Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.18.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by axtox »

Exoskeleton Mark II
  • Name: Exoskeleton Mark II
  • Version: 6.0.0
  • Factorio-Version: 1.1.*
  • Description: Adds new equipment - Exoskeleton Mark II with enhanced properties (inventory, speed, mining speed and trash slots)
  • License: GPL-3.0
  • Release: 2017-01-09
  • Download-Url: Download
  • Website (GitHub): https://github.com/axtox/exoskeleton-mark-ii
  • Dependencies: base
  • Category: Item
Long Description
Screenshots
Change log
last update 22 January 2021
Attachments
Exoskeleton Mark II_6.0.0.zip
(86.48 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
favicon
favicon
exoskeleton-mark-ii-tech.png (34.37 KiB) Viewed 5969 times
Last edited by axtox on Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by Philip017 »

let me start by saying thanks for this mod,
i put it on my server and several people have commented that the thing only uses 1.4KW
yes that is kilo watts not mega watts,
the regular exo uses 200KW and im thinking you may have missed a decimal point
or did you intend for these to use such little power?
being little over 3x as fast one might think they would use 3x as much power, but considering that they do give you other things as well, i felt i would need a combination to get my speed, as i thought 1.4MW is alot to demand, but now it's the other way around. so hopefully this is just a simple typo, or perhaps a little better balancing?

thanks again

axtox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by axtox »

Philip017 wrote:let me start by saying thanks for this mod,
i put it on my server and several people have commented that the thing only uses 1.4KW
yes that is kilo watts not mega watts,
the regular exo uses 200KW and im thinking you may have missed a decimal point
or did you intend for these to use such little power?
being little over 3x as fast one might think they would use 3x as much power, but considering that they do give you other things as well, i felt i would need a combination to get my speed, as i thought 1.4MW is alot to demand, but now it's the other way around. so hopefully this is just a simple typo, or perhaps a little better balancing?

thanks again
I'm feeling really happy when i see that my work becomes useful to someone, thats why I'm doing it)
i really appreciate that, thank you very much!

Yes, you are 100% right. The power must be 1.4MW, and it actually was in 0.9.0 pre-release version of mod, i don't really know what happend, i must missed something. The idea, as you noticed, was to increase power x3 from basic exoskeleton power + other abilities consumption. But now i can see that this is too much, in real world the ability to increase human strength (to carry more) doesn't require electricity power at all, in fact, exoskeleton can be made at home from scratch. so you're actually right. I'm thinking to reduce it to 650kW and with that, keep in mind that you always can use MK2 batteries (vanilla) that has 200Mj amount of energy each (almost 307 seconds of actual work for one exoskeleton per fully charged battery)! That means that even if you don't have enough fusion reactors to cover all consumption, you will have this kind of backup (if charged). Also mention that exoskeletons mark II do not use energy when you're not using them. So when your character is idle the batteries can be charged, this brings even more balancing to the game!
My goal was to create something that correlates with real life, so the main purpose was to stick with balancing and realistic behavior.
I hope that this is still fulfill your expectations from this mod, and you'll make use of it

I'm sorry for delayed answer, thank you very much for this feedback, i will post new release version in few days, check for updates from in-game menu Mods -> Check for updates by then

comwarrior
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by comwarrior »

I get the following error when starting my modded server after updating this mod... (factorio V0.15.34)

37.723 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running on_configuration_changed: Error while running event Exoskeleton Mark II::on_player_armor_inventory_changed (ID 35)
User isn't connected; can't read character

The server terminates with the following stack trace...

stack traceback:
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:88: in function 'update_modifier_status'
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:25: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:24>
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:13: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:3>
stack traceback:
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:13: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:3>"
37.727 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
37.742 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:140: Quitting multiplayer connection.
37.742 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(InitializationFailed) to(Closed)
37.816 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
37.817 Goodbye

I am removing the mod from the server until resolved... If you need someone to test a fix, let me know.

axtox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by axtox »

comwarrior wrote:I get the following error when starting my modded server after updating this mod... (factorio V0.15.34)

37.723 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running on_configuration_changed: Error while running event Exoskeleton Mark II::on_player_armor_inventory_changed (ID 35)
User isn't connected; can't read character

The server terminates with the following stack trace...

stack traceback:
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:88: in function 'update_modifier_status'
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:25: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:24>
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:13: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:3>
stack traceback:
Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:13: in function <Exoskeleton Mark II/control.lua:3>"
37.727 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed)
37.742 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:140: Quitting multiplayer connection.
37.742 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(-1) changing state from(InitializationFailed) to(Closed)
37.816 Info UDPSocket.cpp:206: Closing socket
37.817 Goodbye

I am removing the mod from the server until resolved... If you need someone to test a fix, let me know.
Thank you! Just read your feedback at https://mods.factorio.com
Just to update you - here is my answer and details on this issue:
Discussion from Factorio Mods site wrote:Thanks for your feedback, this is really important.
I just found out what's wrong. I was hoping that you CAN access 'character' property just to check if it's nil, but it seems like there is remark on official lua-doc factorio site that says:
"Note: It is not valid to access this attribute when the player is disconnected (see LuaPlayer::connected)."

I will post a fix later today, please be in touch

And thank you again for your cooperation!
So please feel free to download newest version from Mods menu in Factorio title screen

Xagros
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Exoskeleton Mark II locale+ ko,ja

Post by Xagros »

ImageImage

axtox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] Exoskeleton Mark II locale+ ko,ja

Post by axtox »

Thank you my friend! New localization file are already included in 2.2.0, so please feel free to download latest version to see new features

FallenPaladin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] Exoskeleton Mark II

Post by FallenPaladin »

Hey guys do you think as a community would could get this up and running again? I've repaired as much as I could but still having issues with the control.lua, if we could repair this everything would work correctly. I hope someone can at least point me in the right direction.
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

axtox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axtox »

FallenPaladin wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Hey guys do you think as a community would could get this up and running again? I've repaired as much as I could but still having issues with the control.lua, if we could repair this everything would work correctly. I hope someone can at least point me in the right direction.
Hi,

I'm back again, sorry for the delay. And HUGE thanks to you that you've ping me up in GitHub, because I got notification from my email. I wasn't think that I would return to this game in nearby future. But thanks to you - this mode is still alive!
I'm waiting for your response on Pull Requests and issue that you've created. Meanwhile im working on `control.lua` improvements. The Factorio API has changed a lot, I need some time on this

axtox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axtox »

FallenPaladin wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm
Thank you again, my friend. I will also take a time to update it to 0.18
Thank you!!

Return to “Mods”