[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.7

Post by ukezi »

SirJMO wrote:I thought I'd start anew and have some fun, but alas.
The start has messed up as mineralized water crystalization has given me 6 of each ore after 11 production cycles whilst the recipe says it outputs 1.1 and 70%.
Maybe it's a very delicate script to deal with people who mess with the mapgen, but otherwise it's a bug.
Edit: I was a fool, law of small numbers, it's a 55% chance for a double drop. A little beginner unfriendly but otherwise it's fine.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_fix ... els_geodes the fix for the problem.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Some more mods that would be nice to add to the pack:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TheBlueprintLab_bud - gives scratch space that you can build blueprints in. Especially useful here since you don't always have enough space to just run to an empty area to place a bunch of ghost buildings.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ukezi_fix ... els_geodes - until Angel's refining fixes the geode ratio issue.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/helmod - as a complement to FNEI for planning purposes.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Also, could you change the iron and copper ore stack sizes to match all of the other ones? It's a bit annoying when anything that produces one of those two ores fills chests up four times as quickly.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.7

Post by dasiro »

I finally finished my 0.15 version of sea block 8-)
now I can upgrade to 0.16 and start all over again :ugeek:

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

No giant or behemoth worms?
I have tons of them.

Anyway, congratulations :)

robot797
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by robot797 »

NeptuneJr2 wrote:Robot797, here is you answer.
nullvoid wrote:
NeptuneJr2 wrote:How do I get chrome? It is needed for processing units, and the only way to get it is from sorting ferrous crystals. These ferrous crystals need ferrous anode sludge, which needs cupric chloride solution (easy to get) and Ferrous essence. Ferrous essence requires ferrous solution, and the only way to acquire that is from a ferrous solution barrel, so there is no way. This is the only path I was able to find in FNEI to produce chrome. Is this a bug?
Ferrous Solution is unlocked by Electro Refining, and is made in a Leaching Plant, which is unlocked by Chemical Refining.
You'll need Ferrous Ore Dust, Saphirite, Jivolite and Rubyte Crystals, and Sulphuric Acid

There is a bug in that FNEI, for whatever reason, doesn't show this recipe. Similarly, HelMod thinks this recipe is done in an Assembling Machine Mk1, and nothing else.

thank you
this helped alot!

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

jodokus31 wrote:No giant or behemoth worms?
I have tons of them.

Anyway, congratulations :)
none, I don't know what my starting conditions were, but I guess they must've been different. Maybe evolution was disabled or you expanded a lot more than I did, although I had quite a sizeable map.

I just switched to 16.x experimental branch on steam and updated all my mods so I can't really check it anymore. I'm gonna do a vanilla game first and then start with the new sea block

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

regarding the mining/crystallization productivity:

Bear in mind, i have no clue on modding. However from what i am seeing in vanilla, the miners count up each cycle (by an amount defined by the level of prod. research) until the bar is full, then they place two items instead of one. Which is pretty much the same effect that comes from productivity modules (minus the downsides). So my guess is, that there might be some kind of "invisivble" slot in the miners in which a module is working that gives a bonus corresponding with the research level. Following that thought, it should be quite doable, to implement a similar slot in other entities with a corresponding research, say crystallizers and crystallization productivity reasearch.

Again, this is only guesswork from my observations, but hey, needle, haystack ;)

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Anhalter wrote:regarding the mining/crystallization productivity:

Bear in mind, i have no clue on modding. However from what i am seeing in vanilla, the miners count up each cycle (by an amount defined by the level of prod. research) until the bar is full, then they place two items instead of one. Which is pretty much the same effect that comes from productivity modules (minus the downsides). So my guess is, that there might be some kind of "invisivble" slot in the miners in which a module is working that gives a bonus corresponding with the research level. Following that thought, it should be quite doable, to implement a similar slot in other entities with a corresponding research, say crystallizers and crystallization productivity reasearch.

Again, this is only guesswork from my observations, but hey, needle, haystack ;)
there is 2 bars, but minners in vanilla don't allow productivity modules to be put in. instead they have that research.
there is 2 bards on every crafting machine (that's how production modules work), but for crafting machines, there is no know modifier, that can be affected by research, which will contribute to 2nd bar.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

As a hacky solution you could make a mod that edits the crystallizer recipes on startup based on the research level that has been attained. That would require you to quit and restart for the productivity research results to become available, though.

