[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
PaladinOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.5

Post by PaladinOne »

Well it looks like my previous bug report isn't the only thing that an Angel's update broke. I've got a progress blocking issue right at the beginning of a new world: there is no way for me to craft the Wooden Boards needed to make Basic Circuit Boards. Cellulose Fiber Boards have no recipe that consumes them, and the recipe to make Wooden Boards out of Paper can only be done in an Assembling Machine 2 or better.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

PaladinOne wrote:Ran an 'update all mods' this morning
It is unsupported, use exact version of mods as provided in this modpack.

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

PaladinOne wrote:Ran an 'update all mods' this morning
Just stick to the versions provided in the modpack, the individual mods can and will break things when versions change.

cruentus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cruentus »

had a quick look at the code while looking after the kids look like a few naming changes and bug with the wood which is already known
these are some band-aids until fixed for those who like running on the edge like me

seablock/data-updates.lua needs changes:

lines 640-642

data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum'].enabled = false
data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum-temperate'].enabled = false
data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum-swamp'].enabled = false

to

data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum-1'].enabled = false
data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum-temperate-1'].enabled = false
data.raw.technology['bio-aboretum-swamp-1'].enabled = false

and also Fahrradkette said change the names in seablock files below which solves that one
Fahrradkette wrote:Image

reason:
boblogistics_0.16.17/migrations/boblogistics_0.16.16.json: ["black-transport-belt", "basic-transport-belt"]

conflicts with:
SeaBlock_0.2.5/prototypes/technology.lua: {type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "black-transport-belt"}
SeaBlock_0.2.5/data-updates.lua: {'black-transport-belt', 2},

edit:
Fix which worked for me was renaming the entity in SeaBlock
lastly for the making a circuit issue in

angelsbioprocessing_0.5.5\prototypes\bio-processing-override.lua

line 33 just remove the -- at the start of the line if will bring back the old recipe until the bug is fixed

Link about raw wood problem
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652&start=2560#p353626

dragagon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dragagon »

@cruentus or anyone else.

I attempted to rename black-transport-belt to basic-transport-belt and I end up with the exact same error except it now says item with name 'basic-transport-belt' does not exist instead.

Something else appears to have changed between bobs logistics 16.17 and 16.18 that makes the rename fix no longer work. In case others are trying to update to "latest"

super_aardvark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by super_aardvark »

mrvn wrote:
live22morrow wrote:
Theaisa wrote: Quick question:
Is Boiler II still better than Boiler I with Steam Engine 1? Or do you lose more from heat loss than you gain from efficiency?
lt's worse. Just did a quick test. 1 boiler and boiler mk2 each connected to steam engine 1. Outputting to accumulators. Put 1 rocket fuel (225MJ) in each.
Steam engine connected to boiler 1 makes 112MJ. Engine connected to mk2 boiler makes 92MJ.
Basically, the engine consumes steam at a constant rate, and if the temperature is higher than the max, the remaining energy gets thrown away. Boiler Mk4 to Steam engine 1 is even worse, only making 75MJ.

Note that the opposite is not true. Connecting a low level boiler to a higher level engine actually seems to increase the total power you gain. Mk3 steam engine and mk3 steam turbine gave me 134MJ for a single rocket fuel.
Supposedly with higher temperature steam the steam engines where now supposed to use proportionally less steam. Doesn't seem to work for me either.
I'm not sure what didn't work for you, but you've identified the reason live22morrow's test didn't work. You need more than one steam engine 1 to use up all the steam produced by a boiler 2. Boiler 2 with two steam engine 1's will produce more than 112MJ of electricity from one rocket fuel.

cruentus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cruentus »

dragagon wrote:@cruentus or anyone else.

I attempted to rename black-transport-belt to basic-transport-belt and I end up with the exact same error except it now says item with name 'basic-transport-belt' does not exist instead.

Something else appears to have changed between bobs logistics 16.17 and 16.18 that makes the rename fix no longer work. In case others are trying to update to "latest"
ok bobs has added a option to turn the new belt on/off which defaults to off which is causing the problem,
to fix
load with out seablock
go options > mod settings > startup > down to bob's logistics mod > tick transport belt overhaul on > click apply
enable seablock and should work now

Pothrekr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Pothrekr »

cruentus wrote:

ok bobs has added a option to turn the new belt on/off which defaults to off which is causing the problem,
to fix
load with out seablock
go options > mod settings > startup > down to bob's logistics mod > tick transport belt overhaul on > click apply
Just be aware when you do this all undergrounds will now require wooden boards. Early game this is a deal break IMHO.

cruentus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cruentus »

Pothrekr wrote:
cruentus wrote:

to fix
load with out seablock
Just be aware when you do this all undergrounds will now require wooden boards. Early game this is a deal break IMHO.
found it, have revert to old style bob belts and change sea block to use yellow belts to get it to work both in technology.lua and can comment out the following lines in data-updates.lua in seablock

Code: Select all

-- Use steel instead of tin for yellow belts/splitters
--data.raw.recipe['transport-belt'].ingredients = {
--  {'basic-transport-belt', 2},
--  {'steel-plate', 1}
--}
--data.raw.recipe['transport-belt'].result_count = 2
--lib.removeingredient(data.raw.recipe['splitter'].ingredients, 'iron-gear-wheel')
--lib.substingredient('splitter', 'tin-plate', 'steel-plate', 2)
--ib.substingredient('underground-belt', 'tin-plate', 'steel-plate', 2)

dr_andracca
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dr_andracca »

cruentus wrote:
Pothrekr wrote:...
found it, have revert to old style bob belts and change sea block to use yellow belts to get it to work both in technology.lua and can comment out the following lines in data-updates.lua in seablock

