Mylon's Many Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mylon's Many Mods

Post by Mylon »

I updated Bluebuild with the "revive=true" flag.

I also added a new mod: Enhanced Biters.

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MisterFister »

Hi there. I like the idea behind this mod, and I note in the changelog that you've worked to make your Prospector mod Angelbob compatible.

Now, I know my question is somewhat basic, but I'd care to suggest to you that you could design your cross-links to be a bit more conducive to a user like me doing one's own research for these things. As things stand, the page for your mod on the portal links to this thread's OP. That's great. Then, within your OP here, there are links for your individual mods. That's awesome. I scroll down and quickly glean that your list of individual-mod links are alphabetized. That's a nice touch! Then I clicked on the link for Prospector, figuring that maybe you have separate threads for each mod, or maybe you had the foresight when creating this forum thread to reserve the first handful of comment replies so that you could dedicate individual comments to each mod individually with maybe a brief FAQ or a "known issues" section where I could look to see if my question is already answered somewhere.

But no, that link points me right back to the mod portal where I started. Ok. You have a dozen mods, several of them apparently being actively discussed throughout this thread. In glancing through all eleven pages of comments, I didn't find anything relating to my Prospector question, but like I said, it's eleven pages, and "needle in a haystack" comes to mind. My point being, if my question is asked elsewhere, please know that I apologize for being unable to find it. I might suggest that you increase the ability of a visitor like me to use your rather spiffy looking links to find some basic info on their own so that you wouldn't be flooded with already-asked questions. (And I'm not being sarcastic, that's legit a nice touch that many modders don't employ in their forum threads -- some don't even HAVE forum threads!)

~~~

Anywhoozle. I'm running a lot of mods, and I posed a question here about being unable to place a Mk1 electric miner on Bobmonium or Rubyte, but very able to use a burner drill instead, which I would prefer not to do. There's no tooltip, and no in-game explanation for what I need to do differently to begin mining this resource.

I've done some troubleshooting, and the problem goes away when I disable your mod. Note that I'm running (for some reason) two separate infinite-ores mods, one with Angel's and the other called "Yet Another Infinite Ore Mechanic." The notes for that mod suggest to me, but don't make me certain, that it's compatible with yours. Maybe the combo of all three is an issue?

At any rate, I specify my mods in that other post, and I can post them here, too.
QoL or cosmetic mods
Gameplay mods
AngelBob
And of course, my savefile is attached as well. Please let me know if I can provide any other info to make it easier for you to help me identify what's wrong. Thanks.
Attachments
MisterFister.zip
(10.68 MiB) Downloaded 136 times

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I have a lot of mods and it's hard to stay on top of all of them! The mod portal doesn't notify me when there's a new comment or maybe I would be able to reply more easily on a per-mod basis using the per-mod discussion feature. Some modders get their own forum! And maybe I'd like to have that for myself but I haven't really pursued that option.

Anyhow... This seems to be a problem with ore hardness. Mining drills cannot mine ore that exceeds their mining hardness. It looks like I nerfed the vanilla drill but I don't remember why. I'll see about adjusting the hardness of tier 2 and tier 3 ores and removing the tier 1 drill nerf.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

that's just silly that the mod portal doesn't notify you of comments... seems like quite an oversight on the usefulness of the portal

anyhow i was coming to inform you that concreep doesn't seem to work with reinforced concrete

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

bushbaby1234 wrote:that's just silly that the mod portal doesn't notify you of comments... seems like quite an oversight on the usefulness of the portal

anyhow i was coming to inform you that concreep doesn't seem to work with reinforced concrete
I have a patch ready to go that accounts for regular concrete and reinforced concrete. But it gives up the expanding from the middle approach of the previous version. Debating if I should spend more time tweaking or release as-is.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

i just updated Bluebuild (from 1.1.9 to 1.1.10) and got this error

__Bluebuild__/control.lua:132: ')' expected near '='

let me know what other info you need from me

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

bushbaby1234 wrote:i just updated Bluebuild (from 1.1.9 to 1.1.10) and got this error

__Bluebuild__/control.lua:132: ')' expected near '='

let me know what other info you need from me
Same here. Happens as soon as I plop down a blueprint.

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I fixed it. Sorry, I'm getting sloppy.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

No worries.
Thanks for the quick update!

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

... i broke it again... (v1.1.11)

Error while running event Bluebuild::on_tick (ID 0)
__Bluebuild__/control.lua:132: attempt to index global 'created_entity' (a nil value)

let me know if you need anything else

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I fixed it.

bushbaby1234
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bushbaby1234 »

thanks again!

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

I updated Bot Servicing with some big options. Including belt clogging avoidance and spare parts costs as an option.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Mylon wrote:I updated Bot Servicing with some big options. Including belt clogging avoidance and spare parts costs as an option.
\o/
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Djohaal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Djohaal »

Is bot servicing dynamically compatible with new bot types (ie, yuoki, bobs, etc) ?

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Djohaal wrote:Is bot servicing dynamically compatible with new bot types (ie, yuoki, bobs, etc) ?
I've tested it with Bobs and it works with Bob's Logistic's Bots. I haven't tested it with other mods, but it should work. The service recipe is generated dynamically.

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

that's just silly that the mod portal doesn't notify you of comments... seems like quite an oversight on the usefulness of the portal
Totally agree. And I guess that makes my bug report for Dirt Path pointless...

Anyway it looks like dirt paths are forming in the factorissimo factories, overriding the concrete. I noticed that this was addressed in a previous version, so I'm wondering now if maybe I've got a mod conflict or maybe a recent update for factorissimo broke it...

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Yes, Factorissimo... Always my bane.

I changed the logic of Dirt Path so it (hopefully) works on all surfaces again. Unfortunately, Factorissmo treats its indoor tiles differently and doesn't give it a "hidden_tile".

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I've had an issue with Bluebuild for some time but haven't had time to fully check it out until now. Constructing works with no issues, but deconstructing does not. I can hit "n" to turn it on and off, but in neither setting does something marked for destruction get removed.

I looked at the only log file I know of and it is very spartan. But, I've included it in case it helps.
factorio-current.log
(11.36 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Deconstruction is limited by only being able to look at nearby entities and checking if they've been marked for deconstruction. If there's too many entities nearby, the game can't check them all without taking a serious performance hit. Unfortunately it's a limitation of the engine and I have to make concessions for the sake of performance. Long reach in particular can make the problem worse, as it increases the search area.

Return to “Mods”