Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.17

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm
BlueRaja wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:19 am
For anyone interested, we increased the slag production of electrolyzers from 1 to 3, and are having a lot more fun. It makes the early game SIGNIFICANTLY more balanced, while still being extremely challenging. We are still constantly running out of power/slag/everything else, but now we can generally actually do something about it, rather than sit and twiddle our thumbs waiting.

To do this, open %APPDATA%\Factorio\mods\angelspetrochem_0.7.12\prototypes\recipespetrochem-basics.lua, and change this line:
{type="item", name="slag", amount=1}
to this:
{type="item", name="slag", amount=3}

I would highly recommend that the mod author make this a part of the actual mod.
I'm glad you found a solution :)
Be also sure to triple the amount of geodes from washing, unless you don't want to use it for get mineral sludge/crystal seedling.
Geode already pose a problem for belts from the amount they produce. And I'm moving around a awful lot of mineral sludge. Maybe the better balancing option would be to reduce the amount of Mineral Sludge needed per ore.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Geode already pose a problem for belts from the amount they produce. And I'm moving around a awful lot of mineral sludge. Maybe the better balancing option would be to reduce the amount of Mineral Sludge needed per ore.
That's very true. Geodes is a big hassle to handle, if they backup. I remember, there was an approach to use a dummy mining field to take advantage of mining productivity research. Never tried it... but that would go in the same direction

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:14 pm
That's very true. Geodes is a big hassle to handle, if they backup. I remember, there was an approach to use a dummy mining field to take advantage of mining productivity research. Never tried it... but that would go in the same direction
That's my mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/seablock-mining.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

minno wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 am
That's my mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/seablock-mining.
Thanks for posting again. I think, i'll give it try

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

The following was presumably the result of user error, or some mysterious gremlins messing with my computer.
Trainwreck wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 am
Sea block pack 0.2.17 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2018-11-19, version 0.2.17
  • Reduce cellulose fiber and wood pellet crafting time.
  • ScienceCostTweaker science pack waste byproduct adjustment.
  • Update all mods to latest versions.
A lot of the recent changes seem to be missing, somehow. I even tried creating a new game after wiping and re-downloading this version from the first post, and I still get none of the puffers or custom fish or the fish farming tech/items, fibers are still made in liquifiers, etc...

In the in-game mods list, a lot of the mods get marked in yellow when I click the check for updates button, even though the pack supposedly includes all the latest versions of the mods (including the Angels bioprocessing which has a big "[ALPHA UPDATE]" in its name). And the date on the "A Sea Block Config_0.2.4.zip" file inside the 0.2.17 download is July 11, for example, nowhere near November 19. Does this mean I'm somehow getting the wrong zip package when I try to download it from the first post? Should I have Factorio update all of these mods itself? Any other ideas?
Last edited by Tallinu on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

The config hasn't changed. The date of SeaBlock main mod is 19th Nov. Angel's does seem to have the right versions also. For me the changes did occur. Are you sure you are starting the right instance of the game?
here is the link to the zip that I use. https://mega.nz/#!tJJ3lIgB!CLeqTc7thlSS ... I5TBDFBkv8
It should be identically with the one in the start post. I hope Trainwreck is OK with me posting it.

Tallinu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tallinu »

Well, now I'm really scratching my head! That link gave me the same file I downloaded the other day, and as I look at the contents more carefully, they do match the versions of the mods that are currently in my mods folder (which came from using Factorio's built-in mod portal to auto-update them).

I'm not sure what went wrong the other day when I tried to unzip these from the download of 0.2.17... Maybe I accidentally opened the zip file for version 0.2.11 of the pack which is still sitting in my downloads folder (that seems to be the same version I had installed previously). I was sure I had used the download popup at the bottom of the browser window to open the file, though. Who knows?

At any rate, it's all working correctly now and though I haven't seen any puffers yet, I do see the other types of fish swimming around and the recipes for the fish tank and such in FNEI.

Sorry for the user error and thanks for trying to help, ukezi!