Code: Select all

-- Use steel instead of tin for yellow belts/splitters
--data.raw.recipe['transport-belt'].ingredients = {
--  {'basic-transport-belt', 2},
--  {'steel-plate', 1}
--}
--data.raw.recipe['transport-belt'].result_count = 2
--lib.removeingredient(data.raw.recipe['splitter'].ingredients, 'iron-gear-wheel')
--lib.substingredient('splitter', 'tin-plate', 'steel-plate', 2)
--ib.substingredient('underground-belt', 'tin-plate', 'steel-plate', 2)
I just wanted to let people know the only 2 mods that seem to be causing trouble is Angel's Bio-processing and Bob's Logistics. If you revert them to Seablock's suggested version they seem to work fine.
Last edited by Kayanor on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Shortened the quoted text down a bit.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.6

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.6 has been released. Check first post for details.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Trainwreck wrote: [*]Remove changes to yellow belt and splitter recipes.
At least for me upgrade seems to be changing recipes of at least also red and blue belts (red no longer requires brass), black belts disappeared. Is it intentional?

Yellow belts with steel were bordering on an overkill but I liked brass in the red stage (blue and further remained untested).

EDIT: to reenable new belt recipes go to mod setting from the main menu and select checkbox for "belt overhaul". Factorio will restart, after that load game - new belt recipes should be present.

As result now only changelog change will be present (tin rather than steel for yellow belts). Note that you should research "basic logistics" at this point.
Last edited by fiery_salmon on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

Thanks for the update!
Selection_020.png
Selection_020.png (347.79 KiB) Viewed 5858 times

vaendryl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vaendryl »

started a new game on the x.16 version the other day.
love the new start and the guidance the tech tree provides at first.

it's clear though that mineralize water -> ores is a very inefficient pathway (and ores from nodules has been removed?)
so, I'll want to turn slag into slag slurry asap then and the research for this is very cheap at only 20 tier1 beakers. however, the recipe requires sulfuric acid.

in x.15 version I could get my hands on some sulfuric waste water quickly by doing the 'clean coke' recipe, but coke seems to have been removed. I can't find any recipe involving the new charcoal mechanics that gives me sulfur or sulfuric waste water. so how am I supposed to get sulf. acid at the start? do I really have to muddle on through all the way to hydro refining to get it? it'd take loads of tier2 beakers which I haven't even started making yet. it'd seem very strange especially because slag processing is so cheap but useless without sulfur.

I could be missing something but I'm worried I'm missing a recipe I should have.

fiery_salmon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fiery_salmon »

@vaendryl

Try seafloor pump that is now available earlier.

vaendryl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vaendryl »

fiery_salmon wrote:@vaendryl

Try seafloor pump that is now available earlier.
I see what you mean, now. I was looking for completely the wrong things so didn't find it through fNEI either.
thanks!

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

Also, the washing method of getting sodium is quite inefficient, but after getting the initial supply, you can just loop the Sulfuric acid, and never run out. If you eventually want to shift to ceramic filtering, you need to supplement the process with sulfuric acid from another source, like the sodium chain.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

vaendryl wrote:started a new game on the x.16 version the other day.
love the new start and the guidance the tech tree provides at first.

it's clear though that mineralize water -> ores is a very inefficient pathway (and ores from nodules has been removed?)
so, I'll want to turn slag into slag slurry asap then and the research for this is very cheap at only 20 tier1 beakers. however, the recipe requires sulfuric acid.

in x.15 version I could get my hands on some sulfuric waste water quickly by doing the 'clean coke' recipe, but coke seems to have been removed. I can't find any recipe involving the new charcoal mechanics that gives me sulfur or sulfuric waste water. so how am I supposed to get sulf. acid at the start? do I really have to muddle on through all the way to hydro refining to get it? it'd take loads of tier2 beakers which I haven't even started making yet. it'd seem very strange especially because slag processing is so cheap but useless without sulfur.

I could be missing something but I'm worried I'm missing a recipe I should have.
Have you done the actual math though? Using mineralized water you get 90% of the output compared to slag slurry and much quicker. You need far less crystalizers and no sulfur loop. I'm not sure if energy wise it even is inferior to slag slurry since you need a log more for that than the simple recipe.

As for getting your hands on some sulfur use the seafloor mud pump and washing plants. You then also want to use the geode crushing to make ores instead of millions of electrolyzers.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

live22morrow wrote:Also, the washing method of getting sodium is quite inefficient, but after getting the initial supply, you can just loop the Sulfuric acid, and never run out. If you eventually want to shift to ceramic filtering, you need to supplement the process with sulfuric acid from another source, like the sodium chain.
Washing method to get sodium? Sodium chain? What recipes are you talking about?

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

mrvn wrote:
live22morrow wrote:Also, the washing method of getting sodium is quite inefficient, but after getting the initial supply, you can just loop the Sulfuric acid, and never run out. If you eventually want to shift to ceramic filtering, you need to supplement the process with sulfuric acid from another source, like the sodium chain.
Washing method to get sodium? Sodium chain? What recipes are you talking about?
Sorry typo, meant washing to get sulfur/sulfuric acid. And I meant getting sulfur through the sodium sulfate sodium recipe. (sodium (sulfur) -> sulfur dioxide -> sulfuric acid -> HCl sodium sulfate -> sodium (sulfur)).

Return to “Mods”