[dead] Wagons: More train stuff

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [beta] Wagons: More train stuff

Post by Neotix »

Mod is working and no need to scary people :P
Just we have to make sure that we don't have more than 200 wagons/locomotives.
Right now I have reduced total amount to 198 and it's working without problems.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

0.12 actually? new version not?

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Airat9000 wrote:0.12 actually? new version not?
all version have this bug. If you have more than 100 wagons I would be very careful

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
Neotix wrote:Deleting script.dat from save helped.
Here is link to bug thread https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4980
Glad you got it working. I've updated the main post advising people not to use this mod so they don't get bitten by the same bug. I've also started work on the new version of wagons that fixes this issue, It is requiring an update to nearly every part of the code though.
Any details on how your fixing it? As for saving entities, I don't believe i have this problem with MoLogicCore. However with MLC I did implement my own system to save data.
(Because factorio didn't support saving entities properly back then.)

Feel free to pick it apart if you want. Entity saving is in the Entity script.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=2778

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ludsoe wrote:Any details on how your fixing it? As for saving entities, I don't believe i have this problem with MoLogicCore. However with MLC I did implement my own system to save data.
(Because factorio didn't support saving entities properly back then.)

Feel free to pick it apart if you want. Entity saving is in the Entity script.
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=2778
Simply saving entity information in this method bypasses the issue:

Code: Select all

onplayerbuiltentity:

if glob.trains == nil then glob.trains = {} end
local newTrain = {}

newTrain[1] = event.createdEntity
newTrain[2] = "other stuff you might want to record"

table.insert(glob.trains, newTrain)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

JamesOFarell will you add highspeed trains for this mod like in DyTech? or may be i skiped something?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Right, I finally got off my ass and updated this. New version is in the first post, it fixes that game breaking bug and tweaks a few things like the speed of the locos and how accumulator carriages work.

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Right, I finally got off my ass and updated this. New version is in the first post, it fixes that game breaking bug and tweaks a few things like the speed of the locos and how accumulator carriages work.
Thanks !
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

JamesOFarrell, the 0.13 is very very slowing the loading of game, it can takes 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes, in version 0.12 i didn't see that problem, please fix the loading of mod if u can

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

aklesey1 wrote:JamesOFarrell, the 0.13 is very very slowing the loading of game, it can takes 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes, in version 0.12 i didn't see that problem, please fix the loading of mod if u can
Loading a save or starting factorio? can you upload the save so I can check it out?

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

JamesOFarrell wrote:Right, I finally got off my ass and updated this. New version is in the first post, it fixes that game breaking bug and tweaks a few things like the speed of the locos and how accumulator carriages work.
Another problem with logistic carts and filters is that a storage cart with a slot filtered will still allow bots to deliver other items to it, but they will be destroyed as they are not stored in the filtered slot.
To test this, fill all but a couple slots with one item, set filter on empty slots, and put down an active provider with a third item type in it. bots will deliver the third item, but it will not be stored in the cart.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

starxplor wrote:Another problem with logistic carts and filters...
This is one of the 2 main issues (the other being building power rail with construction bots) keeping this mod in beta/WIP and it is mentioned in the first post. Because I can't interact with filters in any way I can't do anything about it at the moment. I'm hoping some updated mod API stuff makes it into 0.11 so i can work on getting this mod into a less hacky state.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:JamesOFarrell, the 0.13 is very very slowing the loading of game, it can takes 20 minutes instead of 2 minutes, in version 0.12 i didn't see that problem, please fix the loading of mod if u can
Loading a save or starting factorio? can you upload the save so I can check it out?
I mean the starting of the game itself not loading of the save game, i disabled that mod and starting of the game was very quickly, but I think that may be the start and does not affect your mod, may be another mod - i have all bob mods (except bob mods which now in work in progrees status), all dytech, f-mod, treefarm, kassa industries, youki, moar inserters
I'll upload my data this mods folder and all u want later, if i not forget, i'm simply not have the opportunity to that writing right now

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

aklesey1 wrote:I mean the starting of the game itself not loading of the save game
There is not any code in wagons that would cause the mod to slow down the startup time of the game like that. It adds about 40 megs of sprites which should add some time to loading but not 20 minutes. If you are using a zipped version of the mod maybe try and unzip it first, see if that makes a difference.
aklesey1 wrote: i disabled that mod and starting of the game was very quickly, but I think that may be the start and does not affect your mod, may be another mod - i have all bob mods (except bob mods which now in work in progrees status), all dytech, f-mod, treefarm, kassa industries, youki, moar inserters
I'll upload my data this mods folder and all u want later, if i not forget, i'm simply not have the opportunity to that writing right now
Just a screenshot of your mods folder would be great, I can download versions of any mods I am missing and test it that way. Also make sure you are using the latest version of facotrio.

The only other thing i can think of is maybe something has corrupted one of the images? Maybe re-download the mod and see if that fixes the issue.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

0.11.11 not work.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Airat9000 wrote:0.11.11 not work.
Yeah it wont work, thanks for the update. I'll try to stop playing 0.11.1 long enough to update my mods =)

Razkiery
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Razkiery »

Your mod is really awesome, and thanks for make that. One thing that i don't see on your mod is: where is the liquid wagon? if you can do it will be really awesome (well, i mean if the wagon can takes oil or water)

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Razkiery wrote:where is the liquid wagon?
Glad you enjoy it. the Liquid wagon was planned but turned out to be impossible, until 0.11.0. They added the API I need to get it running so that should be in the updated version. That said, I will be updating my other mods before this one so it will be at least a week before i look at wagons.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

JamesOFarrell wrote:
Razkiery wrote:where is the liquid wagon?
Glad you enjoy it. the Liquid wagon was planned but turned out to be impossible, until 0.11.0. They added the API I need to get it running so that should be in the updated version. That said, I will be updating my other mods before this one so it will be at least a week before i look at wagons.
I have by the way your mod play I especially like electric trains, waiting now with liquids for transportation of oil and gas and lava. (gas Cartman mod) 3 more wagons. ready help in testing

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Ok, liquid wagons are available here. I've decided to release them as a separate mod as wagons is a mess. I'll be doing this with Electric Locomotives and maybe Provider Wagons. I know I said I would release a version of Wagons for 0.11 but I just don't think it is worth it. If you want to open a save with electric trains in it you will have to open it in 0.10.12 with wagons installed, remove all the trains and rail then load it up in 0.11. This is usually not an issue when uninstalling mods but rail entities are unique and will cause the game to crash if removed. Sorry if this causes anyone any issues, if enough people care I can probably write a tool to remove the entities, just let me know and I'll see what I can come up with.

Return to “Mods”