Another idea is that you could make a building that takes mineral sludge as input and creates an ore patch on the ground. Then you can place a mining drill to turn the ore patch into ore, and get the mining productivity bonus.

ppetak
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ppetak »

So I also started seablock, on 0.16 with today updated bobs and angels. But right at the start I'm in research loop cycle ;) I have to build electromagnetism lab to fulfill "laboratory" research. under this research effects is unfortunately also lab construction core, which I need first to build that lab...

So I'm blocked on the block, cannot even start properly. What is this problem? Some bob or angel's mod incompatibility? What should I do to play further?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

ppetak wrote:So I also started seablock, on 0.16 with today updated bobs and angels. But right at the start I'm in research loop cycle ;) I have to build electromagnetism lab to fulfill "laboratory" research. under this research effects is unfortunately also lab construction core, which I need first to build that lab...

So I'm blocked on the block, cannot even start properly. What is this problem? Some bob or angel's mod incompatibility? What should I do to play further?
seablock is not prepared for latest version of SCT, use any version between 0.16.10 (Which is version on 1st post) and 0.16.19 (which is last version before lab overhaul)

people should keep in mind, that list on 1st post is not for bonkers, it's list of mods (including version), for which is seablock set and optimized and was tested.

you cannot expect, it will not break, when you update everything to latest version except seablock, which has no new version, that adopts for other mod changes.

Xzoh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xzoh »

Hey, whenever I start Factorio currently it crashes saying that something is wrong with Bobs Power, any tips?

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

ppetak wrote:So I also started seablock, on 0.16 with today updated bobs and angels. But right at the start I'm in research loop cycle ;) I have to build electromagnetism lab to fulfill "laboratory" research. under this research effects is unfortunately also lab construction core, which I need first to build that lab... What should I do to play further?
you sadly must cheat:
Enter: /c game.player.insert("sct-lab1-construction") into console. Altough i have no guarantee that there will be another deadlock on a later stage. I am highly impressed there are no known issues in the not updated version sea block due to the overwhelming complexity of production and science.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Xzoh wrote:Hey, whenever I start Factorio currently it crashes saying that something is wrong with Bobs Power, any tips?
I just had the same problem. Maybe the latest 0.16 is too new? Is there a recommended version?

orbadon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orbadon »

Demosthenex wrote:
Xzoh wrote:Hey, whenever I start Factorio currently it crashes saying that something is wrong with Bobs Power, any tips?
I just had the same problem. Maybe the latest 0.16 is too new? Is there a recommended version?
Just use the mod pack posted in the very first post of this thread and you won't ever have those problems.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

orbadon wrote:
Demosthenex wrote:
Just use the mod pack posted in the very first post of this thread and you won't ever have those problems.
I just noticed:

Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.16.36

I'm on the latest. I'll downgrade. I started with the pack from the mod select screen. Thanks.

Finndibaenn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Finndibaenn »

your isssue is unlikely to be caused by factorio version, but rather some plugins that you updated to a version different than the one in seablock modpack

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

With seablock updated to 0.16, I have now also finally updated my "Seablock Tweaks" mod which fixes a bunch of ordering issues the pack has. It does not change the gameplay in any way. You can find it here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SeablockTweaks

This is what it does:
  • Fixes that the water pump could be researched and placed when was is disabled in bobs and did not have recipes.
  • Fixes that the electrolyzer could be unlocked before its recipes.
  • Fixes that the electric mining drill recipe and the oil pumpjack recipe were not disabled correctly.
  • Fixes that technologies needing angels bio tokens would get sorted before all other technologies.
  • Fixes that the ordering of alien aritfacts was not the same as the small alien artifact ordering.
  • Fixes that clay brick tiles were not named.
  • Fixes that the alien processing group was not named.
Optional item group changes:
  • All chemical plants and electrolyzers are now together in the angels refining group.
  • All alien artifacts are now together in the alien processing group.
  • All storage tanks are now together in the fluid handling group.
  • The offshore pump is now located in the water treatment group.
  • The belts are now ordered by type instead of by tier.
I'd be happy if @Trainwreck would include the fixes in the seablock mod, that way everyone has a better experience playing the pack :)
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Mods”