaceMod in pack, 0.4.2 differs from mod list, 0.4.1

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Before I dive in, I installed a fresh factorio copy with only seablock mods and it seems, that some default settings are different now.
F.e.:
rain9441 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 am
Looks like inserter overhaul and belt overhaul mod settings are checked which makes all of the inserters/belts have different recipes. Unsure if intended.
The fuel value of charcoal, as others have pointed out, is possibly twice as much as it should be.
All of the pipes are shorter... Someone said brass pipes are 1 shorter... I just wanted to be sad; that is bob's domain I'm guessing. :( :(
Regarding the pipes, i'm guessing its also the modsettings under Startup -> Bob's logistics -> Underground distance overhaul. Did not test it.
And the inserter and belt overhaul is enabled by default now. I always turned it on in 0.16 because I liked it, but, of course, progression is a bit slower and more expensive/complicated

I would recommend to change revisit these settings before upgrading/loading a 0.16 save with untouched settings.

Thanks for the update, Trainwreck.

EDIT: Also thanks for the setting Startup -> Landfill Painting -> Rotate to select landfill variation -> to turn it off :)
Last edited by jodokus31 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:48 am
Many thanks for this!

Love the zip pack!

That said, I found 2 discrepancies in the pack.
1) It contains bobores_0.17.1 but that mod is not in the mod list nor in the previous, SeaBlock 0.3.0
2) Version number of SpaceMod in pack, 0.4.2 differs from mod list, 0.4.1
Yeah, bobores is not necessary. I'll remove it from the next version.
I've updated the mod list with the correct SpaceMod version.
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:54 am
Before I dive in, I installed a fresh factorio copy with only seablock mods and it seems, that some default settings are different now.
F.e.:

Regarding the pipes, i'm guessing its also the modsettings under Startup -> Bob's logistics -> Underground distance overhaul. Did not test it.
And the inserter and belt overhaul is enabled by default now. I always turned it on in 0.16 because I liked it, but, of course, progression is a bit slower and more expensive/complicated

I would recommend to change these settings before upgrading/loading a 0.16 save with untouched settings.

Thanks for the update, Trainwreck.
I recommend people play the pack with default settings. If you're updating a 0.16 installation then it's probably a good idea to reset your mod settings. This can be done from the mod settings menu by clicking the little red reset button in the top right of the window. Another way to reset settings is to delete the mod-settings.dat file from your mods directory (The same directory you unzip the pack into).

A note to any mod authors reading this: If you change the default value of a setting then consider renaming the settings key entirely. That way all users get kicked over to the default value of the new key.

Jwcswong8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jwcswong8 »

Was bob's inserter and belt overhaul not activated by default in 0.2.17 seablock? Now in 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 seablock it is enabled by default. Any suggestions to if it is better to use or not?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Trainwreck wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:49 am
I recommend people play the pack with default settings. If you're updating a 0.16 installation then it's probably a good idea to reset your mod settings. This can be done from the mod settings menu by clicking the little red reset button in the top right of the window. Another way to reset settings is to delete the mod-settings.dat file from your mods directory (The same directory you unzip the pack into).
OK, i did the following test:
- fresh 0.16 with latest 0.16 seablock pack. -> Bob's logistic overhauls are disabled
- copy over the mod-settings.dat from 0.16 to 0.17 installation. -> Bob's logistic overhauls are still disabled

So this should be consistent, if the mod-settings.dat is kept. At least this should load a 0.16 save without switching to enabled logistic overhauls
It's just not the default setting anymore. I'm not sure what happened to rain9441's base, but I guess he didn't copy the mod-settings.dat

If the mod-settings.dat gets deleted, the new default values are used, which can screw up a 0.16 save, so i'm not sure, if its a good idea for upgraders.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

Upgrading from 0.16 to 0.17 is fine. There are only a few changes to recipes that can easily be adjusted. Even with the inserter overhaul it isn't bad. You even get the old silicon recipe as is for whatever casting machines had it setup - just don't change them because once you change them you can't go back!

If overhauled belts/inserters are what trainwreck suggests and knowingly packs in, I'll be running seablock with overhauled belts/inserters.

Thanks Trainwreck

Return to β€œMods”