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

so a classical layer 8 error. The puffer nests are a bit out. I don't think they can show up in the starting area.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Some error:

Code: Select all

3.128 Factorio initialised
   3.128 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: __SeaBlock__/data-updates.lua:697: attempt to index field 'hydrogen' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
• SeaBlock
2018-12-09 22_31_28-Factorio 0.16.51.png
2018-12-09 22_31_28-Factorio 0.16.51.png (10.61 KiB) Viewed 6544 times
data.lua
core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
base 0.16.51 (data.lua)
angelsrefining 0.9.14 (data.lua)
boblibrary 0.16.6 (data.lua)
KS_Power 0.2.5 (data.lua)

data-updates.lua
angelspetrochem 0.7.12 (data.lua)
bobelectronics 0.16.0 (data.lua)
boblogistics 0.16.23 (data.lua)
angelssmelting 0.4.6 (data.lua)
angelsbioprocessing 0.5.9 (data.lua)
SeaBlock 0.2.17

pro5
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pro5 »

(bad english)
Good modpack, because hard.
Some notes:
1. Techonology "Blue chest" requere yellow and pink flasks. But this flask is high tiers. Available in end game. But middle game very needs blue chests. I long time manualy created pink and gold flask. Only for this technology.
2. May be add "Hellmod"? LTN, LoaderRedux, Flare Stack (to burn trash items).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

pro5 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:48 am
(bad english)
Good modpack, because hard.
Some notes:
1. Techonology "Blue chest" requere yellow and pink flasks. But this flask is high tiers. Available in end game. But middle game very needs blue chests. I long time manualy created pink and gold flask. Only for this technology.
2. May be add "Hellmod"? LTN, LoaderRedux, Flare Stack (to burn trash items).
blue chest and green chest are 2nd tier of logistic network and require yellow (hightech) science in vanilla, so you can say it's same. just making yellow science takes more effort than in vanilla.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

pro5 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:48 am
You can also try angels industries with its cargo bots. Its usable since green science and very powerful, because the bots carry a whole stack, while being very, very slow :) But theres also a mk2 which is faster.
For myself, I prefer just belts and trains, at least for bulk production. LTN is a good replacement for the logistic needs

Mabus_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mabus_ »

I need help. I have intalled SeaBlock right in the game. And now I don't have any recipe for resin. How I understood it must be allowed from beginning of the game without any ingridients or technologies, but I don't have it.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Mabus_ wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 pm
I need help. I have intalled SeaBlock right in the game. And now I don't have any recipe for resin. How I understood it must be allowed from beginning of the game without any ingridients or technologies, but I don't have it.
in seablock recipes some recipes are unlocked trough progression.
anyways installing seablock midway game is bad idea, is made so you need start new game with it.

Mabus_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mabus_ »

mexmer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:07 pm
in seablock recipes some recipes are unlocked trough progression.
I have already crafted everything what was possible without resin, and didn't find any info in Google what I must do for resin recipe. I stuck.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

If you need it for solder, then try the recipe, which is using alginic acid instead.
If you need it for phenolic boards later, then you have craft it the petrochem way (unless it has changed and you can craft it from raw wood now)

Mabus_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mabus_ »

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:14 pm
If you need it for solder, then try the recipe, which is using alginic acid instead.
Yes! You are right! I didn't notice that the second solder recipe does'nt need resin. Now I can continue! Thanks a lot!

Dimos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dimos »

Hello, is there a way to exchange the worms in Sea Block for the normal aliens biters etc.I use a mod where the aliens and I can run over bottled water.so it would be great if I could exchange the worms.I also use Bob Enemies and Natural Evolution Enemys.if there are only worms like Sea Block, the additional Enemie Mods don't work.

Greetings

jftp2012
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jftp2012 »

Trying to play this mod, when trying to put wood bricks in a furnace to make charcoal I get the popup "wood bricks cannot be smelted." The FNEI says this is how to make them and every youtube walkthrough shows this process, I have no other mods installed, its very frustrating

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

jftp2012 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:30 pm
Trying to play this mod, when trying to put wood bricks in a furnace to make charcoal I get the popup "wood bricks cannot be smelted." The FNEI says this is how to make them and every youtube walkthrough shows this process, I have no other mods installed, its very frustrating
FNEI should show, which research is needed to smelt wood bricks. IIRC Wood Processing 2 is needed.

Return to “Mods”