Topics and discussion about specific mods
foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by foodfactorio »

RocketManChronicles wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:17 pm
I have Bob's mods included in my current play. I have made a change in his settings that I can only build with his modded logistics network structures (no [vanilla] roboports). However, the Drydock Assembly requires Roboport Mk1, which is not in my current game recipes. Can you look into this? Thanks! :)
hi rocketman, you might be able to "buy" it using one of the market mods.
i had to do that using binbins Black Market mod, after i patched a PyHighTech mod, and was no longer able to create red circuits (without setting up fun-sounding, but rather huge production chains) just to add a few logistics bots, so i "traded" some items for circuits lol. :)

until this is fixed here, you might be able to do something similar, but depending on your screen resolution you might run into the same recent problem as me (but a bit of fiddling and it seems to work just about)
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=30889&start=280#p377787
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

mturneruk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mturneruk »

Hi

I'm Gutted. I've been building a factory to try and complete Space X.

I just built the Space X Cobinator and placed it next to a small pylon and got the error....

SpaceMod::on_built_entity (ID6)
Error while running event - __SpaceMod__/control.lua::536:bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

I am running Bobs Adjustable Inserters Mod and have his library, but have no other mods.
Do i need this combinator to continue or is that just to provide information to the circuit network ?

Also am i trying to load each of the rocket pieces into a rocket ?
It also seems to me that 125,000 Science Packs is to many and my interest in completing this challenge will probably wane.

Nice one though.
Cheers

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

I have Bob's mods included in my current play. I have made a change in his settings that I can only build with his modded logistics network structures (no [vanilla] roboports). However, the Drydock Assembly requires Roboport Mk1, which is not in my current game recipes. Can you look into this? Thanks! :)
Same problem
Reversing that setting unfortunatly doesnt give you back the vanilla roboports either, which has to be on Bob´s side?
You might be more lucky asking him to look into it.
As far as i have seen, SpaceX doesnt add any funky intermediate products, just uses whats in the game and doesnt check if something is removed by others.
Maybe Bob can help with a dependency setting or whatever it is to do this mod magic

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Same problem
Reversing that setting unfortunatly doesnt give you back the vanilla roboports either, which has to be on Bob´s side?
As far as i have seen, SpaceX doesnt add any funky intermediate products, just uses whats in the game and doesnt check if something is removed by others.
Maybe Bob can help with a dependency setting or whatever it is to do this mod magic
A quick simple solution may be to have both available in-game, but limit myself to not build those vanilla-based roboports except for this particular recipe.

Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sopel »

Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:54 pm
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm
Same problem
A quick simple solution may be to have both available in-game, but limit myself to not build those vanilla-based roboports except for this particular recipe.
I had to do this for my modpack

Code: Select all

if settings.startup["bobmods-logistics-disableroboports"].value == true then
    -- use robochests because roboports are not craftable with this modpack settings
    bobmods.lib.recipe.replace_ingredient ("drydock-assembly", "roboport", "bob-robochest-4")
end
You can just make a simple mod with data-final-fixes.lua and spacex and boblogistics in dependencies.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

has anyone ever tried this SpaceX mod in a game with this mod - does it work?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/expanded-rocket-payloads
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

mturneruk wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Hi

I'm Gutted. I've been building a factory to try and complete Space X.

I just built the Space X Cobinator and placed it next to a small pylon and got the error....

SpaceMod::on_built_entity (ID6)
Error while running event - __SpaceMod__/control.lua::536:bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

I am running Bobs Adjustable Inserters Mod and have his library, but have no other mods.
Do i need this combinator to continue or is that just to provide information to the circuit network ?

Also am i trying to load each of the rocket pieces into a rocket ?
It also seems to me that 125,000 Science Packs is to many and my interest in completing this challenge will probably wane.

Nice one though.
Cheers
It is better is you post these on the mod portal. This is fixed in release 0.3.14 - out now.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

mturneruk wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:19 pm
Hi

You know you can turn off require the science packs in the startup mod settings, right?

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by Sandman2003 »

foodfactorio wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:45 pm

hi sandman, did you get a chance to have a look at my idea from last year here?
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=40288&start=20#p292159
maybe this can also give Game4Lols (and me and others) some more incentive and satisfaction? if easy to add a fleet? :)
Something is coming (as an addon) - probably not exactly as you envisioned, but should increase incentive and satisfaction, I think.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Sandman2003 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:50 am
Something is coming (as an addon) - probably not exactly as you envisioned, but should increase incentive and satisfaction, I think.
Would you like me to throw you guys a bone .... ?

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sandman2003 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:07 am
Sandman2003 wrote:
Would you like me to throw you guys a bone .... ?
YES!!!

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

RocketmanChronicles wrote:
YES!!!
https://imgur.com/a/1bsq6EH

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Sandman2003 wrote:
foodfactorio wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:45 pm

hi sandman, did you get a chance to have a look at my idea from last year here?
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=40288&start=20#p292159
maybe this can also give Game4Lols (and me and others) some more incentive and satisfaction? if easy to add a fleet? :)
ok cool :)

ah i saw the teaser image.... am guessing a radar scanner for receiving a rocket? :)

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:45 am

ok cool :)

ah i saw the teaser image.... am guessing a radar scanner for receiving a rocket? :)
Wrong - but rockets can go there - look up rectenna on the wiki, and this is just the minute tip of the iceberg of what I have planned ....

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

very interesting... i'll wait until you release it, and wont comment here in case my powers of perception are wrong :)

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 am
very interesting... i'll wait until you release it, and wont comment here in case my powers of perception are wrong :)
Btw by wiki I mean wikipedia - a rectenna is a thing, I didn't make it up. Also treat all graphics in that image as placeholders/wip.

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sandman2003 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:18 am
foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:26 am
Btw by wiki I mean wikipedia - a rectenna is a thing, I didn't make it up. Also treat all graphics in that image as placeholders/wip.
Oh man! I like where you are going with the rectenna! I hope it is not too overpowered once completely set up! I like a good challenge.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:44 pm
Oh man! I like where you are going with the rectenna! I hope it is not too overpowered once completely set up! I like a good challenge.
I balance everything against vanilla production capabilities, so there is that, but it will be worthwhile to go in this direction should you choose to do so. Part of the balance will be the cost and time required to get the stuff up into orbit. On the other hand you gain flexibility (targeting), day only, and no atmosphere increases the yield of solar - maybe something else as well from your zero g manufacturing. (Ok by maybe I mean definitely ... but yeah - tradeoffs, time and cost)

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

Hi, are you planning to update this mod to 0.17?

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Hi, just downloaded latest version, thx for the update. But gave me an error:

error.png
error.png (15.78 KiB) Viewed 7089 times

Return to “Mods”